Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Skelly key??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 03, 2009
I just got a skeliton key from beating a hard dungen, but I don't know how to use it... I need help please..

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
In some of the dungeons there are doors with a skeleton on it, go to that door and unlock the door with the key you have.

Logan RavenSlinger 58

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
WizMaster066 on Nov 28, 2014 wrote:
I just got a skeliton key from beating a hard dungen, but I don't know how to use it... I need help please..
In the new dungeons, there are doors with locks on them.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2009
They open special locked doors which either contain a loot chest, or a really tough boss to fight that you get good gear from

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Inside some of the new dungeons are locks that correspond to the different key types. If you have a key you can walk up to it and unlock it, using up the key. It will either open a treasure or start a fight that you will get drops from. They give some very powerful crown item drops sometimes.

Defender
Dec 25, 2011
WizMaster066 on Nov 28, 2014 wrote:
well depends on what key you got, there are bronze,stone, and gold skeleton keys. each key is required for certain dungeons for the four dungeons event. there are skeleton locks that are certain colors for certain keys
the locks are only found in the four dungeons event dungeons.

More information can be found on: http://www.duelist101.com/news/updates/wizard101-skeleton-keys/

level requirements for the dungeons: https://www.wizard101.com/game/worlds/four-dungeons

Hope This helped,
Alexandra PearlBlossom Level 66

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
they will open doors in dungeons with keys made from the same type of material (ie. wood, gold, etc...).

Once used, everyone on your team can access the room to either fight a boss or obtain treasure.

However, once you use the key, its lost forever; so make sure to enter the unlocked space...

...because once you leave the dungeon, you'll have to find another key to access the same space again!

Some of the bosses you fight have their own unique challenges (some bosses cheat) so do a little research online and by talking to other players, to discover best fit ways to approach fighting them.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
The new dungeons (or Darkmoor at least, haven't done the rest) have doors with huge locks that can be opened with the keys, I don't remember if the lock just opens when you go near it or if you get to choose whether you want to open it or not, I saw a video but haven't visited any doors myself. Using a key also consumes it if I remember correctly.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
in the dungeon, there are some rooms that can only be opened with a skeleton key,. you can do the dungeon all over again and use it if you like, but that is what it's for. the doors that can be opened only with this key have a pulsing skeleton on the front
hope i was a help!!!
katie frostflower lvl 50 in dragonspyre

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
The skelly key is the key to go to the skeleton face on the lock door in these dungeons
Logan RavenSlinger 58