Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What happened before "The Spiral"?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
I know, this is a little bit off topic but...
A question popped into my head one day...what happened before the spiral formed? (Kind of like what happened before 'The Big Bang'. Was there a giant planet or something that crashed into another, exploding into hundred of tiny floating islands? Something along those lines?

Oh well it's just a little something I wanted to share!

~Autumn Moonstone lvl 59

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
i don't know, maybe when the world was created, an alter- world,( the spiral) was created with it so that we have a fiction and fact universes.
katie frostflower, lvl 50

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Before the Spiral, there was the First World, but, due to the war between the Dragons, Tritons and Giants, the First World was ripped apart and the Spiral was formed. All the worlds are fragments of the First World. Also, if I remember correctly, Bartleby had something to do with the fragments forming the Spiral, but I'm not quite sure. But that leaves us with another question: What, if anything, was there before the First World? Or had the First World just always existed?

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
Nice question, never really thought of that. perhaps one day they will give us a back story?

Explorer
Jan 12, 2012
lewski on Nov 29, 2014 wrote:
Before the Spiral, there was the First World, but, due to the war between the Dragons, Tritons and Giants, the First World was ripped apart and the Spiral was formed. All the worlds are fragments of the First World. Also, if I remember correctly, Bartleby had something to do with the fragments forming the Spiral, but I'm not quite sure. But that leaves us with another question: What, if anything, was there before the First World? Or had the First World just always existed?
I think that the story was that Bartleby used the Song of Creation to create the First World.(The same Song of Creation that Morganthe wanted to learn from the Lords of Night.) If you recall the quest "A Potion for Bartleby" that Ambrose gave us way back in Wizard City, Bartleby said in his dialogue: "Must hold onto the First World until...Oh, it's so hard for me to remember things. My mind is not as clear as it once was..." On an off-topic note, in this quest Ambrose also tells us that Malistaire is the one who stole Bartleby's Eye of History. My only two questions here are:

#1: Why is it that we never found the Eye of History?

#2:Bartleby said he must hold onto the First World until... and then forgot what he was going to say. So my second question is, until what?