Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wrong Catch of the Day

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2014
Every time i go fishing, I always have one fish in mind that i need to catch (for example, a Lifeacuda). However, I NEVER get the fish I want. Any advice?

P.S. Don't say that should get a life lure or the identify fish school spell because i did those things and use them, but it still doesn't work.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
While you can't control which fish you get it helps if you scare off the fish that are not the school you want (just run into the ones that aren't life school (or whatever school type you are going for) then leave the rest. This means all the fish in the pond will at least be the school you are looking for making it more likely you will catch what you want. Once you hit dragonspyre and a certain level of fishing you can get a spell that scares away all the fish of a certain type so you dont have to risk scaring off the wrong fish

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
OlaftheGreat022 on Aug 14, 2015 wrote:
Every time i go fishing, I always have one fish in mind that i need to catch (for example, a Lifeacuda). However, I NEVER get the fish I want. Any advice?

P.S. Don't say that should get a life lure or the identify fish school spell because i did those things and use them, but it still doesn't work.
Kind of like fishing in real life huh?
It might also depend on where you're fishing. If the fish you want really is a Lifeacuda then I would suggest Unicorn Way. The only Life school fish there are Lifeacudas and Treantfish and you're almost always guaranteed to get some of the former. I craft a lot of Regular Keeper Aquariums and that's where I get my Lifeacudas for the recipe. I've fished it to the point that I'm surprised they're not on the endangered species list.