Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Raise jewel drop rates?

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Hey everyone, I use to be active on here a few years back, but then I left these forums for Wizard101central, and then I left the game. This summer I came back and I played through the content and I had fun. I enjoy PvP a lot, also. However, I can't PvP quite yet. The current meta requires you to jewel farm and farm darkmoor for top tier gear.

Me and many others (and probably some of you yourself) understand how difficult and tedious it is to acquire pierce jewels. I was okay with this, even despite the watered-down jewel drops due to pet jewels. I do have patience (I did ~120 Tartarus runs and only have a hat to show off, which wasn't even too good), but now I'm feeling hopeless and slowly giving up on the game once again. I have a single fire pierce jewel in roughly 150-160 hours of farming (and that one jewel was from questing). If I got one for every 5-10 hours I farmed, I'd be okay with that, but 150+ hours and only one is quite disappointing.

However, the reason I'm posting this is because of the last 3-4 days since the last maintenance. Between 10-15 hours of farming, I have gained only three jewels from White Razors/Yellow Jacket Shredders. Two defense sapphires and a polished mending (or healing? don't remember) opal. Another friend of mine has been farming for the storm-giver jewel, which I know should be more rare, but after over 120+ hours (he's only in moon cliffs whenever I see him online), he has nothing to show for it. A single jewel should not be this rare.

I have been having struggles with morganthe (60+ runs and nothing on my fire, but I've heard tales of 250+ runs with nothing), but this isn't what this thread is about. Just something I wanted to throw out there.

Could it be possible that the jewel drop rates be raised? Not significantly, but just enough so it feels worth my time.

P.S.: To those who believe you don't need pierce jewels for exalted PvP, please tell me the last time you saw a warlord without these. I have only ever seen one warlord, a balance (top tier), without pierce jewels, but he still had 1 and full gear and a perfect pet.

Thank you!

Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
Hey there! I agree, it is hard to obtain jewels but it's not really because of the drop rate, it is more because of how many jewels that one creature can actually drop. The White Razors on Crescent Beach for example, they drop more than about 30 jewels so it's a very slim chance that you will even obtain one. This is what I have done to obtain my Polished Piercing Sapphire 6% jewels for PvP. I have yet to obtain my Morganthe Amulet also and I farm her and I use the orchiculum (or however you spell it) to craft jewels. Yes, it's a slim chance also but it's better getting two things done at once. - VSpiritcaller, 100 , 1st & 2nd Age Warlord.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Farming for these is indeed very difficult. I'm shocked when I see people in the arena with all their circle slots filled with pierce jewels. I'm like how on earth did you get them so fast. Some people just have good luck on drops, most don't. Fun/Pain ratio. Sadly, I've always been on the latter side of that equation.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Victoria S on Aug 9, 2015 wrote:
Hey there! I agree, it is hard to obtain jewels but it's not really because of the drop rate, it is more because of how many jewels that one creature can actually drop. The White Razors on Crescent Beach for example, they drop more than about 30 jewels so it's a very slim chance that you will even obtain one. This is what I have done to obtain my Polished Piercing Sapphire 6% jewels for PvP. I have yet to obtain my Morganthe Amulet also and I farm her and I use the orchiculum (or however you spell it) to craft jewels. Yes, it's a slim chance also but it's better getting two things done at once. - VSpiritcaller, 100 , 1st & 2nd Age Warlord.
I'm doing the exact same thing... This is not fun at all. I don't think I'll be renewing my membership anyways because of the upcoming school year. I just hope this is addressed soon. Ironically, I have all my storm's jewels, so I'm motivated to get him to 100! Lol