Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-27-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday, it's time to chat, so let's get down to it, shall we?

For this edition of Feedback Friday, let's chat about your spell decks. What decks do you use on a regular basis? Do you just use one deck for everything? Do you have various different decks for different situations? Do you have multiple copies of the same deck set up different ways?

Inquiring minds want to know! Hope you have a Fantastic Friday and stay warm this weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
Professor Falmea on Feb 27, 2015 wrote:
It's Friday, it's time to chat, so let's get down to it, shall we?

For this edition of Feedback Friday, let's chat about your spell decks. What decks do you use on a regular basis? Do you just use one deck for everything? Do you have various different decks for different situations? Do you have multiple copies of the same deck set up different ways?

Inquiring minds want to know! Hope you have a Fantastic Friday and stay warm this weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I mostly just try to stick with only one deck, but I may make a deck for PvP, one for questing, and one for bosses.

Your Pyromancer, Logan LegendFlame Level 68

Hero
May 02, 2009
On my lower level characters I typically only use one deck for everything and that's it (the exception to this rule so-to-speak there is my Ivan Soulsinger clone who uses at least 2 different decks depending on the situation (i.e. one for death enemies and one for non-death enemies as well there also).

On my main fire wizard though, I use very many different decks. I use a Mummified deck for lower-level/mob fights, a deck for fire bosses and a deck for, well, everything else there really. I also have some decks that serve as purely treasure card storage decks as well there also, so there's that at least.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I use one for everything and load how I need to

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I have a deck each for bosses, mobs, a deck to customize for special occasions and a tank deck for schools I can use as tanks.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
i have 3 different type of deck school boss, boss and mobs.
what i would like to see is more spells added as the max is only 64 and as the bosses get harder the more spells we are going to need (before you say reshuffle already got and not a lot of use as is a one time spell).

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I generally use 2-3 decks. A boss deck, mob deck and a small deck used for low level farming, like Couch Potato seeds. Only has a couple attack all and colossal spells so I can always cast first round and kill all. For same school I just add prisms to boss/mob deck for that battle.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2014
With the addition of the equipment sets, it is much easier to switch between decks and I use multiple decks, named and set-up for various occasion.

If I was able to I would recommend this setup for all. However the crafted level 100 decks, are not the easiest to craft and would be hard to have many of them.

Tyler TP (78) Arthur MT (84) Blake DT (37)

Survivor
Sep 14, 2014
nathan owlhaven on Feb 27, 2015 wrote:
i have 3 different type of deck school boss, boss and mobs.
what i would like to see is more spells added as the max is only 64 and as the bosses get harder the more spells we are going to need (before you say reshuffle already got and not a lot of use as is a one time spell).
Agreed

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Main, my school main, boss, my school boss, and anti- cheaty boss. The a.c.b. gets remade for every cheaty boss.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2011
One deck for everything because it is easier!!!! I mean who needs more then one. LOL

Survivor
Oct 08, 2009
I personally have to use 3 decks. Since I'm in khrysalis (part 1), it takes up space, but its worth it! The first deck i use is a small monster deck. All I put in is 2 life blades, and one sharpen, 2 forest lords with 1 colossal, and one reshuffle. The next deck i use is a healer deck. I pack this deck with max satyrs and rebirths, 3 healing blades, and 3 cycles of life. My last deck is my boss deck. I pack it with 2 life blades, 2 spirit blades, 2 sharpens, 2 king artorius and 2 forest lords, 3 satyrs, and 3 reshuffles. Even though this may be long, I hope it helps some promethean lifes out there.
Moolinda's favorite life student, Ryan Lifeleaf

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
My 3 higher level wizards have a deck for each school, plus an energy deck and a "small" deck for battles in easier worlds. I also have extra decks for holding treasure cards on the wizard that gardens. I change equipment based on the school prior to most every battle, including the deck.
If the battle includes a boss and/or multiple schools, I modify the deck as needed before joining the battle.
My lower level wizards (under 40) tend to use just two decks: one for same school, and another for everything else.

Community Leader
I have 4 different decks. One for regular mob fights, one for jading, one for 1v1 PvP, and one for 2v2s. They're all pip decks.

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
On my Ice lvl 70 wizard I have at least 3 decks; one for farming (blizzard, frost giant, boosts) that lets me do one-shot AOE kills; another for fighting ice bosses, and another one for general situations. The farming deck is almost empty, so it's the quickest one. I have everything set up on equip combos so it makes it real easy to switch my entire gear and deck for the specific situations. Much better than having to shuffle through the decks to figure out which one is which. On all my other characters, I tend to have 2 decks; one for regular fights and one for when fighting monsters of my same school. Usually the only thing I change on my deck are the shields.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2012
Survivor
May 27, 2011
I prefer to use The Lord's of night pyramid deck until I can get either the gallery of the woebegone or the mago's death headset

Hunter Deathshade, level 92

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
I have lots of decks. 5 at least. I am a Life Wizard~

• First I have my main deck which is a combination of heals, charms and damage spells. It's a larger deck.
  • My second deck is my healing deck for groups and PVP. Sometimes I put in a reshuffle. It's only heal spells, blades and auras.
  • Then I have my low level deck for low level quests and events that come around after I've levelled (Like crab alley, the five b.o.x.e.s, ect.
  • Death deck for bosses or mobs of my main school~
  • Finally I have a medium deck with medium to high damage cards, I generally use this for events as well as killing off mobs.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
by the way, I heard one day that we can choose the chance cards will be available first in Pirate101 decks
I don't know if it's true because I don't play Pirate101 yet but I'm dying to get that kind of option in Wizard101

to be sure, for example, to get at least one attack and one Enchant in hand at the beginning of the fight instead of digging for too many rounds when sometimes decks are stubborn...
at high level that may help to empty backpacks a little with less decks ;+P
(no need for Small decks for example)

anyway, to answer the question of the day, if think there is a proverb that says :
"with great level comes great amount of decks"
eh, eh ;+P

until a high level (usually after 50 or 60 when critical arrives in fights and also cheating bosses), my wizards stick to :
- a Main deck for any fight
- and sometimes, also a side Tank deck if they already have a support mode

at high level, they all have at least :
- a Main deck for boss fights with all kind of boosts, heals and big attacks
- a Small deck for street fights, maily with AoE attacks and Enchants to speed these fights

side decks may be :
- a generic Boss deck for solo school quests bosses with minions in it and spells that change depending on boss
- a Tank deck for support (often mainly healer or booster depending on the wizard's school and team)
- and all kind of special decks for specific bosses or dungeons of the moment, for example my level 100 wizards have 3 decks for Darkmoor Graveyard, one for each boss
that can be the same for Tartarus, Mirror Lake, Waterworks, Loremaster, etc, depending on level and what the wizard is farming atm

then if the wizard is a PvPer :
- at least one PvP deck for solo fights
- sometimes several decks if this wizard is used to play with team (Hammer deck, Healer deck, Tank deck, etc depending on team)

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
I use the best deck I can find or craft stat wise and hold multiple copies. Minimally I have Attack deck and Healer deck. Usually also Small Deck which is for quick attacks when questing against mobs or helping lower level friends. Wizards that have done pvp have pvp deck. I find it so much more efficient farming long dungeons with complex rules like darkmoor by having decks set up for each boss, sometimes equipment sets too. For darkmoor wizards I have ice boss deck, storm boss deck, and death boss deck all ready to go for the graveyard. Naming decks was a really really really good idea, lol. Thanks KI

Amber (ok ok & too)

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
now that I have a deck that offers 1 extra pip at the start of the battle that is all I use.. what I really wish is that: Say you have 3 of the basic deck.. I wish you could set up each of those decks diffrently.. but I have noticed all decks, if you have multiples of the same one, they just act like the same deck.. you can't set up each one diffrently..

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
I have a bunch of different decks set up in different ways, one for bosses, one for normal enemies, one for pvp one for weak enemies and a deck for special situations where I have to change it for a specific enemie

Evan starblade level 63

Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
When I get a new deck, I upgrade it and sell the old one. Unless its a big one, then I save it in my shared bank.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
My Mob deck which includes:
2 Fire Blades, 2 Meteor Showers, and 2 Clossals

Survivor
Oct 19, 2013