Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 1-16-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Lydia Greyrose is just LOVING the weather here lately, but I can't say I have. However, we saw the sun for the first time in over a week yesterday, and today, it's lovely. It must be Friday, and time for more feedback!

Today, let's talk about some of those spells. If you could add one “utility” spell (blade, trap, donate power, etc) to your Wizard, what would it be? The sky's the limit, but keep in mind that we want to keep the game fun and balanced! It may sound fun to give your Wizard an invulnerability spell that lasted forever, but then if everyone had one, the game wouldn't be much fun, right?

Looking forward to hearing your replies. Stay warm and toasty, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Trap and blade lock.

Like elucidate and simplify, this would make you need to decide if you want to use the spell earlier or make it more powerful. This would make you decide if you want to protect it from being stolen/destroyed instead of enchanting it with potent trap or sharpen blade.

Also, a suggestion with this idea. It'd be nice to have an icon on the blade for locked and one for sharpened blades/traps. Just to keep track.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
A balance prism and mass prism would be great to have!

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Remove shield for my school with the avail to train to remove shield for my convert school.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2012
Death - A mass feint that gives 50% universal trap to each enemy, and a 40% universal fuel on yourself (3 pips)
Balance - A 30% universal blade to target and 20% universal blade to all friends (3 pips)
Myth - 5% per pip blade (self only) and trap (to target)
Fire - Add extra tick to over time
Ice - Absorb 100 per pip to all friends
Life - 40% incoming heal ward to all friends (3 pips)
Storm - Super cleanse (gets rid of all negative charms on self and costs 3 pips)

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
I loved the Astral Blades and Traps that were leaked, Could bring some questions concluding to more Astral Spells that do damage? Possibly. I guess we'll have to see what the battle of Shadows and Light leads forward to in the 3rd Arc. Grandmother Raven FOR THE WIN

Survivor
May 02, 2011
I think it would be nice to have a boost on the spells like colossus but stronger since the next world will be harder. :D Plus, having a higher boost on the blades would help as well. :D

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
How about something to protect from earthquake for let's say, 4 rounds, so we don't lose blades? Or maybe, mass balance traps and prisms?

Survivor
Apr 01, 2009
a "Pet Sleep" / "Pet invigorate" spell. We can manipulate everything else these days.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2013
Survivor
May 16, 2009
We have a Steal Charm/Ward, but do we have a Transfer Charm/Ward? It would take a debuff (weakness, infection, etc.) or trap (firetrap, icetrap, I think we know) and throw it on an enemy of your choosing. Might be a bit OP with Efreet, Bad Juju, and Feint though .

Or maybe a reincarnation of Dampen Magic? (For those who don't know it's a retired Treasure Card that would limit everyone's pips) It could limit everyone only to regular pips? Power pip chance is getting extremely high in the endgame (especially with the new Darkmoor gear) If that's too powerful then maybe it could reduce your power pip chance by say... 40%?

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
I suppose this is more of an edit to a utility spell, but it would be nice if you were able to discern between enchanted traps and blades versus ones that aren't enchanted. Maybe make the enchanted ones a little darker? Or add a tiny circle of light around them. Just ANYTHING that would be helpful in being able to see which are which would be really great.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2011
I would add shatter to my Magus PVP wizard so when someone uses Ice armor I can get it off easier.
Andrea Ghost 69
Adrian StormCloud 50
Brooke StarBlade 30

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
Something that would temporarily boost the chance of shadow pips, or allowed you to convert a certain amount of power pips into shadow pips.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2014
something for the balance school a blade like a
Mystic Blade- +30% to next elemental spell (fire, ice, or storm)
Mighty Blade- +30% to next spirit spell (life, death, or myth)
this is not like an elemental blade or spirit blade where you get 3 blades no its just one blade that can work for one of the three classes listed depending on the spell casted

and maybe for fun for the storm school
Cosmic Blade- +20%, +40%, or +80% to next storm spell

btw i am bad at names sorry

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Something to block against pip-reduction / pip-stealing

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Donate Shadow Pip - cost one shadow and two regular (or one shadow, one power) pip. Gives a Shadow pip to a team mate.

IMO there should never be a Balance prism, or a "lock out" from Quake or Enfeeble. Those would ruin the unique qualities of each school.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2014
I think that balance should have a blade (and maybe a trap) that increases only balance spell damage. Right now all balance blades and traps are universal to all schools and every other school has a blade that increases their specific type, and balance is the only school that doesn't have blade that increases its specific school damage. I hope other wizards find this as a good idea, but then again this is my opinion

Survivor
Mar 20, 2011
I know I would love to see a 35 or 40% blade for balance like most of the other schools have

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
How about a higher level version of reshuffle that also puts itself back into the deck, like the old one used to do. It would be marked as No PVP of course.

Yeah, you knew I was going to start on that again eventually.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Falmea on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:
Lydia Greyrose is just LOVING the weather here lately, but I can't say I have. However, we saw the sun for the first time in over a week yesterday, and today, it's lovely. It must be Friday, and time for more feedback!

Today, let's talk about some of those spells. If you could add one “utility” spell (blade, trap, donate power, etc) to your Wizard, what would it be? The sky's the limit, but keep in mind that we want to keep the game fun and balanced! It may sound fun to give your Wizard an invulnerability spell that lasted forever, but then if everyone had one, the game wouldn't be much fun, right?

Looking forward to hearing your replies. Stay warm and toasty, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I have a few thoughts of new utility spells for a Balance Wizard in mind...

BALANCE - "Widespread Burn". Does 190 damage per Pip (380 for Power Pips) to all targets at once & destroys 4 Pips to all. Costs 6 Pips. All Sun spell damage enchantments apply. Requires "Mana Burn" to train.

BALANCE - "Hypernova". All target auras are destroyed at once, dealing 765 damage. Costs 4 Pips. All Sun spell damage enchantments apply. Requires "Supernova" to train.

Maybe I do have a new Shadow infused utility spell in mind for those who have trained Shadow Magic...

BALANCE - "Shadow Burn". Does 250 damage per Shadow Pip & 150 damage per Pip & destroys 1 Shadow Pip and 3 Pips. Costs 1 Shadow Pip and 4 Pips.

Anyone got ideas for new Shadow infused utility spells? They could be amazing to train with.

Survivor
May 12, 2010
How about a shield to protect against incoming Balance School spells? There's one for all the other schools.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Lenora, I like the blade saving idea you have and have thought about that myself.

WallyofPokemon, I have been a big supporter of opening up those triple blades/traps/shields from the Star and Moon schools. It would allow greater flexibility for dual classed wizards

Some ideas I've had floating around are:
  1. Prism Blade (suggested this past week)
  2. "Double Tap" traps where one spell give 2 traps that work for both hits of myth spells (yes, I know, there's very few of these)
  3. Mass traps (like Windstorm) for other schools
  4. Incoming Heal boosting traps (mentioned before)
  5. A new version of Fuel that worked on the 4 hit spells from fire (the initial hit then 3 DoTs)
  6. A quest reward that would allow us to permanently change one spell from a single hit to an AoE, or from an AoE to a single hit.
  7. Convert Blade - takes the first 3 off-school blades on you and converts them to a 10% primary school blade
  8. Donate Blade - takes non-primary school blades and donates them to your allies. It would do is take a blade off of you, half the bonus damage of the blade, and give it to an ally whose primary school would use it. The blade would stack on top of any other existing blades except for another of the same kind (sharpened and regular would stack properly)
  9. Convert DoT to single hit
  10. Convert Single hit to DoT
  11. Convert Single hit to "Double Tap" (myth school only)
  12. Convert "Double Tap" to single hit
  13. Convert Life Sap to damage only (death school only)
  14. Convert damage only to Life Sap (death school only)

That should be enough for now lol yes yes, I know, it wasnt ONE idea, but many of these would be really nice

Survivor
Sep 19, 2013
My spell "Wish upon a Star" would be a 0 Pip Sun School spell and like other Sun School spells when selected would modify another learned spell in the player's hand. The modification would be to replace the spell with a random equivalent Pip school spell. For example, say the player is Ice School and selects "Make a Wish" and selects an 4 Pip Ice Wyvern spell the Ice Wyvern would be replaced by a random 4 Pip Ice School Treasure Card spell like Blue Phoenix, Crystal Spider, Suten Sokkwi, etc. or even an Ice Wyvern Treasure Card boosting the Ice Wyvern's attach. The card would not be retained if not played beyond the current duel just like other cards modified by Sun School spells.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2013
Hello I am a lvl 85 wizard and I have been questing like crazy. But I wanted to talk to wiz about this spell that I've had on my mind for a long time. And now that finally have the chance to tell you guys I'm so excited. I've been thinking about a spell I like to call "mass feint" now you guys don't have to agree with the name but I'm hoping you guys will give the spell a chance. Now I was thinking that it would cost about 4 pips and do 65% damage to all opponents and 35% to you and only you. And enchanted it would do 75% damage to all opponents and 25% damage to you. That is it I hope you guys take my idea into consideration and thank you for your time.