Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do you cancel a renewal of a membership?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 22, 2015
I see an "end membership" button, but I am afraid it will cancel it overall. Is that the right way to cancel renewal, or is there a different way?

Administrator
Hello,

Yes, this will cancel the renewal. You will still be able to use the membership time you've already paid for.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Thank you Prof. Greyrose. I was wondering the same thing. I bought my 2 nieces and a nephew the intro for new members for a month and the next day the year subscription went on sale. So if I understand it correctly, I have to cancel the monthly rate and purchase the yearly and magically the yearly rate will be added to this current month. Is that correct? I don't want to mess it up for them. They were so happy to be able to go into the rest of Wizard City. Now if only there was an easier way to hook up as friends instead of hanging out in the Commons hoping they will sign on. It would be nice to be able to enter their wizards name and have it join on my wizards friends list. Thanks for your time.

Administrator
Davidfire school on Apr 29, 2015 wrote:
Thank you Prof. Greyrose. I was wondering the same thing. I bought my 2 nieces and a nephew the intro for new members for a month and the next day the year subscription went on sale. So if I understand it correctly, I have to cancel the monthly rate and purchase the yearly and magically the yearly rate will be added to this current month. Is that correct? I don't want to mess it up for them. They were so happy to be able to go into the rest of Wizard City. Now if only there was an easier way to hook up as friends instead of hanging out in the Commons hoping they will sign on. It would be nice to be able to enter their wizards name and have it join on my wizards friends list. Thanks for your time.
Hello David,

You could purchase the yearly membership after you've already started the monthly and it will just tack on to the end of the subscription time you've already paid for. And then, from that point forward it will renew as a yearly membership.

You can add them to your friends list the next time you play together or by using a true friend code. An explanation can be found here:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/truefriendcode

If you need any additional help or have questions about billing you can send an email to support@wizard101.com for assistance.

community@wizard101.com
Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Davidfire school on Apr 29, 2015 wrote:
Such a feature would be hard to apply, as multiple wizards can have the same name.