Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 04, 2014
What is your opinion on Myth? As a Myth wizard I am highly offended when I see people on this Message Board and anywhere say things like "Poor Myth." Please don't leave any comments completely attacking myth. Just say what you do and do not like.

(For example)
I love how myth gets spells like pierce, medusa, and stuns. Myth is amazing!

I don't like how myth gear around level 50 does not give Universal resist or Universal Critical Block. It is all school specific to myth or rarely life and death.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
I tried and I didn't really enjoy it because of my play style, I like to be able to do massive damage and carry the team so I picked . I didn't enjoy because I think you're too dependent on your minions and I don't like playing like that. But I did like that has the Earthquake spell and stuns, so is overall a fine school if you enjoy being able to summon minons, like I said, depends on your play style.

Defender
May 09, 2010
Criticizing any School is a mockery of the unity this community thinks it has. I too feel pity for those who tease Myth or any other school for being underwhelming or not as useful in the balancing act of dueling. But people need to understand........ there is a ring of truth to it.

In the early days of this game, Myth was regarded as a unique school for its ability in Minion summoning and standalone combat with more different spells then that of the other Schools. In fact, I almost chose Myth over my current school (should be obvious what it is by now)! But that's changed. Nowadays I see Myth as a Storm knock-off...the developers are giving the school powerful spells yet in the same time are disregarding its original roots with minions and other unique abilities. Minions were great for soloing.....but there hasn't been a minion in a while for any school.
People just see Myth as the school trying to be another one. There hasn't been a single Minion spell in years, and frankly, I'm sure plenty of people are upset over the issue.

In my opinion, Myth is a pretty well rounded school that has unique abilities and talents.......for the first 30 levels. Then you get an under-powered Storm knock-off trying to fit it. Note that in no way am I blatantly accusing Myth of being bad in any way, for I am just ushering in facts and opinions.

Now for some suggestions: Give Myth a spell for higher levels that summons a minion....yet it doesn't take a spot in the duel circle pads (the ones us Wizards stand on). Perhaps it stands off to the side of the Conjurer who originally cast it. It gets its own attacks, turn for attacking and acknowledgment during the duel if summoned. And to make it better.....have the creature give the wizard who cast it (or all wizards dueling alongside) a stat increase of some kind. Like In Khrysalis (SPOILER) when you get people like Dyvim fighting alongside you, and give you a small stat increase. This Myth spell would be a lot like that, but more powered

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Myth is a fine school with some unique abilities. There are two main reasons that some players don't like it.

1- It doesn't have a consistent purpose or identity. Most schools stay with a specialty: Storm and Fire have big damage, Life healing, Ice defense, Balance buffs and support, etc. Myth starts of as a 'solo school' with useful minions, but doesn't progress with them, so loses that advantage. Not having a native heal, a big buff, or a strong AoE, it becomes harder to solo at higher levels, unless you train life and use a mastery, and train death to feint. The higher level myth minions aren't up to anything in the second arc, or really much past Mooshu, so if you like the school at first, tough, you must change your style later.

2- For most of the game, the most used attack for every school are AoE. Myth's most useful AoE is a barfing frog. This would have been funny as a novelty, like the Gobblers and some of the other silly animations, but it really gets old as a primary spell for 70 levels. It has NOTHING to do with mythology, and doesn't look nearly as cool as what most of the other schools get. There's also no higher damage AoE until level 100.

Myth is great as an anti-tank on a team, and deadly in 1v1, but the lack of continuity makes it an oddball class to a lot of players.

KI missed the opportunity to have a real solo school which would have satisfied players who don't want to team up, but selling henchmen is better for the bottom line I suppose. Of course better minions would need to be excluded from PvP.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
I use my 0 cost minion to heal with.
When I'm getting lower I cast him, then syphon health the following round.
It's like a fairy but only 1 pip

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I run two accounts and have completed the game with each school. I have completed the entire game twice with myth. Myth by far is my favorite. IMO the people who see myth as weak has never truly tried to master that school. I do not see myth as a school that masters minions. I see it as a school that can cut through defenses.

Let's face it. In the world of PvE (especially higher level world), which school do we dread facing the most--Myth. I know I do. They stun, destroy shields and blades, and even have some pretty hard hits.

Myth, just as any school can be very powerful when mastered.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
SamanthaWillowdrea... on Feb 19, 2015 wrote:
What is your opinion on Myth? As a Myth wizard I am highly offended when I see people on this Message Board and anywhere say things like "Poor Myth." Please don't leave any comments completely attacking myth. Just say what you do and do not like.

(For example)
I love how myth gets spells like pierce, medusa, and stuns. Myth is amazing!

I don't like how myth gear around level 50 does not give Universal resist or Universal Critical Block. It is all school specific to myth or rarely life and death.
I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm offended by comments like this. I just assume they've never really tried it. The first wizard I created when I started playing W101 was a Myth and I have to admit I deleted it the first day and went to a Life wiz. I didn't care for Myth initially but then again I had very limited knowledge of the ins and outs of the game. After playing the Life wiz and watching the play styles of the other schools I finally decided to give Myth another try. Now I think it might be my favorite. It can be my hardest hitter but I haven't played a Storm wizard yet. You really get to appreciate Myth when you get into a battle with Ice enemies that spam Tower shields. One well placed Earthquake and all of their hard work is for nothing.

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
I just started a myth and I enjoy it for the most part. The main thing I like is its spells. Regardless of its attack, I think myth's spells are some of the best visually. However, I think Myth's problem is that what makes it unique from other schools isn't as exceptional, as say, Storm's massive attack, or Death's ability to steal health. What i think is that Myth needs a little bit of a "make-over'. For one, they seem to have a whole "magician" theme with them, so maybe they could have more trick-like spells. They could swap negative charms for enemies good ones, or completely change weaknesses into a Myth Blade. Second, give Myth a "Double Blade". One would be light blue and one would be Myth's yellow color. The first blade does 10% and the second 30-40%. They act as the same blade so this makes stacking easy for Myth double-hit moves, as it doesn't use up the second blade on the first hit. Also, give Myth another double hit- it only has two. It could use another. Finally: minions. I like using minions with my Myth, but there's a few problems. Their minions (which is supposed to be Myth's main thing) aren't even that good. I mean, Death has the best minion, which makes no sense. Myth should have the best minion! I saw give
Myth an X minion for any amount of pips and make it better than Death's (fyi, Death is my favorite school so I'm not bashing it). Then, give Myth minion-unique utility spells. My idea was "Multiply", allowing Myth to have two minions at the same time! (maybe no PvP rule?) Just give Myth spells to make their minions actually worth casting. Heck, I think they could even have their next attack spell's extra power be summoning a minion like it or something (like, for example, say their new spell is "Giant". After it attacks it summons a giant minion."
These ideas should be considered, because I like Myth. Their powers just need to be improved so they can be noticed and finally become the threat they could be