Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Soot Stained Boots

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
I was on my fire today and noticed that the Soot Stained Boots are +2 flat fire damage now. As far as I can find, these boots are the only gear item with flat damage. Are they supposed to have flat damage now? If so, why? Has anyone else noticed any gear pieces with flat damage or resist?

~Emma DreamWeaver 100

Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
magykal412 on Jul 10, 2015 wrote:
I was on my fire today and noticed that the Soot Stained Boots are +2 flat fire damage now. As far as I can find, these boots are the only gear item with flat damage. Are they supposed to have flat damage now? If so, why? Has anyone else noticed any gear pieces with flat damage or resist?

~Emma DreamWeaver 100
Yes that is supposed to be flat damage. Also there are tons of gear pieces that have flat damage and not percentage damage boosts and resists.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
magykal412 on Jul 10, 2015 wrote:

~Emma DreamWeaver 100
Forgot to say why but I think it is because say you have a storm or any school really with high bonuses (for that level which would be low) it makes the game a little to easy

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
There are lots of low level items that have flat damage modifiers, and always have been. Its easy to miss them because the bonuses on low level gear are so low they make hardly any difference. Go to the bazaar when you get to level 15 and you'll find several kinds of better boots available to replace them.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Hmm, that's interesting. I've been playing for years and never noticed it, but that might be because they didn't have a spot on the character sheet for flat damage prior to the spring update. This particular wizard is level 60 now and noticed the flat damage when I was cleaning out her bank. (I have a tendency to hoard items that my characters used to wear even though I know I'll never use them again.) I still haven't noticed any other gear items with flat damage, but now that I know that it wasn't a bug and there are other items with flat, I might look again. Thanks for the replies! It might be summer, but you still learn something new all the time.

~Emma Dreamweaver 100
Jenna 60