Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Secondary for Select Schools

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
Planning my wizard's secondary school is always a hard choice to make. Looking at other threads seeing what others have said often helps, and thinking about it on my own time, but i am stuck on what secondary to choose for my ice wizard and my myth wizard. Both schools lack power (in my opinion) so i was thinking storm maybe for both of them but that would be two lower accuracy schools together which i tend to not do. Also, storm is the opposite of myth so i couln't always turn to his secondary school if my myth opponet has a storm shield. So my question is, what would be the best secondary school for these two wizards and why? I don't have a balance wizard but i was wondering about that school too. Please leave your opinion below!
much appreciated!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
theurgistswag on Jan 21, 2015 wrote:
Planning my wizard's secondary school is always a hard choice to make. Looking at other threads seeing what others have said often helps, and thinking about it on my own time, but i am stuck on what secondary to choose for my ice wizard and my myth wizard. Both schools lack power (in my opinion) so i was thinking storm maybe for both of them but that would be two lower accuracy schools together which i tend to not do. Also, storm is the opposite of myth so i couln't always turn to his secondary school if my myth opponet has a storm shield. So my question is, what would be the best secondary school for these two wizards and why? I don't have a balance wizard but i was wondering about that school too. Please leave your opinion below!
much appreciated!
Storm is a huge mistake for either due to the high fizzle rate of their spells and your lack of ability to add to their accuracy. I made that mistake with my first wizard and ended up buying back training points. Although you should have a storm wand for Myth to break any shields when fighting a Myth opponent where you have cast prism.

For Ice, I use Life as a secondary. Ice is NOT weak at all, if played correctly. Life as a secondary will make you virtually unstoppable.

For Myth, I use either Ice or Fire. Myth is also not weak.

You need to learn the little nuances for each school and play to their strengths. No school is weak unless you make them so. My Life wizard, level 70 now, using her "weak" spells has soloed the game thus far.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Honestly, If I second, it's almost always in Life.

I seconded my Ice in Fire, so as not to waste the Elemental blades and traps though

Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
Hey :)

i'm not the best at battles and gear combination but i am decent and here is what i think is best

It Really Depends on your level and school and gear (universal or school specific)

Basic stuff you should get first is Tower Shield Infection Weakness Satyr

Assuming you have a mastery
Life - (Balance)
Storm - (Life)
Death - (Life) Or Myth
Myth - (Life)
Ice - (Life)
Fire - (Life)
Balance - (Life) (Myth)

Life is probably the best because of the variety of heals it offer. (Satyr)

Good Luck

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Using a "secondary" school for damage is usually a mistake. You want utility spells not attacks from training points.

Life to Sprite is good for a low pip heal. If you have a mastery amulet, Satyr is great.

Death to feint for boosting damage.

Spirit or elemental blades for another buff, and maybe traps. If you are supporting a team, train them all.

Sun damage boosts. You want them all the way to colossal.

Auras case by case. I use the damage and healing boosting one the most, but infallible is good when you have to pierce through resist.

If you do a lot of PvP, you'll need Reshuffle, and Ice up to Tower Shield. If you only quest, you won't need to train those but they aren't bad.