Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Explain the Shadow Web to me

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I've been reading Khrysalis dialogues on Central and there is something I just don't understand. Why is the Shadow Web so bad? What even is it? Why does Morganthe want to create it?

Explorer
Feb 05, 2011
Hey there! I would love to explain the Shadow Web to you. The Shadow Web is Morganthe's new universe that she is trying to build. She wants it to be shadow and her power only. It is so bad because it will destroy everything else in the Spiral, including us, wizards. Morganthe wants to create it because she wants to have complete control of the Spiral, much like Malistaire. She is basically rebuilding the Spiral in her own image. I hoped this helped, and have fun with Khrysalis!

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Jared Shadowbreake... on Jan 7, 2015 wrote:
Hey there! I would love to explain the Shadow Web to you. The Shadow Web is Morganthe's new universe that she is trying to build. She wants it to be shadow and her power only. It is so bad because it will destroy everything else in the Spiral, including us, wizards. Morganthe wants to create it because she wants to have complete control of the Spiral, much like Malistaire. She is basically rebuilding the Spiral in her own image. I hoped this helped, and have fun with Khrysalis!
Thank you very much! This really did help.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Jared Shadowbreake... on Jan 7, 2015 wrote:
I'm not sure it's just that. The orbs quest imply that maybe the Shadow Web is some sort of power that stretches throughout the Spiral having something to do with Old Cob.

"The Shadow Web hums and stretches beyond the stars, touching all the Spiral with Spider's welcoming arms.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
wraithcaster on Jan 19, 2015 wrote:
I'm not sure it's just that. The orbs quest imply that maybe the Shadow Web is some sort of power that stretches throughout the Spiral having something to do with Old Cob.

"The Shadow Web hums and stretches beyond the stars, touching all the Spiral with Spider's welcoming arms.
Then you should explain the Shadow Web to me.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
NeoNebula17 on Jan 22, 2015 wrote:
Then you should explain the Shadow Web to me.
Well, that's really all we have right now period. That was information found in Khrysalis part 2, and the orb prophecies have never been explained yet.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
wraithcaster on Jan 22, 2015 wrote:
Well, that's really all we have right now period. That was information found in Khrysalis part 2, and the orb prophecies have never been explained yet.
It's the Grand Prophecy.
Verse 1: The First World was a decent place, nothing much to worry about.
Verse 2: Grandmother Raven and (possibly) Old Cob had a dispute likely about the power of Shadow, how it can alter reality and how it is easy to lose yourself with so much power. Raven eventually won, and "locked the Shadows away" as described by Atlach-Leng in Khrysalis part 1. This is possibly how Old Cob ended up in the Black Hole.
Verse 3: Spider (Old Cob, maybe) doesn't like being forced into a hole, so Raven put him into a sleep. His dreams (or thoughts, maybe he created them willingly) sent out some power of Shadow to the Mortal World, allowing the training of Shadow (such as we did). And the power of Shadow is volatile, something bad is likely to happen when put in the wrong hands (i.e. Morganthe).
This is when the purpose becomes a bit hazy and highly debatable (from here on really). I will continue to give you my interpretation, but please remember it is my interpretation and undoubtedly missing some accuracy.
Verse 4: A Child (likely us) sails the Starfall Sea (referred to as "Shadow Sea" possibly because Morganthe has tainted it with the destructibility of Shadow). The Spiral has many surprises in store for this sailor, the biggest one being Old Cob.
Verse 5: Morganthe's piece of the Prophecy, likely intertwined with us as well. We've been hearing this since Pre-Celestia. Mirror Lake, Horn of Huracan, Shadows I strike is still up for debate (some think it's Xibalba, maybe it's her/us learning Shadow, maybe us meeting Old Cob), and then the sky literally falls from under Morganthe, killing(?) her.
Verse 6: This is the most ominous of them all. Personally I'm not too sure of what it means, possibly relating to the Third Story Arc. My basic assumption is how Old Cob released his "children" to do whatever it is he was telling him to do.
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Shades_of_Shadow#tab=Quest_Dialogue - the Grand Prophecy is here is you are curious which verse is which.

Defender
May 09, 2010
Yes, Morganthe did have a role in the Shadow web Prophecy...but I believe she was but a pawn in something even bigger.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
lettup on Jan 24, 2015 wrote:
Yes, Morganthe did have a role in the Shadow web Prophecy...but I believe she was but a pawn in something even bigger.
Morganthe? A pawn? Wow, that would be interesting.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
NeoNebula17 on Feb 1, 2015 wrote:
Morganthe? A pawn? Wow, that would be interesting.
Furthermore, if Mr. Old Cob is bold enough to make a move like that, how strong is Old Cob!?