Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

suggestions for death gear.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 15, 2013
can any other death wizards tell me what is the best gear to get for a lvl 86 death wizard.
this also includes athames, rings, and amulets.also it doesn't matter if it's dropped or
crafted.

thank you

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Hangman's Hood and Cape (Waterworks)
Brightwing Boots (crafted)
Apocalypto Ring (drop from various bosses) == upgrade to Alpha at 90
Topaz Bear Claw (crafted) or Lexicon (drop) -- upgrade to Storm Caiman's at 88, or Felled Titan (best) at 90
Brutal Ice Arrow

Pet with Spell Proof, Death Dealer, Death Sniper (or Sharp Shot), Pain Giver, Spell Defy. Best if it gives Feint, blade, Red Ghost, or Sharpen card(s)

There are lots of other things that work, and something else might work better for certain styles of play, but that was my favourite for all around and solo at that level.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
my setup is very similar to dakota's;

hangman's hood (waterworks)
hangman's cape (waterworks): upgrade to raiment of the cataclysm (crafted) at level 96.
bright wing boots (86 crafted): upgrade to frosted mantis footgear (crafted) at level 96.

misty mountain mandolin (level 80 version, some pack once~ i might upgrade this eventually)
apocalypto ring (86+ drop)
golden eagle's razor beak (level 86 crafted)
barbarian philosopher's mark (level 75+ drop)
lords of night pyramid deck (86 drop): upgrade to gallery of the woebegone (dropped) at level 93.

pet: adult shadow beast (haven't done much work on him) with sprite and proof.

-

despite farming for over a year on 3 wizards, i have had absolutely no luck with level 90 elite gear drops, so this works pretty well in the interim.

-von
exalted