Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stitching your wand into ... nothing!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2010
Hello!
I recently came with an idea. Every type of wand has a special animation, and some people stitch their wands only to get the animation from the stitch., i.e.: Stitch a wand and get the appearance of the sword to get the sword animation. I think it is great that you can stitch to customize your wizard, but i think a feature should be added. Personnaly, i love the animation of having ... no wand! I really like to unequip my wand only to get the "hands animation", but I loose great stats, pips at the start, etc. My idea is that you can stitch a wand to get the appearance of no wand. If this isn't possible, it would be great to have a new type of wand, something like gloves, that giev the same animation than having no wand. These gloves could or could not have stats, since its for stitching. What do you think about it?

Explorer
Dec 09, 2011
Its a good idea, I really love the gloves idea. But what if they did give stats that could be better then your old wand

And what will the cast be when you wand hit Maybe a punch to the ground and a crack goes to the target.

Also what will you suggest on getting this wand

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
Keep in mind this is a kids game overall a good idea but :/

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I like the idea, gloves or no gloves it sounds like a nice animation option that I wouldn't think would be too difficult to implement. I especially like Copy's punching the ground idea. I don't see what this has to do with this being a kid's game... nothing mentioned here was even remotely too graphic. At least no more than an earthquake spell or Saturday morning cartoons.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
I guess but it would still be a bit strange in my opinion

Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
copycatingwizard on Aug 4, 2015 wrote:
Its a good idea, I really love the gloves idea. But what if they did give stats that could be better then your old wand

And what will the cast be when you wand hit Maybe a punch to the ground and a crack goes to the target.

Also what will you suggest on getting this wand
That's actually quite a good idea .
Some other ideas for glove animations could be:
-Slicing at the air with their hands.
-Making a gun sign with their fingers and pretending to shoot.
-Punching the air.
-A Hadouken-like animation

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Nice idea Dragonmaster,

I've always felt like Kingsisle should do more with the attack/defense animations. I'm glad there is more variety in wand animation. I thought it would be cool if we could pick up and hold the shields we have casted to reduce damage. Fire dragon breathes his attack on you but you reach down and pick up your tower shield and hold it in the air as most of the fire breath shoots off to the sides. Yes, I know that's asking for a lot of coding. Still would be cool.

Survivor
May 04, 2010
I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who would like to see that in the game . The gloves we are talking about could have stats, but I was more thinking about the clothes Eloise MerryWheater sells. There should be at least on pair of gloves in her stuff. What do you think? Any other ideas to improve it?