Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

TC Shadow Pip Aura

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
Vengeance can be bought by any level, so what about an aura that gives you a chance to get a Shadow pip? Obviously not useable in PvP, but for farming dungeons this would be very useful. Example: I farm Mount Olympus on my Magus , and I have a glowbug squall tc in my backpack, however I can't use it because there is no way for me to get a shadow pip, this would be incredibly useful for the Zeus battle, as well as others.
The spell could be something like this

Maelstrom Atmosphere:

1% pip chance
No pvp

What do you guys think?

~Christopher Waterward, Promethean Wizard
~Christopher Thunderwhisper, Magus Wizard

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
I don't like it. Shadow pips should remain a high level feature

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Ian Dragonpyre on Jul 28, 2015 wrote:
I don't like it. Shadow pips should remain a high level feature
I agree. Just sell the card.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
Sorry, I have to agree with Ian on this one. Shadow Magic (and Shadow Pips) is, and always should be, for higher leveled Wizards. This is because it's not even introduced until the last world of the 2nd story arc, which would make no sense to Wizards under.

But I think if we were to get a Shadow Pip aura it should be available to Wizards level 92+ and have more of a Shadow Pip Chance than 1%. 10-35% sounds reasonable because I wouldn't spend a training point on it if that wasn't the case.

P.S. Vengeance CAN'T be bought at any level. You must be level 56+ to buy this spell. If it could be bought at any level, this would give lower leveled Wizards an unfair advantage, just like the Shadow Pip aura.

Your idea could turn out to be a great feature (with a few modifications), though!

- Marissa LifeBlossom
currently level 84+

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
MarissatheFT on Jul 29, 2015 wrote:
Sorry, I have to agree with Ian on this one. Shadow Magic (and Shadow Pips) is, and always should be, for higher leveled Wizards. This is because it's not even introduced until the last world of the 2nd story arc, which would make no sense to Wizards under.

But I think if we were to get a Shadow Pip aura it should be available to Wizards level 92+ and have more of a Shadow Pip Chance than 1%. 10-35% sounds reasonable because I wouldn't spend a training point on it if that wasn't the case.

P.S. Vengeance CAN'T be bought at any level. You must be level 56+ to buy this spell. If it could be bought at any level, this would give lower leveled Wizards an unfair advantage, just like the Shadow Pip aura.

Your idea could turn out to be a great feature (with a few modifications), though!

- Marissa LifeBlossom
currently level 84+
Vengeance can't be learnt at any level, but the TC can be bought at any level. Some & all TCs are the only current ones that require levels to buy. All levels can buy -enhanced spells & Auras, but only higher levels can use the former, whereas all levels can use the latter. I think there should be an aura like this; or 10. Either and X-level card (not sure how that would work), or a aura each 10 levels. Starting at 10+ gives +1% pip chance, 40+ gives 4% pip chance, 100+ gives +10% pip chance. Only certain lower levels buy -enhanced TCs (I have a deck full of them, but I won't use them till Khrysalis), so not many wizards will be willing to spend 3,000 gold for 3% chance they might be able to use a spell, and only for 4 rounds. It's good for overkill at lower levels, but not many people would use it.

0 pips, 0 pips, 100% accuracy, +1% pip chance per 10 levels for 4 rounds. That's what I'm thinking.

Also: No PvP! At all. No initiate diviner will be allowed to crush an archmage diviner from a TC.