Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New idea for upcoming expansions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2014
Now who knows if there is going to be any new level cap, but sure enough there will be a new "area" or "world". As rewards we always obtain new spell and/or new pets for our accomplishments, but I was thinking, what if this time, as a reward its not just a spell, its new weapon rewards that can either come as "drops" or simply as a quest reward for finishing the "area" or "world".

As a general idea I was thinking that every school should have it's own unique school weapon that symbolizes their school, but is still epic to use, rather then just stitching cause it looks like complete rubbish. Each weapon should look unique and different, and will come with a spell card, now not just any normal spell card, I mean a fully, new, non-generic spell card, that instead of doing a simple wand hit, actually does a spell animation attack, but instead of a creature/monster attacking, it's you.

Now the weapons shall come with wand hits, but the main point is to obtain a school specific spell card, that you can choose either does 1. X damage per pip or 2. Damage relevant to the school e.g (Storm would be strongest, while life being weakest damage sort of thing.) Now what makes these animations interesting, is that instead of summoning a minotaur, or a evil snowman, or simply many gnomes that combine together into one giant one, you, the wizard of ravenwood's school of magical arts, piles a huge animation of damage upon the opponent. I think we could do it, we came all this way, through many tough worlds, through many impossible to kill cheating bosses, just to get another lousy summon spell, I think we the wizard's, should do the animation, and in thought of this, I have come up with a few examples.

School:Storm
Weapons: Storm blades/Swords/Daggers/Whatever you want
Animation: After casting the spell, the player rises into the air kinda like magneto if you have seen x-men, with his/her blades spinning around him, once he meets the center of the circle, the blades rise into the air, into storm clouds, the player then pulls lighting out of the clouds and either 1. shoots the lighting towards the target 2. Hands become electrified, catches the blades which then become fully electrified, and then attacks the target.

School: Fire
Weapons: Fire Gauntlets(Just something to put in mind, sounded pretty interesting to have)
Animation: After casting the spell, the player summons meteors into the circle that damage the ground leaving cracks, the player then jumps to the center and breaks apart the ground exposing lava, the player can either 1. Levitate rocks on fire out of the lava, then send them at the target 2. Light his/her gauntlets on fire from a nearby meteor and create a fiery bridge of rocks and run at the target and hit them 3. Light his/her gauntlets on fire from a nearby meteor and send a fireball at the target.

Just some interesting ideas, leave a reply about what you hate/like about it, gives some suggestions if you want aswell.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
you certainly have some interesting ideas here. While the Magneto graphics would look SWEET (especially if you've seen the 90's cartoon), I'm afraid there could be huge copy-write issues. I think, in order to minimize the database of graphics, we could have a set pattern, where the only thing different was the attack. Example:

Wizard casts the school symbol (already programmed into the game, nothing new here)
Wizard rises up out of the center and lands on a small patch of something representing their school (storm on a storm cloud, fire over lava, ice over snow, etc)
Hands glow the school color and then out of the wizards hands would come school specific beams hitting the opponent.

Just a thought.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Ice wizards could throw snowballs and death school wizards could throw a grenade.
Tara

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Love your idea!
Perhaps Life Wizards could throw wooden spikes (representing trees which is very much a part of this school's symbology)
Myth Wizards could possibly launch a giant hand that represents the hand of a giant that symbolically squashes the enemy.
Balance could conjure up a Judgement ghost that has three spirit traps in one scale and elemental traps in the other after the scale balances itself a random spirit bolt or elemental bolt is hurled.
The only problem I can see doesn't come from your idea but from the cost in terms of new content for KI to upload to the servers ( a cost) and then for us to download in a patch (another cost) but having said that I think you've come up with a pretty unique idea

Survivor
Aug 12, 2014
@dayerider Yeah it does seem a bit big, a lot of new graphics would have to be implanted into the game, but i like your idea, short and sweet, just wanted kingsisle to try something new, thought it would be interesting to actually hit them yourselves instead of a monster/creature, but not just a lousy wand hit, an actual animation

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
MrUnreliable on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
@dayerider Yeah it does seem a bit big, a lot of new graphics would have to be implanted into the game, but i like your idea, short and sweet, just wanted kingsisle to try something new, thought it would be interesting to actually hit them yourselves instead of a monster/creature, but not just a lousy wand hit, an actual animation
absolutely, and this would give those asking for a different "no wand" attack something :)

Survivor
Aug 12, 2014
@dayerider I have just remembered, Aquila, The Gods have their own physical attack animation, that's what I'm trying to get at, picture when we cast our school symbol, we do an animation just like the Gods,