Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-15-15

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Right now my main character has blue & black energy gear, a green & yellow dungeon/boss set and a black & purple questing set. They are all dyed and I change the colors at least every week or two I'm sure. I have several outfits for each character so I can change their clothes for a situation or just because I get bored of one look. Each set is usually a different style and color so I stitch & dye a lot. If I like original color at first I will usually dye a thing later, just for a change. One of my great frustrations is the items you can't dye at all. I have stitched items like that just so I can dye them. I have a few items that I love the look of so I haven't stitched them - but I wish they didn't always have to be blue.

Dye Shop Menu Change Request
I wish you'd change the dying menu to allow all players to have access to all the same colors. I know boys that want to wear pink and I wish I could use the dusty light blue the boys get.

Hairstyle Color Fix Request
Hope this isn't too far off topic - but the crown hairstyles are awesome and I have bought 2, hoping the display for color was just "off" in the Crown Shop - but it's not. Can I please request that you update the hair colors on the Crown Hair Styles to match the hair colors we have already - or just add new shades that are the same shades we already had. The only one that is the right color of red hair is the "Peppermint" a sort of beehive do ... but it's kind of grown up looking for my level 25 character (who looks like a kid to me.) The rest of the red hair & medium browns are dull and washed out and the blond hair is "brassy" instead of the blond you get when you start. The black and dark brown colors are good though. I love the styles - just the color tones need work, please.

Thanks again for Feedback Friday :D and I hope all the KI people have a great weekend!

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
I have a character for each school and their hat, robe and shoes are usually the same color of or relate to their class colors. I always change colors around the Holidays, such as The Fourth of July, I'll change the hats, robes and shoes on my life wizard from Green and Brown to Red and Blue and I always have a pet that relates to that Holiday! :D

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i don't change colours often, other than for holidays. i enjoy stitching, though.

currently, my balance wizard's darkmoor robe is stitched with the dragonrider's cape (i forget the actual name, but it was from some pack once). it's black and gold; can't be dyed, so i coloured her shoes to match it.

i agree with kelsey that more colour choices would be great. and maybe make all that hoard pack gear (and the hairstyles) dyeable, so that we can further customize it.

-von

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Professor Falmea on May 15, 2015 wrote:
It's Friday, once again, and that means it's time to talk about something new!

We know that clothes make the Wizard. Often, we're concerned about what our garments do for us (health, resist, crit, block, etc). Today, I'd like to talk fashion, and more specifically color. What color are your hat, robe, and shoes right now? Is it dyed or the original color? Do you change it often?

Have a wonderful weekend, folks!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Mines are fully black and I love the colour black and red.

-Colin Stormslinger Lvl 83

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
I'm Death and i usually like to go for black and blue i recently got full darkmoor armor so i made my mog and it looks so cool and with my storm i go for purple and white but he is lvl 41 so he's got full zeus gear so colors dont really show up but usually i stick with one color till i get a new mog

Survivor
Aug 12, 2013
I know that a common wish is that male wizards want the option to dye clothes pink.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
oh yeah, patterns are a pretty good idea, I would definitely use Crowns for that, like for the stitching part

I miss low level patterns where regular clothes can be dropped with school designs, I wish higher gear had these versions too, dyed patterns might be an answer to that...

althought that may add too much texture and may slow the game?
that's what I thought when, with Aquila gear and above, dyed clothes became anecdotal (like changing the color of a pretty small gem instead of large surfaces), I still don't really understand the reason of this (or restricted colors for some gear)

to answer the Feedback Friday question, I didn't dye or stitch gear very often at first but when I got more wizards that became quickly a habit, especially when I arrive at a new balance in my sets that will last few levels : a way to show that my wizards turned a new corner

and about the kind of colors, well, I play 12 wizards now so I use all colors to distinguish them, lol, to give each of them their own identity

I can't wait for the next step with mounts we'll be able to dye!

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

Survivor
Aug 11, 2012
Green. Not only am I a Theurgist, but, minus the hat, I'm wearing the Evergreen Attire.

-Laura Dreamgiver level 59 Theurgist

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
Well, my colors used to be dark purple and yellow (obviously I'm Storm ) but once I got my Waterworks gear, I changed my colors to dark purple and black. Dark purple and yellow didn't look good for Waterworks gear :D.

Leesha StarForge, level 74

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
great question, i tend to go for school design as well. even if i have to farm to get it. similar to another answer, it tends to be black and whatever school color. since i have your ear though, my request would be more shoe choices for the ladies. many of us have been stitching all our boots to the same marley bone boots for ever. there really arent that many cute shoes to choose from.
Amber

Survivor
Aug 23, 2010
Currently, I am a level 71 Death Wizard with waterworks gear. My colors are black and orange for multiple reasons.
1. Black is my favorite color and orange is my second favorite.
2. Black is the Death school's main primary color.
3. Both colors match my Lava Avenging Fossil pet.
4. Halloween colors
5. It is an awesome combo.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
We're a wizard family, and each have our own approach. Mine tend to wear school colours most of the time. My son goes for a certain character look on each, but changes them whenever he sees a new outfit he likes. My daughter has a story behind each wizard and dresses them to fit that narrative. Either way, we'll all at least dye once to match our base colours, and the kids more often than that.

Aside: I'd love to see some stylish new school logo items added.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
i like to do colors that are 50% my school and 50% my sub school or

Administrator
Great feedback, Wizards. I'm impressed with how fashion conscious you are! ::grin::

Sadly, it would be a VERY large amount of work to expand the dye palate across everything in the Spiral, so it's not something we're currently considering for existing items, but there's no telling what we may come up with in the future.

New topic shall be posted shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea