Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making the Perfect Pet

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 05, 2011
Hey Guys!
It's Jared Shadowbreaker here!!! Again... LOL
Anyways, today I wanna talk to y'all about making the perfect pet. I know pet training is a total pain, and it takes a lot of time and effort. However, the real challenge is making the PERFECT pet. Before we dive in, let's talk about what a pefrect pet is. A perfect pet is a pet that has all the talents you want. Simple but stable definition. My dream pet or perfect pet talents: Triple Damage, Life Striker, and Fairy Friend. Yes, I know a lot of people don't like having a heal in their perfect pet, but hey, better be safe than sorry right? Next you need to decide what the appearence of your pet is going to be. If you haven't noticed already, making a perfect pet is a lot like stitching gear. However, you don't need a needle and thread to "stitch" your pets. This is also called hatching if you don't like my sense of humor. Once you pick which kind of pet you want for your appearence, its time to move on with life. Mine is the Polar Fox pet in case you were wondering. Now, you need to train that pet to adult. Next, go to the hatchery and find a pet that has most of the talents you want. Hatch with them. Hopefully the pet that hatched from the egg is the appearence you want. Yea I know, this gets confusing. Now, train the new pet. Keep training it until you get a talent you don't want. Now hatch with someone that has the talents you want. Repeat the process. It will take some time and gold,
But soon, you will have your perfect pet. If you have mega snacks, use them. If not, farm mirror lake or start gardening. I am looking forward to seeing y'all ask questions in the comments and help each other out. If you have other strategies or questions, put it in a comment. As always, I love to hear what my readers have to say! Thanks so much for stopping by, and I look forward to seeing y'all in the Spiral!
~Jared Shadowbreaker
Exalted Life Wizard
"Nature's Fury can take Control of the Battle"

Defender
Dec 25, 2011
i am currently training my perfect pet which i might get a lot of healing spells(Thanks a lot for breeding with me!:D) so far i have infalliable may cast

Defender
Dec 25, 2011
i also suggest feeding your unwanted items to your pet to increase the may cast chance so far it has worked for me.

Explorer
Feb 05, 2011
Alexandra PearlBlo... on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
i also suggest feeding your unwanted items to your pet to increase the may cast chance so far it has worked for me.
Hello,
Great idea!!! I haven't tried that out before. I have also noticed that of you have the same pet equipped longer the may cast chance is higher. Thanks for commenting!!

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Jared Shadowbreake... on Jan 9, 2015 wrote:
Hello,
Great idea!!! I haven't tried that out before. I have also noticed that of you have the same pet equipped longer the may cast chance is higher. Thanks for commenting!!
Neither feeding items to your pet nor having it equipped for a longer time actually increases the chance of it casting a spell.

Explorer
Feb 05, 2011
lewski on Jan 9, 2015 wrote:
Neither feeding items to your pet nor having it equipped for a longer time actually increases the chance of it casting a spell.
Hello,
Thank you so much for commenting! I know they don't really have an effect; it just seems like they do.

Defender
Dec 25, 2011
Alexandra PearlBlo... on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
i am currently training my perfect pet which i might get a lot of healing spells(Thanks a lot for breeding with me!:D) so far i have infalliable may cast
I meant Miranda NightSinger when i was saying thanks in ().