Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is the point of Wysteria?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 22, 2013
Besides Tower of the Helephant which isnt worth it and the zeke quest, what is the point of wysteria? there is like absolutely no xp there and the quests are just talk to people. I believe it is a waste of a world and they should up the xp and make it as long as grizzleheim and wintertusk and have a total of like 30 000 xp for wizards lvl 40+

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
well I always do wysteria after marleybone for the extra xp starting mooshu it helps me out by leveling once

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Andrew Stormhunter on Apr 1, 2015 wrote:
Besides Tower of the Helephant which isnt worth it and the zeke quest, what is the point of wysteria? there is like absolutely no xp there and the quests are just talk to people. I believe it is a waste of a world and they should up the xp and make it as long as grizzleheim and wintertusk and have a total of like 30 000 xp for wizards lvl 40+
Wysteria was a minor world that came out after Wintertusk, and it gave players some new content to tide them over until the release of Zafaria. It was short and sweet, but I still enjoyed doing the quests. Also, the ring and athame dropped from Tower of the Helephant were the best available at the time.

I realize that some players are only concerned with getting as much XP as possible and leveling up as fast as they can. But for others, questing is the whole point of the game -- It's not about the destination... It's about the journey. And so it is with the world of Wysteria (and many other things in life).

Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
For level 25, which is when you can start, the xp is fine. Wysteria is a fun world and one I do on each wizard. Who knows if this will be continued... Grizzleheim (where the xp is horrendously small) started out as a side world like this too and has already expanded into Wintertusk, and could expand beyond that.

There is no reason to change anything in Wysteria. It's your choice to go in it later on.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
I think the real complaint is there is no purpose outside of the story, which most don't care about. Yes, there is a Zeke quest for an extra training point, but there are no spell rewards or exceptionally good drops. As far as exp goes, It's much faster to go to Marleybone and do those instead of Wysteria, which offers no rewards or progression. Marleybone has to be completed anyway, and since it usually gives you enough levels, there is no reason to not go straight to it.

I don't think he was trying to say that Wysteria is useless or shouldn't be there, so much as it needs to have more built into it. Add an extra spell to learn from it and give it some more zones. Why make a whole world (small as it may be) and give no incentive to actually go there?

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
i found this world really fun actully i think it was worth the time

Explorer
Jan 15, 2013
Um...

1. It's total awesomeness
  2. The extra xp. (It gives a lot for level 25!)
  3. Belladona Crisp. 'Nuff said.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2012
Wysteria gets you alot of xp so you can get higher but wysteria is small there is not that many quests there

Survivor
Sep 20, 2011
1.Extra XP
2. Introducing to cheats
3. i had a great experience

BAD part:I wanted to learn from the school of chaos :(

Gavin legendhaven lvl 71

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I am currently running a Wizard through Wysteria specifically for the Zeke training point, though I will probably come back and do Tower of the Helephant later.

I do get that the world seems rather pointless, and have skipped it with another wizard I created before this one.

I think KI is missing an opportunity to make this world more attractive by giving each school a spell quest here. Many players have asked in other threads to be able to learn spells from the Pigswick schools. The Pigswick teachers have different philosophies than their Ravenwood equivalents, so these spells should be a little different and strange by the standards of the spells of Wizard city. They might also have an element of "cheat" in them.

Here are some possibilities. I have tried to come up with spell concepts that fall in line with the school descriptions given in the Teacher Teacher quest.

Chaos (Myth)--Confusion/2 pips/80%--Target's next spell has a 50% chance of randomly landing on any participant in the duel except the chosen target or the caster [charm]. Will have no effect if there is only one opponent on each side.

Earth (Life)--Bramble/2 pips/90%--20 damage + 150 damage over 3 turns; also puts weakness on target.

Ember (Fire)--Cozy Hearth/3 pips/75%--All allies heal 320 health. All enemies heal 160 health.

Equilibrium (Balance)--Circle of Control/3 pips/85%--Gives +15% accuracy to all spells [bubble].

Spirit (Death)--Soul Link/1 pip/85%--Caster of the next incoming attack takes damage equal to 33% of his attack [ward].

Frost (Ice)--Ice Weaver/4 pips/80%--Does 250 damage and places a 30% tower shield on the caster.

Tempest (Storm)--Tidal Flow/2 pips/70%--Caster's next storm attack returns 50% of its damage to the attacker as healing, with a maximum of 600 (before healing mods from gear)[charm].

Survivor
Jun 10, 2015
Ok. First of all, why are you doing wysteria at lvl 40?
Second. When did you get the wysteria quest hmmmmm? I believe our beloved Ambrose said we were ready at roughly lvl 25. Thirdly, I cannot really hear anyone saying anything about the interesting story line which honestly adds a hint of harry potter and the goblet of fire. Fourth. The XP is pretty decent and it is supposed to get you even more stimulated for the rest of marley bone. Fifth. It is a side world. You might as well start complaining about grizzelhiem being having lousy XP for lvl thirty.
Finally I will revisit the fact it is a SIDE world that is COMPLETELY optional. Be glad KI gave you something to get extra XP and will eventually affect your overall lvling for about two or three lvls which can make a HUGE difference. Please tell me if I got any thing wrong.