Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life NEEDS a new healing spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2013
I think life needs a new healing spell b/c they haven't had one since dragonspyre and now everyone has close to 5k health and rebirth aint gonna cut it. After all they are a healing class not a damage class, and it should stay that way. If they add a new healing spell it should be an all friends heal hot like;

1000 + 250 over three rounds to all friends

or

1125 to all friends

or

900 to all friends and remove 1 damage over time

or

950 + Absorb 800 damage to all friends

Just something, anything really. Life needs a new healing spell!!!

Defender
May 06, 2011
GraceWinterBlossom on Jul 17, 2015 wrote:
I think life needs a new healing spell b/c they haven't had one since dragonspyre and now everyone has close to 5k health and rebirth aint gonna cut it. After all they are a healing class not a damage class, and it should stay that way. If they add a new healing spell it should be an all friends heal hot like;

1000 + 250 over three rounds to all friends

or

1125 to all friends

or

900 to all friends and remove 1 damage over time

or

950 + Absorb 800 damage to all friends

Just something, anything really. Life needs a new healing spell!!!
Life doesn't really need a new healing spell. As life, you will have to find a way to increase your heals, maybe by gear (it may have incoming heal boosts or outgoing heal boosts), blinding lights and guiding lights, maybe some more critical to sharpen the chance of having a critical heal, etc. But anyway, I don't think that any of those would be necessary.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I disagree about damage - high level life wiz can hit quite hard - but I like the idea of life getting a new team heal-over-time or team heal + mass triage. Making the spells from the Dryad pet able to be trained or crafted by life wizards would be nice. Sprite Swarm would need a heal increase (more like Regenerate) and a faster animation. Hamadryad is great just as it is.

Community Leader
Life School represents nature. Not just the healing, soothing, side of nature. Also, the predatory side of nature. The snake that bites, the lion that roars. Life school is far from only about healing. That said, with the right outgoing gear pieces and heal enhancing spells (Sanctuary, Cycle of Life) a 5k rebirth really isnt a problem for any healing wizard, life school or otherwise. As a life student myself, I would MuCh rather have a new AoE than another heal. I think we have that covered pretty well.
Amber

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I would love to have more healing buff spells like Primordial. Perhaps a +150 or +200. The ONLY sun enchantment, IN THE GAME, for healing, is Primordial, yet damage boosting has Strong, Giant, Monstrous, Gargantuan, and Colossal. ALL of those are as strong, or stronger then primordial's boost is. You'll notice in the above values I suggested, they're still less than Colossal is, but would make a baseline Satyr yield 1060 health before other boosts.

Also, to illustrate a very important point here, I'll point to this thread:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/spell-improvements-8ad6a4194304fe6b01434484711520fa?reset=1

In that thread I illustrate schools effect spells are NOT taken advantage of properly, and how they could be much more useful. In that, I talk about life as well, in regards to healing

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
All schools have talents they excel in. One of life's overlooked talents is defense. They should have some extraordinary spells that focus on this, rather than just outgoing heals. I will give an example of a couple strong defensive spells:

Impenetrable (cost 10)- When impenetrable is cast the wizard/team is protected by a divine shield that will negate all damage for 2 full turns.

Truce (cost 2)- When fog is cast on wizard/target, all damage for that target for the rest of the combat round is negated.

*** These examples are for illustrative purposes only, to further a point about Life spells untapped potential***

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Prince of Shadows on Jul 17, 2015 wrote:
I disagree about damage - high level life wiz can hit quite hard - but I like the idea of life getting a new team heal-over-time or team heal + mass triage. Making the spells from the Dryad pet able to be trained or crafted by life wizards would be nice. Sprite Swarm would need a heal increase (more like Regenerate) and a faster animation. Hamadryad is great just as it is.
Sprite Swarm is a little too slow, but any Exalted Wizard can get enough outgoing that for three pips you're doing Regenerate over all. I don't , personally, think it needs to be buffed, but I completely agree that it should be craftable and the Dryad too.

IIRC, all of the spells on every other class' pet card are real spells - trained or craftable. Why single Life out?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
no, life does not need more healing.

my archmage life wizard hits hard. and, while i would never let my team die in order to prove a point, i still think that the school should be self-sustaining (meaning that they can quest alone, not just in groups).

i am very disappointed in the fact that life's shadow spell was only a single hit. we've needed a second aoe since forever, especially since every other school has at least 2.

-von

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Intrepidatius on Jul 17, 2015 wrote:
All schools have talents they excel in. One of life's overlooked talents is defense. They should have some extraordinary spells that focus on this, rather than just outgoing heals. I will give an example of a couple strong defensive spells:

Impenetrable (cost 10)- When impenetrable is cast the wizard/team is protected by a divine shield that will negate all damage for 2 full turns.

Truce (cost 2)- When fog is cast on wizard/target, all damage for that target for the rest of the combat round is negated.

*** These examples are for illustrative purposes only, to further a point about Life spells untapped potential***
Shielding is more Ice than life, and those spells would be very OP.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Gemma Luna on Jul 19, 2015 wrote:
Shielding is more Ice than life, and those spells would be very OP.
Pay attention. I clearly stated those spell examples were for illustrative purposes only.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Dr Von on Jul 18, 2015 wrote:
no, life does not need more healing.

my archmage life wizard hits hard. and, while i would never let my team die in order to prove a point, i still think that the school should be self-sustaining (meaning that they can quest alone, not just in groups).

i am very disappointed in the fact that life's shadow spell was only a single hit. we've needed a second aoe since forever, especially since every other school has at least 2.

-von
including ice, which is considered a damage absorption school, not an offensive power school. ice, who also gets their first AoE at 26, their second at 48, both of which are BEFORE life gets its first, and then Ice gets its third at the same time life gets its first. if we're going to go with the stereotype of school, then ice should have 3. MANY were disappointed that life's was a single hit, not just you

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
dayerider on Jul 20, 2015 wrote:
including ice, which is considered a damage absorption school, not an offensive power school. ice, who also gets their first AoE at 26, their second at 48, both of which are BEFORE life gets its first, and then Ice gets its third at the same time life gets its first. if we're going to go with the stereotype of school, then ice should have 3. MANY were disappointed that life's was a single hit, not just you
(fixed wording) ice shouldnt have 3

Survivor
Dec 01, 2014
How about a panda healing spell where it's in Mooshu and pandas are eating bamboo, they then look to the direction of the targeted ally and the bamboo branches start to glow and blossom giving the targeted ally 1260 and absorb 600 for 8 pips. Tell me what you think Tyler Mist level 24

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
So because life is a healing school it would be cool if it had spells opposite in nature of Death. It will heal the entire party for a certain amount of health then hit the target for half the damage healed.

I was thinking something like 250 health to everyone, adds a large absorbtion shield maybe about 800-1000 to make up for the weak heal and deals 1/2 the damage to a single target costs 5 pips. Could be called Call of Nature. I know its a weak heal but it would need to be otherwise the damage would be stronger then storms.

And/Or could have a single target heal that heals for 1500 and deals half the life as damage to the enemy group this would be a 7-8 pip spell.

Then there could be more stuff add to help aid healing that is as strong as clossal. Simple enchants that adds up to 250 healing to a target spell.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
I think Life does in fact need a 4 pip AoE attacking spell. But, the op does have a point. I do think an additional heal to all teammates will be needed at some point.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Ravynlea on Jul 17, 2015 wrote:
Life School represents nature. Not just the healing, soothing, side of nature. Also, the predatory side of nature. The snake that bites, the lion that roars. Life school is far from only about healing. That said, with the right outgoing gear pieces and heal enhancing spells (Sanctuary, Cycle of Life) a 5k rebirth really isnt a problem for any healing wizard, life school or otherwise. As a life student myself, I would MuCh rather have a new AoE than another heal. I think we have that covered pretty well.
Amber
I completely agree. Also, you couldn't have described the school of Life better.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Team yoloswag on Jul 22, 2015 wrote:
I think Life does in fact need a 4 pip AoE attacking spell. But, the op does have a point. I do think an additional heal to all teammates will be needed at some point.
this is why I think more sun boosts would do better than a healing spell. It would revitalize older spells and yield much greater flexibility. Imagine a sun boost that gave 200 additional health to Rebirth. BEFORE boosts that's almost 1,000 healing. After gear boosts that could easily hit 3,000 per person, not counting critical OR sanctuary or anything else. We have FIVE damage boosts but only ONE healing boost? something is wrong there

Survivor
Dec 25, 2012
I don't think life needs healing spell we already have a ton.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2011
As you said more wizards are getting higher health.

So I think it would be better if its an attack all spells that can also heal\

500 attack
5 pips (If needed add 1 more pip)
heals 200