Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I can't play wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Hi,
I was playing wizard101 earlier and I noticed it said kialerts wizard101 is temporary unavailable for a long time (months) so I looked it up and it said to uninstall wizard 101 and download it again, when I tried to download from google chrome i followed instructions up to the part where the little box on the bottom left corner and you click it, because when I click it nothing happens, I've tried a lot of times, need help ASAP

Thanks

Administrator
Hello,

To download Wizard101, log in to Wizard101.com the website. Click the Play button above your name, you'll be taken to a page where you can re-download the game. Alternately, you can re-download the game from this link: https://www.wizard101.com/downloadGame/OtherDownload

Click the icon of the downloaded file and choose "run" in the window that pops up.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
When I click it the run pop up window doesn't show up

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Jun 19, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

To download Wizard101, log in to Wizard101.com the website. Click the Play button above your name, you'll be taken to a page where you can re-download the game. Alternately, you can re-download the game from this link: https://www.wizard101.com/downloadGame/OtherDownload

Click the icon of the downloaded file and choose "run" in the window that pops up.
Still need help it's been more than a day of my subscription gone to waste

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Ok after doing a lot of research i could still not fix it on my own and I found someone with the same problem

"So i have been trying to play wizard 101 on another computer but it wont download. I have downloaded it before but now i cant open it it just says unable to launch please run the installer again. When i do it starts to install but then it says the same thing! When i try to uninstall the the wizard 101 already downloaded it says some kind of error. It makes me want to throw my computer through the window XD. Can anyone help me please? I give you a cookie!!! ( jk i dont have a cookie )"

And your response is to download from link then click it on desktop and that doesn't work either

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Wolfinator510 on Jun 19, 2015 wrote:
When I click it the run pop up window doesn't show up
do you have a pop-up blocker installed on your computer? if so, you will need to disable it/allow pop-ups for this site.

-von

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Dr Von on Jun 20, 2015 wrote:
do you have a pop-up blocker installed on your computer? if so, you will need to disable it/allow pop-ups for this site.

-von
Wow I've never though of that, I'll see

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
I don't think so because if it was I would get a notification and its chrome and Firefox that both dont work, on IE i cant because it says unavailable to display the wizard101 website and to try again later, restart modem ect.

Administrator
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Wolfinator510 on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
I don't think so because if it was I would get a notification and its chrome and Firefox that both dont work, on IE i cant because it says unavailable to display the wizard101 website and to try again later, restart modem ect.
it's not a modem issue; chances are it's a problem with your pc itself. here are a few things i'd include in your email to support:

-does your computer meet all the system requirements?
-did you disable your pop-up blocker?
did you try installing the game using different browsers (firefox/chrome/etc.)?
-did you try clearing your cache and temp files?
-are you having similar issues with any other programs?

i work for an internet service provider (i support cable, internet, and phone service), and these are the questions i ask my customers to determine if their connection, equipment, or pc is the problem; the answers to the above will also help support to better assist you with your issue.

good luck!

-von