Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should Ki Improve/update Wizard City?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2014
And by update i mean like update in Graphics and stuff like that..Wizard city is one of the oldest worlds in the game.And we seen some changes/updates before..minor ones.. but i think wizard city is not really Vivid if you know what i mean..Pirate101 is a newish game and i get why it has the improved graphics and other minor things too. but i'm just saying could we improve maybe the commons? or The main parts of wizard city..I know Kingsisle is probably very busy thinking and working on new ideas or worlds and stuff for the game but do you think we should? if so what if not why?..

-Thanks.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Graphics seem pretty good in most parts of Wizard City. Can you think of some specific places they need improvement?
I was thinking Krokotopia would be a better target for a revamp. While other worlds show off diverse architecture, Krokotopia is largely made up of blocky rooms and hallways. The Hall of Champions looks nothing like a Coliseum. Too many recycled boss rooms. The objects in the worlds aren't built to be as big as the storyline makes them out to be (the Frozen Forge is, I'm sorry, pitiful). It feels very primitive in comparison to the other worlds. Don't get me wrong, there are good points in that world too--I loved the Frozen Lake, for example.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
AustinHawkShard on Nov 19, 2014 wrote:
And by update i mean like update in Graphics and stuff like that..Wizard city is one of the oldest worlds in the game.And we seen some changes/updates before..minor ones.. but i think wizard city is not really Vivid if you know what i mean..Pirate101 is a newish game and i get why it has the improved graphics and other minor things too. but i'm just saying could we improve maybe the commons? or The main parts of wizard city..I know Kingsisle is probably very busy thinking and working on new ideas or worlds and stuff for the game but do you think we should? if so what if not why?..

-Thanks.
No, sorry.
This is not Pirates and should not be compared to it.
Wizard is pretty much perfect the way it is; why would KI waste a massive amount of time revamping something that works well and is enjoyed by 40 million+ users? Sorry, I don't see the need.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Yes I agree with you the commons and honestly the whole game does need a graphics update, but prepare to be lambasted by people who don't agree....well lambasted might be a bit of a hyperbole.
I do think that the current graphics are charming in their own way though.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2013
I dont think wizard city should be improved. The graphics in pirate101 are bad, (no offense) hard to see, bright, and dont have sharp outlines like in wizzy.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
In my humble opinion Wizard City should be left alone.
In actuality, in the lives of most wizards, Wizard City is basically a long tutorial and then it becomes the area they have to run through to get to the Bazaar or the Pet Pavilion. Once you get done with the preliminary questing in WC and its outlying areas - Firecat Alley, Colossus Blvd. etc - and you level enough to progress to Krokotopia, WC just becomes a way-point. There are exceptions of course like the folks who like to hang around and kibitz or beg or show off their mounts. But they aren't there for the scenery.
If I could choose where KI should tweak the graphics I'd opt for some of the weaker spell animations. (Snow Angel comes to mind)
Also, if the graphics are improved in WC it's going to cause a bigger hit on the graphic resources of your computer in an area that is generally one of the most populous in the game. More stuttering and jerking.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
RavenLady777 on Nov 19, 2014 wrote:
No, sorry.
This is not Pirates and should not be compared to it.
Wizard is pretty much perfect the way it is; why would KI waste a massive amount of time revamping something that works well and is enjoyed by 40 million+ users? Sorry, I don't see the need.
i agree with you why would they spend a lot of time. I'd rather see them improve on cards and the newest stuff instead of areas where it is almost perfect

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
ValdusGhostsword on Nov 20, 2014 wrote:
I dont think wizard city should be improved. The graphics in pirate101 are bad, (no offense) hard to see, bright, and dont have sharp outlines like in wizzy.
Don't compare W101 to Pirates101 because pirates is a new game and its going to have problems, so just wait some time and let KI deal with it.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
Psh, Wizard City isn't old, it's classic.
But some other worlds could use some revamping. *cough * Krokotopia, Mooshu, the streets of Marleybone *cough*