Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-27-15

AuthorMessage
Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I love the deck naming and gear set features. Thanks so much for adding those!

Each wiz is different, but at least I have an all-around deck, a boss deck, and one for special missions. All of them will change depending what I am doing, and what area i'm in. Generally my mob or questing deck is just blades and AoE attacks. Boss decks will be based on support with lots of buffs, or high damage if I'm hitting. Life has decks for attacking, buffing, and healing.

For dungeons that I'm running often, like Graveyard now, I'll set a deck and gear build for each fight. That saves time on runs. Boss 1, Boss 2, etc One click and good to go. It's wonderful.

I think my storm and life wiz are up to about 10 decks now. I also keep a few decks that I can't equip (wrong school) for extra TC storage.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I usually have 3-5 decks built, each for a different type of battle (mobs, boss, same-school boss, specific fights like Luska, hades, shane etc) but now I only have one deck.

The pip deck I finally crafted allows me lots more strategic room than any of the old, pip-less decks. First turn Deer Knight, second turn crow, etc. It's enough of an advantage that it's very hard to justify continuing to use the older deck boxes. Even for plain old mob fights, perhaps especially for mob fights, due to first turn deer.

Until I have a chance to farm morganthe some more, or get another orange mote to fall out of Zigzag, I'm on one deck.

On wizards I use for pvp, the pip deck(s) are reserved for pvp and are No Touch. It is all too easy to empty out your pvp deck, drop in a couple of sweepers, go farm halfang, then forget. Next time you go to queue up for a ranked match, you get into battle and discover that you have all of 8 cards in deck and 2 in your sideboard. (I actually gave it a try anyway. I lost fast. He understood and we were joking about it.)

I do wish there were more deck options. The level 60 no-trade decks like Soul Devourer's Arcana, with its 1% global accuracy boost, would have been very welcome in some form at level 30-40, when most of us are still mixing and matching senator and zeus gear to find accuracy and pip chance. Perhaps a deck with a small pip boost? A deckbox with critical block? (Cue spaghetti westerns' cliche scene where a sheriff is saved during a pistol duel when a shirt-pocket Bible or portrait of a sweetheart deflects a potentially fatal bullet)

Decks with unique spells like lava lord are fun, but there should be one for each school that has a unique 'mutated' or utility type spell they can actually use. Eg ice could get the bubble-producing Ice-o-Phant, storm gets storm efreet, balance gets Lernaean Hydra, etc.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Corwin F on Feb 28, 2015 wrote:
by the way, I heard one day that we can choose the chance cards will be available first in Pirate101 decks
I don't know if it's true because I don't play Pirate101 yet but I'm dying to get that kind of option in Wizard101

to be sure, for example, to get at least one attack and one Enchant in hand at the beginning of the fight instead of digging for too many rounds when sometimes decks are stubborn...
at high level that may help to empty backpacks a little with less decks ;+P
(no need for Small decks for example)

anyway, to answer the question of the day, if think there is a proverb that says :
"with great level comes great amount of decks"
eh, eh ;+P

until a high level (usually after 50 or 60 when critical arrives in fights and also cheating bosses), my wizards stick to :
- a Main deck for any fight
- and sometimes, also a side Tank deck if they already have a support mode

at high level, they all have at least :
- a Main deck for boss fights with all kind of boosts, heals and big attacks
- a Small deck for street fights, maily with AoE attacks and Enchants to speed these fights

side decks may be :
- a generic Boss deck for solo school quests bosses with minions in it and spells that change depending on boss
- a Tank deck for support (often mainly healer or booster depending on the wizard's school and team)
- and all kind of special decks for specific bosses or dungeons of the moment, for example my level 100 wizards have 3 decks for Darkmoor Graveyard, one for each boss
that can be the same for Tartarus, Mirror Lake, Waterworks, Loremaster, etc, depending on level and what the wizard is farming atm

then if the wizard is a PvPer :
- at least one PvP deck for solo fights
- sometimes several decks if this wizard is used to play with team (Hammer deck, Healer deck, Tank deck, etc depending on team)

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}
I play Pirate101 and I can safely tell you that there are no decks in Pirate101 at all whatsoever there. However, you can customize the order of your powers and make it so that certain ones show up earlier than others do in battle, so there's that at least.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
well being a life wiz i use 4 decks. i use the first for for normal battles and boss battles . the second i use for life bosses so i have mass prisms and regular prisms. the third is for small spells like if i have to fight beloq or young morganthe. my fourth is for healing the whole deck has healing spells along with guiding light and all the other good stuff

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
I usually have at least 4 different decks set up for mobs, bosses, support, and same-school battles. Sometimes I set up extra decks for things I'm doing a lot, like farming a specific place.

Survivor
May 28, 2011
Well i mainly use five 1. My pvp deck 2. my questing deck. 3. my resource deck. 4. my boss deck.5. my farming deck

Blaine thunderhammer level 66 fire wizard

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
I've got several decks. I've got one on all my characters just for fighting myth..loaded with traps and potent trap enhancement spells. Because as we all know..when you get just a little higher level in to the mid high 50's to low 60's your myth opponents start taking a liking to earthquake.
I've got my same school boss decks for each wiz. loaded with prisms.
I've got a small deck. loaded for quick turn arounds and attacks. and I've got 2-3 big pretty much loaded decks for bosses and dungeons

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i have only one deck, but the cards in it change from one battle to another.

support deck (this is the one i use for stuff like tartarus or yev fight in darkmoor)

3 balanceblade
2 bladestorm
3 sharpened blade (2 + 1 from amulet)
1 item balanceblade (from amulet)
4 stun block
4 availing hands
2 potent trap
2 hex
2 feint
3 reshuffle

-

solo mob deck (level 90+)

3 balanceblade
1 power nova
1 sandstorm
2 colossal
1 reshuffle

-

solo boss deck (non-cheat dungeons)

3 balanceblade
2 feint
2 hex
2 potent trap
3 availing hands
5 colossal
1 power nova
1 ra
1 artorius
1 savage paw
1 gaze of fate

optional: shadow shrike/infallible (for same-school fights); chastisement/punishment (depending on boss' school).

-

farming deck (halfang)

2 balanceblade
2 sharpened blade (1+1 from amulet)
1 item balanceblade
1 sandstorm
1 reshuffle

that's all for now, would post more but am tired and out of space.

-von