Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard Level Relavent to Pet Training?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I have been playing wiz for a couple years and never bothered with pet training because I don't like doing it. Just recently, I began pet training regularly. Most of the time I seem to get "pig" talents or talents that have a pig picture next to them. They seem like useless talents to me. So I stop training that pet immediately.. and try with a new one. My question for all of you pet experts out there, please tell me if the level of the wizard training a pet affects the talents that pet will receive.

Example: A nice friend of mine, (thank you Michael!!), just hatched with my level 68 ice wizard and she got his Lord of Spring storm hybrid pet. I have a level 18 storm wizard that I plan on giving this pet to.
Will the talents of the pet I receive from training be at all affected if my higher level wizard trains it?
IOW, if my storm wizard trains this pet from baby, will it still be able to give high level talents like critical, armor pierce or crit block even though the wizard training it isn't even up to 20? Or should I train this pet on a higher level wizard and THEN transfer it to the low level one?

Side note:
One thing I would love to see KI add is DIFFERENT PET TRAINING GAMES. I hope that new pet training games are added someday because doing the same 2-3 games over and over is painful. See first sentence lol. Thank you in advance to any who reply with helpful info or comments on this.

Alura Winter

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
It doesn't matter at all how you train, or on what wizard. You get good talents by hatching with pets that have them, then training the baby. Usually that process is repeated. Hatch, train to adult, hatch again. After a while you collect the talents you want from the other pets, then train your newest one to higher levels.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
hello,

A pet's Talents are determined at hatching, and the ONLY benefit a higher level wizard has while training a pet is the larger Energy pool. Note: your energy pool can be increased with specific gear pieces.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2009
Pet talents are determined upon the creation of the egg. Nothing can alter what talents you get after the egg is created. If you want certain talents hatch with a pet that has them and try to get it on the off spring. So training it on a lower level will not effect what you get. You will just have less energy for training

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Thank you to Frost Wind, Soul Blood and mmoluvr. I appreciate the information.

Alura Winter