Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Early AOE spells for Death and Life schools

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Of all the school taught AoEs, there is some serious lack of balance

Sandstorm @ L16
Power Nova @ L48
Ra @ L58

Scarecrow, @ L48, 7 pips
Khrulu @ L100

Meteor Strike @ L22
Scald @ end of Marley
Fire Dragon @ L48
Rain of Fire @ L68
Sun Serpent @ L88 (if you want to count this)

Blizzard @ L20
Frost Giant @ L48
Snow Angel @ L58

Forest Lord @ L58

Humungofrog @ L22
Earthquake @ L42
Mystic Colossus @ L100

Tempest @ L28
Storm Lord @ L48
Sirens @ L68
Glowbug Squal @ L100

Why did I post this info? Because, by the time Death gets its FIRST school trained spell, at L48, all the others get:

2 = Balance
1 = Death
3 = Fire
2 = Ice
0 = Life
2 = Myth
2 = Storm

and then, by the time life gets its ONLY AoE spell, at level 58, all others have:

3 = balance
1 = Death
3 = fire
3 = ice
1 = Life
2 = Myth
2 = Storm

And arguably, ice should NOT have many AoEs because it's more of a defensive school (IF we go with the stereotype). how does giving life or death an earlier AoE unbalance the game? If anything, it brings the game more in line with the other schools. Make it weaker based off of "general attack power" but dont withhold it just because "they should be weak" and "dont deserve it sooner". Who said we have to give death an earlier Life Sap spell? I think it's reasonable for death/life to get them earlier, and I do NOT think it would break the game in any way, shape, or form. oi think the ONLY thing it will do is make people cry about "how much easier it is" for life and death now, and to you i say, grow up

Life is NOT just for healing, death is NOT just for feinting, and Ice is NOT just for tanking, yet Ice gets as many AoEs than both Life and Death combined.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2014
Which is why I wanted to bring this topic up. My argument could have been better, but clearly as seen with this post I am not the only one who thinks that life and death should have earlier AOES that do damage. I've noticed a lot of you have stated that as life and death wizards we should just train in another school to get theirs. Apparently you have forgotten that mastery amulets are hard to come by at the beginning of the game. Yes I am aware that the power pip chance doesn't increase a lot until later on at higher levels with higher gear meaning that for the worlds like wizard city, krok and maybe marleybone one will have majority regular pips and be able to use the frog, or other spells but think about what you're telling us to do. You want us to waste training points on another school. Why do that when KI can just implement an earlier spell for life and death wizards to use in an update? Spells like deer knight is only craftable when you make to azteca because of the crafting level and number of reagents needed in order to produce it which may be able to help but by then on my lie I'll have Forest Lord and my death will have scarecrow so again we should not have to wait that long for an AOE hit even if the game can be played without one. This is for fairness not to make life or death op.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2010
Hmm, as a life wizard I do think we need an earlier aoe. Seraph is a good option, For lvl 48 all you get is rebirth.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2010
Life can also be a heavy hitter with the proper gear.

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
i'd like an AoE maybe like 200-300 4 pips
100 absorb on self
(keep in mind you'd get this at low levels)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
wizard508million on Feb 23, 2015 wrote:
i'd like an AoE maybe like 200-300 4 pips
100 absorb on self
(keep in mind you'd get this at low levels)
Potboiler does almost the exact same thing:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/TreasureCard:Potboiler

285 damage to all
Death shield to self
4 pips

The reason why I keep pushing for this spell, is because it's already in the game. Even if the learned version just does the damage, I'd be fine with it

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
I am Na life just started not too long ago like been sticking with it for a month. Now don't get me wrong love everything about life great school and etc, but....I totally agree with the multi-attack spells we need more of them and same go's as death. Also i feel like Life is more downgraded then the other classes, Like i am so obsessed with the new Shadow Enhanced Spells and all but when i was watching videos i have noticed that All the other school except life changes the whole background when you cast the spell not just the game floor. Like for example for lightning it changes the whole thing as like a forest and its awesome and amazing, but when i looked at the Life level 100 spell, I have noticed that the background doesn't even change only the floor of the spell and not that cool big BOOM! That all the other spells get, and not to forget to mention it is again not a multi-attack spell so that also kinda was a disappointment also. You barley get to see the awesome giant mutated butterfly like you get to catch like a quick glance. Other than that KI i love your game God bless you, Thank you, but plz try to read this it means a lot to me and other life and Death wizards out there, By all of this being said i totally agree with Early AOE Spells for Death and Life Schools

-Brandon Lifeblade