Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching Confuses Me?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 20, 2011
I'm kind of new to hatching. I tended to just use a Starfish with decent stats, and then I hatched with a Sea Dragon to get a few better stats. Then, as I was figuring things out, I began to hatch that Starfish with a Bone Dragon to make a more Death-specific pet.

As I was hatching, I realized that some of my products were getting "Snowborn". That is a talent from Starfish. However, I didn't have it available in my Mega Starfish that I used. All of its talents were something else, so I was wondering:

Does the talent have to be showing, or are ALL of the talents up for grabs? Could I have a possibility of getting something completely irrelevant to my pets, but are still a possible talent for them, even if they are Mega?

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
All the talents in the pool of either parent can come up in babies, even 'hidden' talents. The ones you see are a bit more likely, but not guaranteed. That makes pet hatching sometimes frustrating, but also interesting.