Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire pet Questions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
Hi all,
I am wondering what most think are the best talents for a fire pet: resists, damage, heals, a mix of all three (or some other talent combinations)?

I have a Blaze Beast which I like quite a lot (it Sprites reasonably often). However, I hate the buff minion card that comes up all too often (in duels and in hatching). The extra pips are ok, but I would rather have better.

I also have a Sun Serpent, and I love the damage potential. I have been trying to get the Spritely onto the Serpent, but I am beginning to suspect he cannot learn that talent. Other than Spritely, the Blaze Beast doesn't seem to offer much, so the Serpent appears to be the best ultimate option (if I can get healing and resist added to the damage).

I am looking for advice in several areas:
Am I aiming for the right talent combinations?
Can I get what I want on a Sun Serpent?
Are there any means of discerning whether desired talents (Spritely, in this case) have transferred before training to, say, Epic? I notice that talents can change slots after a hatch, so it seems difficult to tell exactly what has transferred to the hatch. I've read the genealogy guide, but man is that confusing!

Thanks for any tips!

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
this all depends on your need and what you are doing.

for example I mostly focus on death

I have a perfect pet a storm beetle with proof,defy,fairy,healing current, pain giver
an all damage pet 9,6,6,3,3 for farming
working on a more damage pet as well red ghost with 9,6,6 cast blade and cast death aura Virluence
when tanking i have a resist pet to acompany my jade outfit
I have a triple critical, fairy, ace cast pet as well for pushing limits.

many will say the perfect pet for fire is the 98 quest pet with proof, fairy and 9 , 6 ,6 damage thats a very well rounded pet if you can manage it.

you can get any talents you want in any model pet with some hatching luck. sometimes you can get perfect in a single hatch sometimes it can take 100's of fails to get it right. Sometimes we just give up on the idea after too many fails e.g the right talents but in the wrong pet model for example.

Explorer
Jan 23, 2014
Kane Starflame on Nov 23, 2014 wrote:
Hi all,
I am wondering what most think are the best talents for a fire pet: resists, damage, heals, a mix of all three (or some other talent combinations)?

I have a Blaze Beast which I like quite a lot (it Sprites reasonably often). However, I hate the buff minion card that comes up all too often (in duels and in hatching). The extra pips are ok, but I would rather have better.

I also have a Sun Serpent, and I love the damage potential. I have been trying to get the Spritely onto the Serpent, but I am beginning to suspect he cannot learn that talent. Other than Spritely, the Blaze Beast doesn't seem to offer much, so the Serpent appears to be the best ultimate option (if I can get healing and resist added to the damage).

I am looking for advice in several areas:
Am I aiming for the right talent combinations?
Can I get what I want on a Sun Serpent?
Are there any means of discerning whether desired talents (Spritely, in this case) have transferred before training to, say, Epic? I notice that talents can change slots after a hatch, so it seems difficult to tell exactly what has transferred to the hatch. I've read the genealogy guide, but man is that confusing!

Thanks for any tips!
Kane,

Here's a little guide on some of the more "desirable" pet talents:
http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-gear-guides/top-ten-pet-talents-for-pvp-wizard101/

Good luck!