Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Spots/Creatures To Farm For Gold

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Atm I'm on a big pet snack and hatching spree. I'm always out of gold and now that I'm at Morganthe's Shadow Palace, it's hard to earn gold. Khrysalis has good drops but most of them aren't sellable. Where is the best world/ area to farm for gold? And what creature should I battle? I prefer not to farm bosses, they take a while. I tried farming some Crazed Thunder Horn's in Azteca but they only drop reagents.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2012
mirror lake is the spot to farm for gold gear and snacks yes most of the gear is not auctionable however you can feed your pet the gear and earn gold that way quick sell earns gold and ya get snacks and mega snacks like pixie sticks 30 pts for trainiung 10 runs your back pack should be about full if not busting get a fair amount of gold and you will have 20 mega snacks and if ya have a good team willing to farm for snacks I guarantee 1 run in under 15 mins best spot I have found ww is another spot too but I find that takes a little longer good luck

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Thank-you! I will farm Mirror Lake now. Also, which is better to farm, Mirror Lake or Waterworks? I know that Waterworks drops mega pet snacks too, and it's easier .

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
Wintertusk, Vestrilund, HalfFangBristleCrown, One hour of farming is a good 100k if your exalted.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
If you prefer not to fight bosses, I'm not sure why you would be eager to enter a multi-room instance.

A single room fight in Wintertusk's Vestrilund takes less than 6 Rounds, with a small, well equipped spell deck. A major factor is the low health of the Boss, and minion. The Boss, Halfang Bristlecrown, drops auctionable gear, reagents, and TCs well worth the short time it takes to defeat him and his minion.

General gold value of the gear items dropped range from 2 to 8 thousand.

In my opinion, this would use your time better for farming gold, unless you are after Mega Snacks.

Best of luck to you,

Lincoln Realm
Gabriel 100
Michael 86

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Halfang Bristlecrown in Vestrilund, Wintertusk is a favorite gold farming spot for me as well.

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Archmage Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Transcendent Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Grandmaster Theurgist
Abigail Frogslinger, Magus Conjurer

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Thank-you, if I ever need quick gold, I'll give farming in Vestrilund a try.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Most of the Wintertusk bosses have similar value drops. Halfang has the lowest health, but may not be the easiest to farm. It depends on your school. Farm whichever boss you can do the fastest. I prefer Asrik and Erling on some wizards.

I got a lot of gold just from questing in KR.