Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game overall speed

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 19, 2009
I think a total game revamp would be a great idea. Along with faster bazaar loading times and even faster area loading speeds and quicker realm switching speeds. At the present time It takes about 2.5 seconds to switch realms, it should just take about 1 at the least. Also bazaar loading time is slow. Takes an average of 5 seconds to load the hats section alone,(other friends have 8 to 10 seconds on there slow computers). A total Speed revamp of the game would be really awesome and also it would help Other players who have much slower Computers and someone who can't really enjoy the game as well as some can.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
You're correct, Wiz101 has gone a long time without any major graphical and user-interface updates.

Part of that seems to be due to a particular marketing philosophy--that is, if KI has made a feature in the game, they're rarely going to improve it even if the case for improvement is obvious.

The other part is that players can't really make mods for Wiz101. The files are too well-protected. I think it is interesting how many older games have fans who actually possess good game development skills, and they put hours and hours into improving graphics and effects, then release them to the public so everyone gets to enjoy a more in-depth gaming experience. But Wiz101 interface makes modding very difficult, and not to mention against their terms of service, punishable by permaban.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Maycast on Sep 25, 2014 wrote:
I think a total game revamp would be a great idea. Along with faster bazaar loading times and even faster area loading speeds and quicker realm switching speeds. At the present time It takes about 2.5 seconds to switch realms, it should just take about 1 at the least. Also bazaar loading time is slow. Takes an average of 5 seconds to load the hats section alone,(other friends have 8 to 10 seconds on there slow computers). A total Speed revamp of the game would be really awesome and also it would help Other players who have much slower Computers and someone who can't really enjoy the game as well as some can.
The game is fine and is not in need of a 'revamp' for this issue. My computer is "old" - 5 years old, and I have no problems with lag, or waiting and extra 1.5 seconds for something to load. Seriously?

I just don't see KI spending time and money on this when the game functions perfectly well as is.

FYI, I revamp may actually make things worse for old computers . If it's not broke...

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You cannot simply wave a wand and magically make the game load faster on people's slow computers or slow internet connections.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
If Wiz101 had modding capabilities, players could create faster loading interfaces for free and make them open to the public. Not a magic wand, but it would work.