Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-15-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday, once again, and that means it's time to talk about something new!

We know that clothes make the Wizard. Often, we're concerned about what our garments do for us (health, resist, crit, block, etc). Today, I'd like to talk fashion, and more specifically color. What color are your hat, robe, and shoes right now? Is it dyed or the original color? Do you change it often?

Have a wonderful weekend, folks!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Feb 12, 2013
Always gold and red, because that's the closest I can get to my School colours, tan and maroon. #balanceforlife

Community Leader
I don't change colors often. But my current color is red mainly because I'm a fire wiz and it looks good on my character. I tend to dye the trim depending on the clothes. Sometimes the colors look good on one, not on other. For red colors, I like black, white, or gold trim for the red main color.

I do like to change colors when the holidays come. But I do want more color choices and especially more pattern choices. I'd love to put prints on my clothes. For colors, I'm crazy about blue/green. I wish there was more Turquoise ones. Or simply different shades of blue. Red needs more shades as well because like I said earlier, sometimes a certain shade looks good on some, not others. Sometimes it's too dark, too light.

Sometimes I wish there was more THIRD color choices. For instance, we might have main, trim, but why not third? Trim #2? That way we can be more creative in dying our clothes and be more unique. The more colors we can put on our clothes makes more unique color combinations.

But most of all, I would love patterns to be "dyed" or "stitched" to my gear. Astral, school, different patterns. It can be limitless.

Have fun in the Spiral!

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
Myth needs something, anything that is cool. Myth has the crappiest outfits out there.

I love my myth wizard, she rocks and kicks butt...

but how about something cooler as an outfit??

Survivor
Sep 12, 2014
I am a fire wizard, on level 62 right now. So, my gear is in red it is not the waterworks gear(actually it is)but I stitched it with the commander gear since, I was warlord, my gear is really cool and it awesomely suits my character!!

Survivor
Feb 22, 2012
I usually keep with a certain color scheme, black and whatever that is close to the school colors. Ex: storm is purple and black, balance is orange and black, death is black and red, etc. I would love to see things in a house like closets or like in Wysteria where they have it displayed very well, it would make it easier to hold things. Display of clothes house and a pet house would be amazing.

Hero
May 02, 2009
My colors on my various wizards are, well, various. On my main fire and my myth they are Black base and Dark Purple trim, on my Ivan Soulsinger clone they match the boss of the same name's color scheme down to a tee. My life's have green, my deaths are white/grey and my Daren Windwhisper clone is blue if my memory serves me right (he doesn't wear gear just fyi aside from his starter deck and wand; inspired by TFN of all people there) and my storm uses a light purple coloring as well also.

I also have a Felix Navidad clone who matches his colors as well also, so there's that at least.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
I would love to see some pastel colors. This way if you wanted to do pink on pink you would have much lighter shades for contrast. Hard to believe I know, but many guys I talk to would love to have pink as a boy color choice. Lots more fun designs on clothing would be great.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
The colors I always go for on my life wizard are light blue base and light green trim. My favorite color is light blue/turquoise and the light green is an homage to the life school lol. The gear my wiz currently has on also has golden highlights, so it's a very pretty color combonation in my opinion. For my storm wizard, I'm currently debating between the standard purple and yellow or changing it to black and purple. It would be great to see a wider variety and shades of colors for more customized looks. :)

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Not even just color. Once I find a look I like for a character I will stitch any new items into that robe, hat, hairdo, boots or whatever. I have a level 100 ice wizard that looks like she's still wearing a level10 hat, but I like that hat.

I don't like the looks of some of the higher level stuff, although I do have my fire wizard decked out in the chitinous armor of Krysalis. For the most part, the traditional stuff looks best, and stitching is fast and easy.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
A larger selection of shades of the primary colors would be awesome to see in the dye shop, not just blue and light blue. there is a large array of shades of blue that could be utilized as with so many other primary colors.
According to Wikipedia we have 72 shades of just blue so the options are endless and that's just one color.

The option of adding a third color to out trim as a fore mentioned is an awesome idea also, adding prints like stars and moons and what not is also a great idea.
The options with different shades and prints is very vast, that could be applied to our gear designs via the dye shop or via stitching.

Most of all have Fun and Happy wizarding!!

Survivor
Apr 12, 2012
I keep my clothes yellow for Myth (since that is my school). I NEVER change them.

Brady Moonshard Level 100
Scot Giantforge Level 70

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
my outfit right now is in shades of green and silver. dyed and changes all the time.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2012
I would like to see some of the dropped gear "dye-able" because the multicolored stuff just sometimes doesn't work with what you would like for your Wizard. My Storm, Death, Fire and Life chars all have white on white ATM and I do change colors often depending on my mood. I think a wide variety of colors like "neon" colors would be good, as well as maybe pastels. We all appreciate your hard work and listening ears!! Thanks!! ~^..^~

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
All of my wizards wear gear with school insignia that they have had since Marleybone or so. I almost never change their look. I dye them sometimes and stitch them when I get something more powerful. I do wish for more gear to have school insignia and that there were more choices for modern looking clothes -- tshirts, hoodies, jeans, capris, ball hats, athletic shoes -- and I especially wish we could have glasses. If pirates have eye patches, wizards should be able to have glasses. I would like to be able to dye more things and more colors to choose from. I second Kelsey Fireheart's idea for 3 colors.

Paige Willowleaf, Lvl 98

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I always dye whatever I'm wearing to have the colors of that wizards chool. Yellow and blue for myth, black and white for death, and so on.

If you want to take anything from this, you could expand the color pallete to include the new colors introduced in Pirate101.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Well, my wizard who made it to Avalon wore a ninja hood, armor, and sword I found while I got through MooShu. I liked it so much I stitched it with my gear with good stats. Hood, armor, and boots were all a uniform light blue main and trim color. When I dye I usually stick with school colors. It's just comforting.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
It has always bothered me that pink is not a colour available to male characters. It's not that I desperately desire to have that colour. The issue is more that KI feels it necessary to force genders into certain colour schemes. Teaching children that pink is solely a feminine colour is an outdated, irrational social assumption. I don't agree it is right for a male to feel he has to renounce his liking for a colour out of fear of being emasculated for his preference.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
o I would love to see some new colors maybe a softer pink gray also for the girls ty KI

Survivor
Dec 14, 2011
I agree with you Kelsey, I think a more expanded display of colors would really be nice! Just one shade of pink just gets a little boring. I do like to change up my colors every now and then, you know, experiment with them. And as far as fashion goes, I happen to like the angel styles. Both the Arch and Guardian Angel ones. I think it would be cool to have maybe, something maybe maybe light or shadow inspired... i'm not sure if that could happen lol. Just a little thought.

Kimberly Fairydust, Life lvl 100.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
I think a good job was done in regards to colors, I would like to see more effects on the weapons though :D

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Red and yellow. respectively
All black
All yellow
Dark and light green, respectively

The others' clothes I haven't bothered stitching or dyeing.

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
well since i am a fire student i stick with red and yellow. but sometimes i dye my clothing to black and yellow.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2013
Hi!
So... I agree with Kesley FireHeart. A third colour for some clothing items would be totally awesome!
I am in school and I wear black and white to match the school's colours. I wish I could add red to my outfit to make myself more fashionable and stylish. I'm level 30 and don't find myself as stylish as I think I'm meant to be...
Anyway, having a third colour would be awesome, I look forward to the next updates!

Myrna DeathHunter
Death School

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
All of mine are the original color (red). I never really dye my clothes because I am always far from the shopping district or am only near there to clear up my backpack in the bazaar. I only think of changing color if the clothes do not match because that drives me crazy sometimes but it is a good thing buying a prepaid card that comes with a good set of matching clothes. I just wanted to say right here that I am happy KI does feedback friday to see what people think about there game because most big companies do not do events like this or even communicate with the players at all. That is the reason why I always stay with Wizard101.

Artur FireCaster
Level 86