Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-17-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Whew, what a week, Wizards! It's been busy, but great, because we were able to bring our Ultra Summer update to live servers!

To that end, let's discuss just that, the new update. What Ultra Summer update item did you check out first? If nothing yet, what are you most excited about? Ultra dungeons? Pets? Seeds? Something else? We want to know!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Pet jewels first; best thing EVER!
Then ultra seeds and the new bosses. Fun!
There's still lots to get to, but this seems like another great update.

Community Leader
The first thing I did was run Rattlebones Exalted. It's much easier with ice dispels!

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Fishing in Celestia and that GREAT Solar Sabercat

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
The first thing I did was buy a couple of the new seed vaults to free up some much needed storage space. Seeds and castle blocks seem to be most of my clutter, so that helped a lot, and they mushroom is a cute housing item. I wish it was a plant like, but still a wonderful addition.

Next up - farm for pet jewels and the new boss rematches. Had a blast doing those on test.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2014
I really like the pet collars + socket and the Ultra Seeds, though I haven't gotten any yet, and I have harvested from Elder many plants. BTW, what is the percentage chance of getting an Ultra Seed?

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
First off, congratulations on your promotion. :)

Overall I was disappointed with this update. There were a few good things. I do like the fact that there is now a Seed Vault. But the fact that it can't be bought with gold upsets me. Gardening as it is already drains enough of our resources. We shouldn't have to go through extra trouble to craft a very needed item. We're wasting both our gold and reagents which could go to something else.

The Ultra Gauntlets, while okay are a bit too challenging. And the majority of us were upset when we discovered that the gauntlets didn't have any special boss themed gear. Boss-themed gear has been highly requested ever since we saw it done in Pirate101. Also, the jewels dropped in the Zeus Gauntlet ask for a lot of pips and only deal a small amount of damage in return.

As well, the new Metals are WAY to rare. If they're essential for the majority of these new recipes they should at least be more common.

The PvP Music Player shouldn't be tickets only. Not everyone is good or likes to do PvP outside of the comfort of their home.

The fact that Celestia Fishing only had 10 new Fish was also another let down. I really hope that there's plans to add to it in the future.

Lastly, Pets. If we socket them we should still be allowed to trade them over. To force us to shatter the hard earned jewel just to trade over a pet is absolutely annoying. We already have the penalty of loosing all of our energy. Why should we have two?

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
The Seed Vault I LOVE it Even with the restrictions I was able to juggle and get it all sorted today. I just bought 4 and have them with my main characters of the moment. I know it sounds crazy - but having them has enabled me to find that I have enough KP, Boom Shrooms & Pink Dandelions, plus my Fickle Pickles to do more than the one dedicated reagent garden. Plus my mega snack gardens. Getting all the seeds sorted to characters and knowing what kind of garden beds to lay out & likes to find - feels like such a relief. I always knew I wanted to do it and would try every summer - but it was all so confusing with like 24 places to stash, shuffle, and hunt - I just gave up every year. Not this time! Thank you very very much

I hope they are a first installment of other such storage items. I'd also buy:
  • Housing Item Vault [ SEVERAL]
  • Gardening Vault ("likes", pots, etc.) [probably only 1 ]
  • Yard Decorating Vault [ SEVERAL]
  • Clothing & Gear Vault [ SEVERAL]
My dream is to:
  • have an empty attic for when I Pick Up All Items - because I'm changing houses or when I'm doing a massive pet hunt.
  • have an empty bank - except for the gear for my next level up ... ONE level up - so if I ever have a garden elder out and a pack full it doesn't matter.
  • have a lightly packed backpack that I sell from at the end of play and transfer all the stuff that's not for that character to the right character OR those storage vaults - and then the stuff that goes for the next level in my bank. Every day
All because all the stuff I care about is either placed in a house that's decorated and finished properly, in active use on a character, planted in a garden, or organized and saved for the future when I want or need something I KNOW I have and don't really need to buy again.

And that the vault system had a master inventory so we'd know which vault an item or category of items was in - like all Fine Wood Tables or all Life Gear or all level 51-70 gear. & that the vaults could be named.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I also got some Ultra Helephants & Trumptes. They are nice for 25 point Mega Snacks every harvest instead of elder only and at elder they dropped me 50% another mega and 50% dropped DHE. Plus treasure cards I'd never seen before.

I tried a couple of dungeons too but was disappointed by the drops. My team mates got really great stuff and I got like easy reagents and free snacks. The weird thing is that we were all 4 of us within 5 levels of each other and all of us hit, healed, boosted at random. Ive had that kind of thing happen in other places to though, as far back as Water Works after our like 50th time farming for our level 60 school gear. I wish this one part of Wizard101 was the same as Pirate101 - same loot for everyone on the team.

Tried for pet hybrids but never got one. Can't think of anything else.

All in all it was all about the Seed Vault for me

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
OH good heavens ! how could I forget - Pet Jewels.

I trained a lot of pets trying to find one to want to go to Ultra - I have several at Mega already and was trying to get Ultra jewels in the pavilion, from the packs or shop - but I completely missed HOW we get an Ultra Jewel.

I love the idea of adding a talent - either to make a great pet amazing or to fix an almost great pet. But as long as the jewels are destroyed if I remove them & can't go through the shared bank, I don't think I'll go to the trouble - unless the Ultra Jewels turn out to be very easy to replace. I hatch too much for an expensive, rare or difficult to acquire jewel to be lost.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
I'm really looking forward to know what ultra pet jewels exsists. I hope we càn make really powerful pets with it. I also love the school mounts. I wanted a fire school mount for years! I even suggested them in the form of wings at The Dorms section of the forums. I hope that one day you will improve the looks of the fire and life mounts so they will look as good as the other mounts.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
Honestly i dont really like the update i mean its alright but what do we get more stuff to pay for and nothing free and to get ultra Jewels you need to farm for which is very tedious and also a new pet lvl great another 2 weeks on pet training and the new dungeons they're fun (tried them in test) but the new gear ugh i already had full darkmoor gear and now you put more gear in its killing me and also the new mounts they look so cool but of course the main reagent is from the dungeons which you have to buy so what do we get in this update stuff you have to pay for and thats it so yea not my favorite update
-Jordan Nightblood lvl 100
-Jordan Storm blood lvl 52
-Jordan Emeraldblood lvl 31

Survivor
Sep 30, 2009
I really wanna try out the new one shot duels, i wanna see what new gear I could get for my level 80 ...Can I possibly get some level 30+ drops out of them? for ?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I like the Ultra dungeons. It's especially nice that you can farm them. So far I've gotten Exalted Rattlebones, Krokopatra & Meowiarty so far as drops from each respective Boss. They're fun single boss fight dungeons with nice drops.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2014
Finally a topic for the Ultra Summer Updates XD

I decided to check out all the pet updates first. Making a pet go to Ultra and socketing a jewel into your pet sounded really interesting to me :) I love the fact that we're able to train our pets to higher levels now and that we can socket a jewel into our pet... but one thing bothers me.

W101 should add more decent jewel effects.

All the pet derby jewels are awesome and fine as they are, but the talent jewels? Nope. The only pet jewel I got that is worth something is the jewel that gives a storm blade (although I'm a balance character :P). I really hope that there are some universal damage, universal spell-proof, defense-pierce, may-cast, and more card-giving jewels out there. It would make farming for pet jewels worth the time!

The other update I love? The school-based mounts! They're so cool, although the ranking of crafting required to get the recipe should be novice-crafter... after all, it is a mount. Its like all other mounts :P

A couple suggestions from me would be ~
- W101 should add new pet training games. Its been a long time since they have.
- Add more chat phrases for non-chat members relating to dungeons. I realize that many people without chat want to enter dungeons by themselves (I'm talking about like lvl 100) for more exp, and people can't get into their heads that the person going alone wants to go alone for more exp, so a bunch of lvl 5s' join. The person that wants to go alone can't tell them that they want to go alone, so it makes the problem a lot more difficult. Its not fair.

Otherwise, keep up the good work! I love all of the updates you do!! :D

- Kelly
(yay... currently level 60 :DD )

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Well I'd like to see the price of Ultra dungeons lowered or Motes Of Transport being available another way.
I really want one of the new mounts, but not looking forward to the crowns (and money!) that I will have to dump into it in order to get the mount for each one of my characters.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
My first stop after the update was Avalon to get the plant all spell. I love this addition. Makes what I call corporate gardening so much easier.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I'm somewhat disappointed in this update, the jewels for pets just adds more grinding to the game in order to stay competitive in pvp. Many pet talents are overpowering and unbalanced making pets necessary to stand a chance in the arena.

Wizard101
Jack SkyGem Level 100 Fire

Pirate101
Tireless Jack Jones Level 65 Swashbuckler

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
Like some other players have said I too find this update disappointing. I wanted another world to challenge me not more stuff to spend money on. My wizards already have more stuff then their packs will hold. My ice wizard can't get impressive stats no matter what I spend money on. My life wizard is liked because its a life wizard. This makes pvp no fun because when fighting fire and storm they have very high stats. They can take out 5000 or more health in one hit but my ice wizard can't get the stats that allow for 5000 or more health in one hit without lots of blades and traps.

If I have fought a boss a few times and not gotten any of the must have things I loss interest in fighting that boss again. Buying the things that can only be done once feels like a waste. The skeleton key places are a frustration because if you can't win the first try then your stuck fighting other bosses until they drop a key and I have tried many times to get a stone key and the bosses have not dropped one in weeks. Wish I could just buy the keys for gold. It seems to me that this game is becoming more and more of a gambling game rather then a fun story game. Its having stories is what attracted me to the game in the first place.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
I enjoyed the Rattlebones rematch dungeon! It was great to revisit past foes & face them that are more challenging than they were.

My minor pity is that there isn't any new Skeleton Key secret bosses in this update, but, I still would like to see more added.

The addition of Ultra to our pets is by far the best update to pets yet! I like it! Along with having jewel sockets to pets, too!

The other updates, like the Seed Vault, are also great, too. I like them! Keep up with more like them!

There's one more thought, though... please give In'Zhizor in Krokotopia's Lower Zigazag boss speech dialogue for before & after finding & facing him. I would like to hear him taunt us & cower, because, I think he's the one secret boss that requires the Stone Skeleton Key that hasn't received his speech dialogue from before & after combat, like the rest of the Skeleton Key secret bosses do. Please do so & think of it, Professor Falmea!

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
I had received a Krokopatra Master Duel. I decided to hang onto it until I had the opportunity to film it. After all, it was a one-shot gauntlet.

As I went to explore Aquila right after the Summer updates came out, I noticed there was a recipe vendor. He had recipes for the new craft-able mounts. My main is , but all of the other ones look SO COOL. Is it okay for me to get recipes for schools other than my primary school?

Catherine Rainbowsong lvl 38 (upcoming 39) life

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I'm going to be a stick in the mud and mention I haven't checked out any ultra content. Honestly I wish KI would quit introducing new side content and open up more mainline questing worlds. Khrysalis was complete over a year ago, since then we've had fishing, jewels, assorted new dungeons, now ultra stuff--could we please just get on with the main game?

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
DanTheTerrible on Jul 23, 2015 wrote:
I'm going to be a stick in the mud and mention I haven't checked out any ultra content. Honestly I wish KI would quit introducing new side content and open up more mainline questing worlds. Khrysalis was complete over a year ago, since then we've had fishing, jewels, assorted new dungeons, now ultra stuff--could we please just get on with the main game?
They've only been Live like 8 years and have over a dozen worlds and major areas in Live Realm. Who knows what they have also in the works not ready for Test yet? That's an average of about 1.5 a year. ( I didn't count Darkmoore cause I haven't been there and don't know if it's on a scale of CL, Wizard City, Wintertusk/Wysteria - or Crab Alley & Aquilla.) But still a minimum of 1.5 worlds a year is pretty great I think considering that a most of them are extensive complete worlds. And there are great rewards and a little diversion to be had in the smaller ones.

I also like the side content.

Just sayin'.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
Thanks for the Extra 50! It allows people to be a little more creative in their dorms/castles

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Helenie Nightseer on Jul 18, 2015 wrote:
The Seed Vault I LOVE it Even with the restrictions I was able to juggle and get it all sorted today. I just bought 4 and have them with my main characters of the moment. I know it sounds crazy - but having them has enabled me to find that I have enough KP, Boom Shrooms & Pink Dandelions, plus my Fickle Pickles to do more than the one dedicated reagent garden. Plus my mega snack gardens. Getting all the seeds sorted to characters and knowing what kind of garden beds to lay out & likes to find - feels like such a relief. I always knew I wanted to do it and would try every summer - but it was all so confusing with like 24 places to stash, shuffle, and hunt - I just gave up every year. Not this time! Thank you very very much

I hope they are a first installment of other such storage items. I'd also buy:
  • Housing Item Vault [ SEVERAL]
  • Gardening Vault ("likes", pots, etc.) [probably only 1 ]
  • Yard Decorating Vault [ SEVERAL]
  • Clothing & Gear Vault [ SEVERAL]
My dream is to:
  • have an empty attic for when I Pick Up All Items - because I'm changing houses or when I'm doing a massive pet hunt.
  • have an empty bank - except for the gear for my next level up ... ONE level up - so if I ever have a garden elder out and a pack full it doesn't matter.
  • have a lightly packed backpack that I sell from at the end of play and transfer all the stuff that's not for that character to the right character OR those storage vaults - and then the stuff that goes for the next level in my bank. Every day
All because all the stuff I care about is either placed in a house that's decorated and finished properly, in active use on a character, planted in a garden, or organized and saved for the future when I want or need something I KNOW I have and don't really need to buy again.

And that the vault system had a master inventory so we'd know which vault an item or category of items was in - like all Fine Wood Tables or all Life Gear or all level 51-70 gear. & that the vaults could be named.
I heard another great idea that goes along with this one - a trunk to hold all the garden's likes. You set it beside the garden and have one unobtrusive item to set there - filled with the likes and registering as all the likes - but not taking up the space or being so ugly or distracting as having them all around your garden.

Maybe the Gardening Likes Vault could be the image of something that belongs in a garden - like a scarecrow or a yard gnome. Or it could be a simple trunk. Or an ornamental Bunny Jar - anything cute and unobtrusive. Not as large as the Seed Vault, please.