Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet/Fish Stitching

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I know the concept of pet stitching has been brought up before but I want to put a little different twist on it...

The fish that can be caught throughout the Spiral range in appearance from humorous to ominous to beautiful. At the risk of possibly enraging some of the pet purists in the community, I am suggesting the concept of Fish/Pet Stitching.
Many times I've imagined how cool it would be to walk the streets of the Spiral with my trusty Vampire Squid at my side, with stitched talents from a Death pet. Or my Treantfish, complete with Life talents. How about a Polar Bearacuda or Cold Cod for the Ice wizards or a Samurai Fish or Ninja Fish for the Balance wizards?
Pet stitching could only take place using a Mega pet so this idea wouldn't compromise the pet training function... training would still have to take place with the original pet. And once a pet is stitched, the original pet disappears and the new Fish Pet would obviously be at max level so no further training would be possible. Fish Pets would all manifest as "regular" sized fish... no whoppers or small fry, regardless of the size used for stitching. Also, to keep things less complicated, stitched Fish Pets would not be available for hatching so they would, in effect, be the last of their blood line.
This would obviously be an "asthetics only" feature but I think it's something that would allow us to showcase the amazing effort that KI put into designing the fish in the game.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
TucsonWizard on May 29, 2015 wrote:
I know the concept of pet stitching has been brought up before but I want to put a little different twist on it...

The fish that can be caught throughout the Spiral range in appearance from humorous to ominous to beautiful. At the risk of possibly enraging some of the pet purists in the community, I am suggesting the concept of Fish/Pet Stitching.
Many times I've imagined how cool it would be to walk the streets of the Spiral with my trusty Vampire Squid at my side, with stitched talents from a Death pet. Or my Treantfish, complete with Life talents. How about a Polar Bearacuda or Cold Cod for the Ice wizards or a Samurai Fish or Ninja Fish for the Balance wizards?
Pet stitching could only take place using a Mega pet so this idea wouldn't compromise the pet training function... training would still have to take place with the original pet. And once a pet is stitched, the original pet disappears and the new Fish Pet would obviously be at max level so no further training would be possible. Fish Pets would all manifest as "regular" sized fish... no whoppers or small fry, regardless of the size used for stitching. Also, to keep things less complicated, stitched Fish Pets would not be available for hatching so they would, in effect, be the last of their blood line.
This would obviously be an "asthetics only" feature but I think it's something that would allow us to showcase the amazing effort that KI put into designing the fish in the game.
You had me till no hatching, I really want to see potential hybrids come out of this idea.

Explorer
Aug 13, 2013
i like it o.o i approve and the system doesn't seem that complicated to copy since they already have the fish design schematics

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Rachel Dreamsong on May 30, 2015 wrote:
You had me till no hatching, I really want to see potential hybrids come out of this idea.
The reason I suggested no hatching was for simplicity. Hatching and hybrids would require an entirely new level of mechanic that's not already in-game. I agree it could be interesting but I think it would be a lot easier to implement with the suggested restrictions.