Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Purchasing Talents Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2012
Just an idea: What if players could purchase talents for their pets? Each talent having a price tag of 1,000C.
So buying a pet to give you the 5 talents you want would cost you 5,000C.

I know that many people will oppose to this idea, but think: Would you rather keep trying and hope your pet doesn't fail at Mega, or would you just buy that 5th talent for 1,000C; or buy all the talents you have been struggling to get?
To me, the answer is obvious: I'd buy the talents if given the chance.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
LokiGodOfMischief on Jul 9, 2015 wrote:
Just an idea: What if players could purchase talents for their pets? Each talent having a price tag of 1,000C.
So buying a pet to give you the 5 talents you want would cost you 5,000C.

I know that many people will oppose to this idea, but think: Would you rather keep trying and hope your pet doesn't fail at Mega, or would you just buy that 5th talent for 1,000C; or buy all the talents you have been struggling to get?
To me, the answer is obvious: I'd buy the talents if given the chance.
You can lump me in with the folks that oppose this idea. I don't think you should just be able to "buy" perfection. Something like this would neuter the pet talent pool concept and virtually render the entire hatching process obsolete.

Think about this from KI's perspective...
5000 Crowns to buy the perfect pet. Then, at least for that wizard, you are done forever with pet training, snack purchases, energy elixir purchases, new pet purchases and all of the other possible expenditures that might be more Crowns in KI's pocket. Not a very business savvy move on KI's part if they were to do something like this. Also, think about all of the bitter people that have already spend time, effort, and probably Crowns as well to develop their pets? And you would be casting aside one of the most interesting and challenging aspects of the game - training and hatching pets.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
The problem I see with that is pet hatching is somewhat of an art/skill here. If we could buy any talent wanted, it would destroy the whole process, and anger a sizeable portion of the members. I don't see anything wrong with a 2nd chance option on a talent, or showing the talents, as two other current posts have suggested, but buying them all? I think that would destroy pet hatching imho.

Explorer
Jun 27, 2015
Survivor
May 27, 2013
the new jewel system is kind of like this except you don't get to choose your talents you can just add one.