Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Returning to the spiral.. Myth?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 02, 2013
I've recently come back to the spiral after a year long break and am very excited to jump right in. unfortunately my level 60 ice wizard doesn't appeal to me anymore so I've been playing on my myth, currently level 30.

My biggest problem: I've had multiple people tell me myth is the worst school and I'm wasting my time

Of course I don't believe them because I'm a strong believer that this game is skill and prowess using resources available, with this in mind I realized myth has a strange layout.

No AoE (that I can tell) that is viable in high level content besides mongofrog I'm so extremely used to my ice wizard having 3 VERY viable AoE's and I have become very happy buffing up and raining terror down on my enemies but if I'm to continue leveling my myth I need to be certain it's a worth while investment. Here's my pros/cons

Pros
  • Highest spirit damage
  • Minions
  • Blade and trap very early in game (HUGE PLUS, I absolutely hated waiting for ice blade!)
  • Some of my favorite animations (plus the gold cards look sick!)
  • "Shield Breakers" Spells like oros will break a myth or tower shield with first strike and completely demolish an enemy second strike.
Cons
  • Shield Breaker design makes traps hard to use
  • Minions not always viable
  • Fizzle rate too high for low damage
  • NO good AoE spell
  • Easily countered with myth monsters because prisms are a pain to use with spells like oros (2 hits requires 2 prisms...)
  • Generally thought as the weakest school due to lack of AoE
  • Supposedly, Calendar is a horrible spell

Myth wizards! Help me out and tell me if myth is worth it!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Morgrim Darkflame on Feb 5, 2015 wrote:
I've recently come back to the spiral after a year long break and am very excited to jump right in. unfortunately my level 60 ice wizard doesn't appeal to me anymore so I've been playing on my myth, currently level 30.

My biggest problem: I've had multiple people tell me myth is the worst school and I'm wasting my time

Of course I don't believe them because I'm a strong believer that this game is skill and prowess using resources available, with this in mind I realized myth has a strange layout.

No AoE (that I can tell) that is viable in high level content besides mongofrog I'm so extremely used to my ice wizard having 3 VERY viable AoE's and I have become very happy buffing up and raining terror down on my enemies but if I'm to continue leveling my myth I need to be certain it's a worth while investment. Here's my pros/cons

Pros
  • Highest spirit damage
  • Minions
  • Blade and trap very early in game (HUGE PLUS, I absolutely hated waiting for ice blade!)
  • Some of my favorite animations (plus the gold cards look sick!)
  • "Shield Breakers" Spells like oros will break a myth or tower shield with first strike and completely demolish an enemy second strike.
Cons
  • Shield Breaker design makes traps hard to use
  • Minions not always viable
  • Fizzle rate too high for low damage
  • NO good AoE spell
  • Easily countered with myth monsters because prisms are a pain to use with spells like oros (2 hits requires 2 prisms...)
  • Generally thought as the weakest school due to lack of AoE
  • Supposedly, Calendar is a horrible spell

Myth wizards! Help me out and tell me if myth is worth it!
I'm playing a Myth wizard now that I've gotten up to lvl 60+. So far it's the only wiz I've been able to solo the entire game with up till now. The issue you mention with the double-hit spells like Orthos and Minotaur can present a problem but with Ninja Pigs* and Medusa you can overcome that drawback. And even though Humongofrog is a hit-all spell it's only 4 pips so it's not a big deal to cast it against a single enemy and against multiple enemies it can be devastating if you boost it with Gargantuan or Colossal. Minions are handy at earlier levels but the more advanced you get the less useful they are. Gear with Myth accuracy boost is pretty easy to get so you can offset the high fizzle rate. All in all I think my Myth wiz might be my hardest hitter and I find it a lot of fun to play.

*You can get Ninja Pigs by farming The Loremaster in DS or Koto in Mooshu, or you can craft it but it's expensive. I would strongly advise trying to get this spell. It's a little less accurate (75%) but it gives you a single-hit 5-pip option to go with your double-hit Minotaur.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Yes, Myth is definitely worth it, and I agree with TucsonWizard 100%. Give it a chance and I think your Myth wizard will become your favorite. Also, the Shadow-enhanced Myth spell called Mystic Colossus is amazing, so be sure to look it up.

Wolf Windrider
Exalted

Defender
May 09, 2010
Thank you so much for this. I think Myth is underrated, and we need more Conjurers running around!

I may be a Diviner, but I like seeing people make choices that apply to your play-style. Whatever you chose.

I think you made a good choice, stick with what ya got, and succeed where others told you you would fail!

Defender
Aug 04, 2014
Myth is AMAZING. People only say it is bad because Myth is the rarest school and people don't have one/don't go very far on one. Spells like pierce, medusa, earthquake etc. give Myth a spot in the top 3 best schools. I am also a returning player that has also bounced around main wizards from fire to storm to myth but myth has definately been my favorite school.

-Samantha Willowdreamer Lvl. 48 (Too lazy to get the Labyrinth Obsidian Chest)

Survivor
Sep 02, 2013
Thanks to everyone that replied. I'll definitely try myth out to a higher level.

It's just a little harder to stay motivated because I'm not sure where myth fits in the grand scale of things (Ice being the tank, life being the healer, storm being the top damage, etc) but I'll definitely try to figure it out and learn the new style.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
Honestly myth isn't bad at all, in my opinion it does great in groups and destroys bosses, but players like myself stopped playing myth because for some reason KI decided they didn't want to give us any more minions. Honestly myth is my 2nd favorite class. But the fact that KI no longer gives us minions killed it for me and took away the unique feeling of being a myth.

Defender
Aug 04, 2014
Morgrim Darkflame on Feb 6, 2015 wrote:
Thanks to everyone that replied. I'll definitely try myth out to a higher level.

It's just a little harder to stay motivated because I'm not sure where myth fits in the grand scale of things (Ice being the tank, life being the healer, storm being the top damage, etc) but I'll definitely try to figure it out and learn the new style.
Myth is great because it can do all of these. Myth can train satyr and get life mastery and be a healer. It can get health and resist gear and be a tank. Myth already has third highest damage so they can get damage gear and be a hitter. Myth can even just boost others. You can get gear and pets that give extra blades and traps or use spirit blades to boost others. Myths are Balance 2.0s