Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thoughts on future spell ideas

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Rather than come up with new damage spells I thought I'd propose a couple of ideas for spells that effect enemies differently...

Polymorph Other: this 6-pip spell would allow you to cause the victim to randomly polymorph into a relatively harmless creature for 4 rounds. The victim would be transformed into a poodle or chicken (or insert other ridiculous creature) and would be powerless until the effects of the spell wear off. They would retain all of the health and resistances afforded them by their gear or innate abilities but would be unable to cast offensive or defensive spells. In essence this would be an extended, more costly "stun", with some added graphics.

Mutate Deck: this 5-pip spell would cause a random shift of the victim's deck to a different school for 2 rounds. During this time the target's deck would include only the basic school-issued spells that coincide with the school to which they've been shifted and TCs would not be accessible. Power-pips usage would also be effected.

Spell Shift: this 4-pip spell would cause the victim's next spell to be randomly replaced by another spell from their deck - of equal or lesser pip value.

Of course there should be a chance for the potential victim to roll a successful "resist" to nullify all of the above.

These spells would be best utilized by a Balance wizard in a supporting role.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
I honestly started laughing when I started reading the Polymorph Other idea (in a good way). Why haven't anybody think of that before? Like, that's awesome! And maybe instead of stunning the poor wizard that has been polymorphed into a chicken, it would be forced to help you for the amount of time the spell would work (if it costs 6 pips, then you probably deserve a little bit of healing and maybe a shield).

Mutate Deck can be pretty useful, but it can also be risky since you can give them a deck that has better spells. Maybe give it 3 rounds?

Spell Shift , same as Mutate Deck can be useful but can ruin the whole battle if the victim was close to losing, but instead of attaking you they would use a powerful heal.

Continue coming up with these and I hope one day your ideas will be added to the game!
P.S. Poor victims...

-

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
I actually had a similar spell idea to the polymorph one (I made it balance). It's called Vex and it transforms a single enemy into a frog for a certain amount of rounds (I made it like four I think). To keep it fair, they keep same amount of health and all shields and charms but lose their spell deck. They would only get a natural frog attack that's weak but based on level.

My other ideas were negative charms that are activated when that enemy attacks you. Most deal damage based on pips. For example the balance one is Spoky Cactus (looks kinda like a green weakness) that deals 150 damage per pip when target attacks caster. Another is Flaming Skulls (death) and deals (not sure) 120-180 damage and converts half to health after target attacks castee. I have many other ideas but those are a few examples. I posted my spell ideas a few days ago