Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spells, practically perfect in every way

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 15, 2008
Hello, fellow wizards! Today i'd like to talk about some spell animations and some new spells I had in mind. First I would like to talk about animations. And not just spell animations but creature animations too. I noticed that the animation for sitting in one place for awhile is different between spectre pets (reaver, etc) and creature spectres (shadow-web haunt, etc). With creature spectres in combat, after awhile they will do their disappearing ability, poke their head out and look around, then become visible again, which is VERY cool. With pets, after standing there awhile, they will just wave their arms around as if conducting an orchestra. I wish the pet spectres had the same animation as the creature spectres. Ok, now for a spell animation update with the loremaster and luminous weaver spell. For the loremaster, my idea is that it shows the loremaster's enchanted book that she holds sitting on a dragonspyre book shelf. The camera then zooms out to reveal the dragonspyre library with a big hole in the roof. A fire dragon then flies down and perches on the edge of the broken roof, and roars, which causes lots of the books in the library to fall off of the shelf, including the loremaster's spell book. The camera then zooms down onto the loremaster's spell book which is on the floor face up and open. She then flies out of the book like she does in the current animation, and does the attack like in the current animation. Now for the luminous weaver, It should show the spider crawl out of a big pile of webs, then attack like the current animation. Now here is my idea for the new spells:

Icarus: 750 and 500 damage to all enemies. This spell would show icarus flying around over greece and then focus on the player. He would then ram into the player with his sword, causing the life damage. Then after that he would use his sword to reflect the sun light onto the enemy dealing the solar damage. He would do this to all enemies and this spell would cost 4 pips and be a rare spell drop added to aphrodite 2's drops.

Thanks for your time! Matthew Wyrmblade exalted