Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea Having "Armor Resist"

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
getting annoying armor pierce seem to overpower, would be good idea THAT wizard101 should make "Armor Resist" that would help block incoming armor pierce damage?

armor pierce seem to unfair to ice wizard because storm been to overpower because storm as to much talent! just saying: all that work for immunity world be: waste of gold and pet snack?

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Are you talking about PvP or PvE
If it's PvP, than I don't know what to tell you
If in PvE than Storms Talent should have no real effect, as you can't attack other wizards.
They've managed to enable us to be 100% resist to whatever school, or schools we want.
With more arcs to follow, it would seem useless to not have an armor pierce.
Be honest, what are they hitting you for?? 20 %...?
30??
I don't understand why we need a defense against armor pierce when we could just increase out defenses. If you go to 120 Def, than a 20 % pierce is still immunity

Survivor
Aug 09, 2012
The whole point of armor piercing is to get rid of some resistance, Ice wizards can become immune to storm and fire, If they get something else that can resist the pierce, that's the point even having the pierce in the first place... I disagree 100% with this idea.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I have no idea how it's unfair to not be able to have complete immunity. Complete damage immunity is really unhealthy in any game's PvP. Just saying.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
lewski on Feb 25, 2015 wrote:
I have no idea how it's unfair to not be able to have complete immunity. Complete damage immunity is really unhealthy in any game's PvP. Just saying.
Agreed.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Caller Of Storms on Feb 25, 2015 wrote:
The whole point of armor piercing is to get rid of some resistance, Ice wizards can become immune to storm and fire, If they get something else that can resist the pierce, that's the point even having the pierce in the first place... I disagree 100% with this idea.
anyone be immune to any school? meet death wizard he "op resist" he had 4immunity and able boost one resist with losing others op resist!

got person post picture (found storm "as a tank" same resist as ice when they are tank "he" go immunity storm/fire as a storm? show you the poof picture storm do get immunity http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=496464&d=1424813029

I am ice "not immune storm/fire" more immune then just storm and fire and I have immunity: myth/life/death/balance "also can get ice immunity" only during new world unless put companion with resist

only school I see being immunity others then ice:

storm (immune storm/fire)
life (storm/balance)
death (storm/death)

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Gemma Luna on Feb 25, 2015 wrote:
You can use Shields & Fortify.
it a talent "they don't need normal resist and more armor resist because armor resist better then immunity "armor resist could possible get you immunity armor pierce (make hard use armor pierce) less resist make harder to use infallible & shadow shrike?

whatever next shadow shrike spell what "happen if was defense one" had 50% resist/90% stun resist/20% critical block

or immunity aura?

don't think shadow magic isn't fair to immunity wizard "immunity would get more worst" find stronger better resist pet! imagine there immunity puppet team "make it possible to defeat they was spammer clued with any cleanse" accidently did immunity puppet team once with death wizard when testing immunity when I was testing on a myth! she had storm O_O immunity puppet team already good talent in pvp? if was cleanse spammer/shield spammer or others

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Full Jade Gear, Defy and Proof on pet, Rings form Krys...
Immune to any school you want

I've done it

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
JustinFrostHunter on Feb 25, 2015 wrote:
anyone be immune to any school? meet death wizard he "op resist" he had 4immunity and able boost one resist with losing others op resist!

got person post picture (found storm "as a tank" same resist as ice when they are tank "he" go immunity storm/fire as a storm? show you the poof picture storm do get immunity http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=496464&d=1424813029

I am ice "not immune storm/fire" more immune then just storm and fire and I have immunity: myth/life/death/balance "also can get ice immunity" only during new world unless put companion with resist

only school I see being immunity others then ice:

storm (immune storm/fire)
life (storm/balance)
death (storm/death)
Every one of my wizards can be immune to any one school at any time, some can only get 99% with Ice. With Jade gear and a good pet you can be immune to all schools when you have companions. My storm can be myth/fire or storm/fire/almost ice with almost no reduction in attack.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Absolutely no way. I am telling you the resist is and has been OP quite badly already. As stated before in this thread. The whole point of Armor pierce is to help deal with immunity and resists that are just too high. Lets not forget about shields too. Shields help against incoming armor resist quite well and can protect someone whos immunity otherwise would have been broken. Strike only lasts 3 rounds does back lash and is very circumstantial, plus healing is reduced when using it.

This might be alright if they make all gear that gets armor resist have low resist in the process.