Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Increased difficulty in Wizard City

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
What I mean by this is that during Wizard city before Colossus Boulevard you fight only one enemy at a time when outside. Like when you engage battle with a fire elf in Firecat Alley you fight only one fire elf. I believe it would be better if throughout Wizard City you fight two enemies at a time. How does that sound?

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
the game gets a little to hard for the younger players too fast as it is. if you want a game thats harder maybe they can have a wizard 102.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
mittensk on Jul 20, 2015 wrote:
the game gets a little to hard for the younger players too fast as it is. if you want a game thats harder maybe they can have a wizard 102.
What's wrong with that. I mean, one enemy per battle on the streets only lasts for a little bit. So why not just change it to two enemies starting from the very beginning.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Because newer players might think a lot is being forced on them. It's better to ease players into something "difficult" than to suddenly push it on them.

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Some areas in Wizard101 that have increased difficulty are not mandatory. For example, Kensington park is hard for the average wizard in Marleybone. Colossus Boulevard is like an introduction to two enemy battles. In my opinion, I think wizard city has actually gotten easier. I remember a long time ago before I stopped playing wizard101, the lost souls in unicorn way had 65 hp and the dark fairies had 135hp. They've reduced lost souls to 55hp and fairies to 115 hp. Do any of you experienced players also remember?

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Darthvarian on Jul 22, 2015 wrote:
Some areas in Wizard101 that have increased difficulty are not mandatory. For example, Kensington park is hard for the average wizard in Marleybone. Colossus Boulevard is like an introduction to two enemy battles. In my opinion, I think wizard city has actually gotten easier. I remember a long time ago before I stopped playing wizard101, the lost souls in unicorn way had 65 hp and the dark fairies had 135hp. They've reduced lost souls to 55hp and fairies to 115 hp. Do any of you experienced players also remember?
I quit playing a year ago and came back a month ago. Yes, I remember the 135 health dark fairies. It seems to me that pretty much the entire first arc has been reworked to be significantly easier. Easier enemies, more teleport portals you don't have to walk to to use the first time, the street creatures in Marleybone seem to walk closer to the center of the rooftops so they're easier to avoid, Cave of Solitude creatures no longer cross the bridges between islands,and probably other things. The second arc worlds may be easier too, I couldn't say, I've been fooling around with younger wizards.