Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cards...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 05, 2013
This is a suggestion to KI...

I have an idea.

So you're in battle, and you don't get the right cards when you need to. This happens to us all. But, is there really a solution?

I think we should be able to prioritize certain cards, to increase our chances of finding them in our deck. This will make it much easier to actually find the cards you need.

However, there should be a limit to how many cards you can prioritize, and that will depend on what deck it is, so you won't prioritize so many cards that you can't even find them.

This will make combat much less frustrating if we can get the right cards we need at the right time more efficiently.

If you think we should have this feature, let me know in the comments, even suggest things even better! This was just a little idea I had while battling, and I couldn't get the right cards hehe.

-just a regular wiz

Explorer
Jan 05, 2013
The answer you'll probably get is that you'd just need to set up your deck differently, but I agree there could be a "favorite" button that you can use once or twice per battle or maybe a 5-7 card hotlist in your deck that you can draw from non-randomly. Wizards have their "go to" spells like HP and expelliarmus.

This seems like it would be geared more towards PVP than PVE too (where I almost like the randomness) so there may be a lot of resistance there too .

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
There are many workarounds for this, but I sympathize. It's especially hard for Storm wizards to have to wait another round to get the cards they need, especially as they might not live through another round.

I think it would help if KI could add accuracy-enchant capabilities to support cards, so we could more easily prepare of treasure card stockpile blades, traps in case the RNG gives us a bad hand.

Now, these aren't solutions, per se, but I'd suggest some of the following strategies to help you in the meantime:
  • Right now, you can't control what appears in your deck, but you can control what appears in your side deck. Use treasure card version of the cards you are trying to find.
  • Additionally, you can create your own treasure cards before you go questing by enchanting your hits, traps, and blades with Colossal/Gargantuan, Potent Trap, and Sharpened Blade treasure cards, respectively.
  • Make sure you aren't carrying too many cards in your main deck. If you're questing, it should really never be completely full (as many players think).

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
You have a great idea Sarah!

I've suggested in the past, two different ways decks can be better organized so attack, support, healing and defensive spells always come up in a particular order:

The first two cards are attack cards, the second card is a support card, the third card is defensive, and the last two cards are for healing.

Or

Players select what type of card will appear in each slot

When attack cards run out; support and defensive spells will get the empty spots.

Its not a perfect system; but it will allow players to better manage their spells. After all, we're all powerful wizards (or will be one day), and as powerful as we are or may be; we're relying on random spells to appear in the heat of battle; instead of already knowing what spells we'd select; right...