Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mana damage, training dummies, and boss book!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
Okay, so I have a few ideas here and I think that they could really improve the game.

Mana damage: How about for when you are in a high level area, maybe when/if a third story arc comes out, there are new spells that the enemies and you use that take away mana. That way mana can become a priority when looking at stats, as health is.

Training dummies: So this is pretty self explanatory, I guess. I'm tired of not knowing how a new spell works, or the best set up for it, or how to stack my blades, the best deck setup for me, etc. So why not have a training dummy at your house? You can choose it's school, health (infinite could be a good idea), it's boost or resist, and if you want unlimited pips or how many you want to start with.

Boss book: I think it would be really cool where you can buy a pedestal that you put in your house, maybe have a sigil so you can bring some friends, that lets you access every boss you've defeated and lets you fight said boss, minions and all. This would make it a lot easier to farm, if they give those bosses from the Boss Book drops, and it would be easier to just get to bosses you enjoy fighting.

What do y'all think? I'd love to hear some suggestions!

Explorer
Sep 22, 2013
copyright98 on Aug 17, 2015 wrote:
Okay, so I have a few ideas here and I think that they could really improve the game.

Mana damage: How about for when you are in a high level area, maybe when/if a third story arc comes out, there are new spells that the enemies and you use that take away mana. That way mana can become a priority when looking at stats, as health is.

Training dummies: So this is pretty self explanatory, I guess. I'm tired of not knowing how a new spell works, or the best set up for it, or how to stack my blades, the best deck setup for me, etc. So why not have a training dummy at your house? You can choose it's school, health (infinite could be a good idea), it's boost or resist, and if you want unlimited pips or how many you want to start with.

Boss book: I think it would be really cool where you can buy a pedestal that you put in your house, maybe have a sigil so you can bring some friends, that lets you access every boss you've defeated and lets you fight said boss, minions and all. This would make it a lot easier to farm, if they give those bosses from the Boss Book drops, and it would be easier to just get to bosses you enjoy fighting.

I absolutely adore all of these ideas. I would love to see them in game!

Lenora SkullShade100

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
copyright98 on Aug 17, 2015 wrote:

Mana Damage: we actually have this already with the Balance Mana Burn spell. And in a roundabout way, dispels do the same thing if played correctly. I do agree it would be nice to have the Mana Burn option more readily available to all wizards and not just Balance.

Training Dummies: We sort of already have this too but he happens to be named Foulgaze. Or any number of other low-level bosses. However, it would be nice to have a place to do this at home.

Boss Book: Really like this idea. From a programming standpoint I don't know how viable this would be but it's an interesting concept.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
Really good ideas, but on the boss book, maybe only bosses that are not in dungeons. Otherwise it would be a bit unfair when farming Tartarus, for example. Really cool ideas though!

Leesha StarForge, level 90

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
All of these are perfect and need to be in the game.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
TucsonWizard on Aug 17, 2015 wrote:
Mana Damage: we actually have this already with the Balance Mana Burn spell. And in a roundabout way, dispels do the same thing if played correctly. I do agree it would be nice to have the Mana Burn option more readily available to all wizards and not just Balance.

Training Dummies: We sort of already have this too but he happens to be named Foulgaze. Or any number of other low-level bosses. However, it would be nice to have a place to do this at home.

Boss Book: Really like this idea. From a programming standpoint I don't know how viable this would be but it's an interesting concept.
Actually the mana burn spell isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about when the enemy has mana stats and spells can take away mana so they couldn't cast spells or they can run out of mana.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2014
I absolutely adore all of these ideas :D

For the mana burn, only balance wizards have them :P

The training idea sounds awesome :D But would you just buy this training dummy in the crown shop/bazaar or would it be automatically in your house? What about dorms? Do they have them? Wizards should also be able to choose its rank/level, minions, cheats, etc. This would be very useful in preparing for a future boss and getting ready for very hard solo dungeons :)

The boss idea, I'm not too sure off. I have mixed feelings :P

Otherwise, these are a must-add to the game :D

- Kelly

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Just make the bosses drop nothing. Otherwise it'd defeat the purpose of having dungeons.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying I wouldn't like an easier way to get Darkmoor level gear, but it just doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
lewski on Aug 18, 2015 wrote:
Just make the bosses drop nothing. Otherwise it'd defeat the purpose of having dungeons.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying I wouldn't like an easier way to get Darkmoor level gear, but it just doesn't really make a lot of sense.
If I understand the OP's point correctly I think you'd have to initially defeat the boss in their home dungeon before the option to fight them at your home would be available. And I agree that in the re-matches the boss drops should be scaled down at the very least.