Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Plant Crossbreeding

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
I don't know if this is beyond the scope of the target audiences age for wizard101 but i feel like plant traits, crossbreeding and mutations could be a cool concept and addition. The basic premise would be to adopt a lot of features from the pet breeding system. have various traits and use the allele system to determine what traits are passed on from generation to generation. this can result in appearance changes such as the hybrid system pertaining to pets, but most usefully it can result in changes in yield speed of growth, persistence of pets, maintenance difficulty etc. The method of crossbreeding plants would be up for discussion however it can be as simple as growing two plants of different traits next to each other or as complex as using a machine or sigils similar to the hatchery. I think this could extend the life of gardening, so that the end game is not farming for hours to get the best plant outright but actually gardening to improve your plants.