Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

silly gardening question.

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
forgive me if this sounds dumb, but i really don't garden much. however, i've been on a crafting spree recently, hence why this is sort of make-or-break.

(one means more farming, the other means i can craft the mount and go about my wizardly business)

right now, i'm crafting the digmoore pogo stick mount (from the 5 boxes event); i have everything i need, except the last 4 silver trumpet vines. i don't have the crowns to buy them (and, even if i did, i probably still wouldn't, since i need those for questing), so i've been farming axenos relentlessly just to come up with the few i do have.

"so why didn't you put this in the crafting forum, von?"

well, i'm glad you asked, because there's more.

i recently revived some dead silver trumpet vines that my death wizard had in his house (they died ages ago, but i left them there because it added to the, uh, questionable charm, what with all the other dead stuff he's amassed over the years) and i can't decide whether to remove the plots or just maintain them.

i understand that silver trumpet vines have a chance of dropping a re-seed... but, given the way that chance in this game works, the odds are probably greater that my storm wizard will receive her entire level 100 elite set from malistaire in a single, solo run of castle dread-more, in which she doesn't die.

so my question to you is: if i remove the plots (of soil), do i get to keep the seed, or do i lose those when i remove the soil?

thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

-von

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Digging up a plant destroys the seed, even with crown plants that always reseed.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
I believe you lose the seed. Look on the wiki for which bosses/creatures drop Silver Trumpet Vines.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
You have to remove the plant before you can remove the plot, so you won't get the seeds back.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
If you plow the plot where the seed is still planted, you will lose the seed.

The plow option will first plow the seed, and then you'd have to use it again to plow the plot.

I see it says there's a high chance of getting a STV seed at the Elder harvest. I used to grow them all the time a few years ago. If the chance is only high and not a sure thing, then I was extremely lucky because I don't remember ever harvesting them at Elder and not getting a seed back.

Rather than farming bosses, you should try just fighting some of the Piscean shark mobs in Celestia. Looking on Central I noticed they're some of the mobs I'm sure I got hundreds of them from.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2012
You will lose the seed if you remove the plot

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
hey von, you are forced to remove the dead plant before you can remove the plot of soil. so the seed is destroyed. if i were you i would revive them and garden them carefully. Sorry

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
if that's the case, then i think i'll just keep the plots as they are... back to farming for me, i guess.

thanks everyone!
-v.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
hey von, after over a year reading and sometimes replying on these message boards i feel like i kind of know you and would like to meet up in game. i am one of those hard core players you sometimes complain about, hehe. i really do enjoy helping as long as the privledge isnt abused (re: i will not help with every mob battle, haha) lets figure out a time/place?
Amber Raven Song
Amber Raven Song
Iridian Light Singer

Explorer
Nov 11, 2010
Dead plants can be revived therefore saving the seed,sometimes death plant not too far gone show their need,giving them their needs revives them.Hope this helps.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Von, if your primary goal is to get some Silver Trumpet Vine seeds, think about it this way. If you leave the plants dead, you have zero chance of getting any STV seeds. If you revive and harvest them, you have a chance. Isn't it better to have a chance of something than a certainty of nothing? And if it's about having dead plants at your Death Wiz house, you can always plant some more common plants and let them die. Anyway, good luck with your goals.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
STV have a very slight chance, probably less than 5%, of dropping an EXTRA STV seed at elder. I have had this happen a couple of times over the past 2 years, on a medium sized garden of 12 STV's.

At first I thought I had inadvertently discovered some glitch, but had no luck trying to reproduce it on demand. I forgot about it, then a few days later, elder again, and one extra STV seed again.

I would try that, it is something that just happens, you do not need to spend hours in waterworks or Portico/Chancel/Spheres/Boss McShark. Just fertilize and forget.

All else fails, they drop fairly often in waterworks and in Chancel. I remember many Chancel runs for fish on a vine, coming away with 1-2 STV and no fish.