Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Puppets need to be stopped.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
I was doing a 2v2 with my another grandmaster around my rank and we faced a maxed out guy teamed with a low level. They went first. The low level stunned us and the max guy did infallible. He one shotted us the turn after with a glowbug squall. This match wasn't fair at ALL. KI should really fix this .

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Yes. I would appreciate some common-sense rules about match-ups. I'm a little frustrated having to keep asking for them. I know others are too.

I think a good idea is to guide the matching algorithm to make better matches based your character's stats and abilities. If you have an ability and your opponent does too, that's a good match-up, and it makes PvP better. However, if you possess a class of abilities that your opponent does not, then that's a bad match-up and it shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Here are some sample rules I have been thinking about.

• If a character's Level 50+ gear gives any boost to critical rating, then it should be impossible to get matched with anyone who is under Level 50.
  • (But if your Level 50+ gear doesn't add to your critical rating at all, you can still be matched with people under Level 50.)
  • If you know Shadow spells at all, then it should be impossible to get match-ups against people who don't have Shadow spells.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I don't ever see pvp changing. You would think after the numerous posts of legitimate complaints, problems would have been addressed by now. Sadly, they just don't seem to care.

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
Intrepidatius on May 27, 2015 wrote:
I don't ever see pvp changing. You would think after the numerous posts of legitimate complaints, problems would have been addressed by now. Sadly, they just don't seem to care.
If players who have got bad experiences with puppets don't complain, you think KI will fix this?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Alex watersinger on May 28, 2015 wrote:
If players who have got bad experiences with puppets don't complain, you think KI will fix this?
We've complained for years.

It feels like other things keep taking priority over this, but I'm hoping someone will take notice that we've all been walking around with a thorn in our paws and would really appreciate having it removed.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Alex watersinger on May 28, 2015 wrote:
There has been a flood of complaints about this, and other problems that plague pvp, and KI has not addressed it yet. I cannot speak for them, but based on their lack of action in the past, I am assuming that trend will continue. I would love for them to prove me wrong.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2011
I recently sent an email into KI support about puppets and they replied very briefly saying that they understand, but can't release any information as to if or when it will be fixed. I get how they are trying to keep things that are coming up in the game on a down low, but something that is effecting many people in a negative way; in my opinion should be given some sort of answer.

Survivor
May 03, 2015
I think the only way would be to disallow anybody level 100 to be paired with none the less than a level 90 and above. Not sure how the code would work for that but

if (player.level == <=89)
some function here to cancel match
}else{
continue match.

-Best Regards
Scott

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Alex watersinger on May 27, 2015 wrote:
I was doing a 2v2 with my another grandmaster around my rank and we faced a maxed out guy teamed with a low level. They went first. The low level stunned us and the max guy did infallible. He one shotted us the turn after with a glowbug squall. This match wasn't fair at ALL. KI should really fix this .
ok with puppet team but do agree unfair but can be useful to people not good at pvp!

I don't like either (why I use immunity for) not all about using immunity for puppet team and immunity useful others thing mostly cheat boss "high dot" like ghost dog or people do one shot kill (immunity are use full) use shadow magic then use shield

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Puppets are definitely unfair and ruin the fun for everyone. The worst thing is when they pretend that it is ok. Excuses like," I just want to have fun with my friend," isn't going to pass. That is what practice pvp or castle arenas are for! I think that KL should try to have a 30 or 40 level difference limit in ranked PvP and tournaments. Yes, that is still crossing the line a bit, but there needs to be a small variety to make it work. Thanks for reading!
- Gabrielle Silversword

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
Pr0Pancakes on May 29, 2015 wrote:
I think the only way would be to disallow anybody level 100 to be paired with none the less than a level 90 and above. Not sure how the code would work for that but

some function here to cancel match
}else{
continue match.

-Best Regards
Scott
This code completely makes no sense.
Some function here to cancel the match.
Ok now that would turn out to be nil (not legit)
Now player is mostly used as game engine so if you set player.level it would mean nothing completely.
Why because it's not the player who is the character but humanoid.
Also you set it equal to 89 or above but in a wrong way.
But we went way off the topic.
PvP must be fixed.
Unfortunately this game is mostly focused on PvE aspect not PvP so they mostly do that and leave PvP as it is. It won't be in the near future that this issue gets fixed.