Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell damage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
Does anyone else think that the ice school damage is a little on the low side? Sometimes even life spells are greater in damage than life. I go around the worlds and i notice that not only storm has the greatest damage in clothes but ice has hardly any! For example, storm may have 23% damage, fire 20%, life 15%, but ice maybe 8%. And in spells everyone else has some version of tranquility but my school makes the enemy angrier. Is anyone else a little miffed by that? I'd gladly trade some of my health for a bit of damage, just so i won't have to rely on pet damage and a lot of different blades during battle.

Brittany I. Lvl 95

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
Ice is the Tank type class thats why they have a taunt, high health, and low damage. Life is suppose to be the healing counter part which is also low damage, healing, and moderate to high health. Storm is the pure damage role which is why it has High damage, with some utility, and low health.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
I have actually had a problem with the myth school. I have found that the damage is a little low. It also takes a long time to set up and get reasonable damage in. I am trying to do my lvl 58 spell quest and it is impossible to beat the boss. I saw a lvl 75 minion spell quest for myth and the bosses have lower health than the lvl 58 boss. Plz fix this

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Thomasgriffinleaf on Jul 17, 2015 wrote:
I have actually had a problem with the myth school. I have found that the damage is a little low. It also takes a long time to set up and get reasonable damage in. I am trying to do my lvl 58 spell quest and it is impossible to beat the boss. I saw a lvl 75 minion spell quest for myth and the bosses have lower health than the lvl 58 boss. Plz fix this
Dont complain about the boss to get Medusa being too hard, please. All of the bosses for the level 58 spells are tough. They all cheat with the same cheats and they all take some skill and planning to beat.
The best thing I can tell you is to buy a henchmen, or level up 2 more times to get WW gear.

And btw: myth does not have low damage. My level 100 myth has 99% (going to be 114% when my pet is finished) along with 406 critical, 306 block, and 41% resist (46 or 47 when my pet is done).
You just need to be patient and get through what I like the call he "90 levels of difficulty" because thats what Myth goes through. A full 90 levels of 2 AoE's, low damage, low resist, low health, and weak attacks. I promise, it gets better.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Jul 18, 2015 wrote:
Dont complain about the boss to get Medusa being too hard, please. All of the bosses for the level 58 spells are tough. They all cheat with the same cheats and they all take some skill and planning to beat.
The best thing I can tell you is to buy a henchmen, or level up 2 more times to get WW gear.

And btw: myth does not have low damage. My level 100 myth has 99% (going to be 114% when my pet is finished) along with 406 critical, 306 block, and 41% resist (46 or 47 when my pet is done).
You just need to be patient and get through what I like the call he "90 levels of difficulty" because thats what Myth goes through. A full 90 levels of 2 AoE's, low damage, low resist, low health, and weak attacks. I promise, it gets better.
Having lots of damage at level 100 proves absolutely nothing. At least you've corrected (or contradicted) yourself.