Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life Deck

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Hi everyone! I am a life wizard, Katie Watergem, and I have been feeling lately that my spells are pretty much weak. I mean yes life isn't supposed to be the strongest, but if there are any life wizards or secondary can you maybe give me tips on what I should put in my deck. Like how many of what, what spells, etc. Thanks!

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
What level? For questing or PvP? Solo or with a team?

If you mean general PvE, my mob deck is 2 each Lifeblade, Forest Lord, Colossal, with a Shango and pet blade. Add prisims if fighting life. Add Amplify and/or traps vs Myth or others that can take blades.

For bosses I add traps, feint, spirit blade, and healing if I expect to take lots of damage or need to help someone. That's about it. Add Sharpen blade when you get it.

TC side deck always has reshuffle, cleanse, and pierce unless I need something special. Adjust as needed.

Blade, blade, enchanted Lord, or Aura, blade, enchanted Lord should do it for most fights. Your deck can usually be that simple.

Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
Defender
Jun 15, 2013
For attacks, Life is a bit weak. But you could try using a school with stronger attack cards as your secondary, like Storm or Fire. But you would have to put up with their lower conjure rate. A far amount of Storm cards are rated 70 and 75 percent and some of those are the strongest. Fire does better with 80 and 85 percent. Myth has some really good cards and their rate, if I recall correctly, is about the same as Fire. If I were a Life wizard, I'd let Death be my secondary school. That is, if fizzling is an issue for you.

You'd last a long time in a fight with Death as back up. As a Balance wizard, my secondary schools are Life and Death, and I did that because fizzling really works my nerves. I don't like fights to go on for a long time. But when they do start to drag on, I can last a good long while, and Life and Death have the best conjure rates. Life is number 1 and Death is 2nd in conjure rates. Balance is either 3rd or 4th, and I still manage to deal a lot of damage with those 2 as my back ups.

In the end, what path you take depends on what is most important to you. Less fizzling, strong cards, lasting a long time in fights, etc.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
Hi, I am currently a level 88 wizard and I'd be happy to help
but in order to help I would need to know:
-your level
-spells trained with training points
-your current deck
-any other issues you face as a life wizard

Chrispearlstaff, Archmage Theurgist

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
My life wizard is level 38. (i am actually working on a quest to get a new healing spell to fight plague oni.)

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
zorua9999 on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
Hi, I am currently a level 88 wizard and I'd be happy to help
but in order to help I would need to know:
-your level
-spells trained with training points
-your current deck
-any other issues you face as a life wizard

Chrispearlstaff, Archmage Theurgist
I am a level 38. Storm is my second school. The last storm spell I got was the dark wind. My deck is the deck of deliberation. My issues as a life.... pretty much everything lol. Whenever I pvp I always lose..even again someone with 1000 health in 1vs1 and i am 1700. Dueling is sorta hard. The highest I soloed was two enemies with 1000 health and another with 2000. Thanks!

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Prince of Shadows on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
What level? For questing or PvP? Solo or with a team?

If you mean general PvE, my mob deck is 2 each Lifeblade, Forest Lord, Colossal, with a Shango and pet blade. Add prisims if fighting life. Add Amplify and/or traps vs Myth or others that can take blades.

For bosses I add traps, feint, spirit blade, and healing if I expect to take lots of damage or need to help someone. That's about it. Add Sharpen blade when you get it.

TC side deck always has reshuffle, cleanse, and pierce unless I need something special. Adjust as needed.

Blade, blade, enchanted Lord, or Aura, blade, enchanted Lord should do it for most fights. Your deck can usually be that simple.
Well both I guess. I just want to be good. I did actually keep a deck for pvp just in case. So maybe you could tell me for both? Thanks! Level 38. I do have a balance reshuffle btw.

Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
I have a level 39 wizard. I don't pvp, so I don't know a whole lot about that. If you are talking about pve, I could help you. First, you will need to go to bazaar and by gear that will increase your damage, power pips, and health.
As for deck setup, this is what you could do without secondary schools.
3 Satyrs
3 Fairies
You will be good on heals with those
4 Life blades
3 Life traps
3 or 4 Seraphs
3 or 4 Centaurs
If you are fighting a boss, put in 4 shields of the boss's school.
Put these in if you own them
3 feints
4 tower shields
3 Spirit Blades

The Sky Iron Hasta is a great wand, and I would recommend getting it.

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
boom459 on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
I have a level 39 wizard. I don't pvp, so I don't know a whole lot about that. If you are talking about pve, I could help you. First, you will need to go to bazaar and by gear that will increase your damage, power pips, and health.
As for deck setup, this is what you could do without secondary schools.
3 Satyrs
3 Fairies
You will be good on heals with those
4 Life blades
3 Life traps
3 or 4 Seraphs
3 or 4 Centaurs
If you are fighting a boss, put in 4 shields of the boss's school.
Put these in if you own them
3 feints
4 tower shields
3 Spirit Blades

The Sky Iron Hasta is a great wand, and I would recommend getting it.
Thanks so much! Hopefully my deck is big enough! We're actually same level now cause I did a lot of questing in Mooshu today! I don't have feints, tower shields, and I don't know about spirit shields, but I will try! ( i think I have the sky iron hasta isn't the drop you get in aquila? I still have to defeat zeus lol.)

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Alexan580 on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
For attacks, Life is a bit weak. But you could try using a school with stronger attack cards as your secondary, like Storm or Fire. But you would have to put up with their lower conjure rate. A far amount of Storm cards are rated 70 and 75 percent and some of those are the strongest. Fire does better with 80 and 85 percent. Myth has some really good cards and their rate, if I recall correctly, is about the same as Fire. If I were a Life wizard, I'd let Death be my secondary school. That is, if fizzling is an issue for you.

You'd last a long time in a fight with Death as back up. As a Balance wizard, my secondary schools are Life and Death, and I did that because fizzling really works my nerves. I don't like fights to go on for a long time. But when they do start to drag on, I can last a good long while, and Life and Death have the best conjure rates. Life is number 1 and Death is 2nd in conjure rates. Balance is either 3rd or 4th, and I still manage to deal a lot of damage with those 2 as my back ups.

In the end, what path you take depends on what is most important to you. Less fizzling, strong cards, lasting a long time in fights, etc.
Thank! I'll keep death in mind.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
FunWizzygirl100 on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
Hi everyone! I am a life wizard, Katie Watergem, and I have been feeling lately that my spells are pretty much weak. I mean yes life isn't supposed to be the strongest, but if there are any life wizards or secondary can you maybe give me tips on what I should put in my deck. Like how many of what, what spells, etc. Thanks!
I played my Life wizard mainly solo though the end of Zafaira. I found 2 deck set ups helped, one for mobs one for boss battles but kept both of them minimal so as not to waste rounds in battle with nothing to do but discard. Reshuffle is ok but by then I had tons of TC's I could fall back on, sell ones I didn't want for ones I did etc.. I don't think I have ever had more then one sprite and one satyr in my deck unless I was doing waterworks and put rebirths in.

I also trained secondary school spells that were no longer valid to me once I got gear that brought up my power pip percentage. I have no mastery amulets. I was never sorry I trained Death to Feint, the Tri Blade and Trap from Niles in Krock land and then started the Sun spells (fists only) in Celestia thru Zafaria and then later Sharpen Blade, Potent Trap in AZ. I was able to recover training points going forward so I didn't have to do a buy back, I just had to wait a little longer to get the spells I wanted and took every available training point quest.

Mary

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Alexan580 on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:

Some corrections: All of a school's attack cards have the same accuracy. Storm has 70% and Fire has 75%. Also, Death and Balance are tied for second best accuracy at 85%.

Then an opinion about secondary schools. A secondary school for attacking may be strong at first, but will fall of after Celestia or Zafaria, probably much earlier if you don't have a Mastery Amulet due to Power Pips not being useful to your secondary school. Also, your level X8 spells will be better than the <6 Pip spells from the secondary school. Thus, I would advise against having a secondary school, other than Death to Feint, Life to Satyr and optionally Ice to Tower, which are extremely useful.

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Northlite on Aug 24, 2014 wrote:
I played my Life wizard mainly solo though the end of Zafaira. I found 2 deck set ups helped, one for mobs one for boss battles but kept both of them minimal so as not to waste rounds in battle with nothing to do but discard. Reshuffle is ok but by then I had tons of TC's I could fall back on, sell ones I didn't want for ones I did etc.. I don't think I have ever had more then one sprite and one satyr in my deck unless I was doing waterworks and put rebirths in.

I also trained secondary school spells that were no longer valid to me once I got gear that brought up my power pip percentage. I have no mastery amulets. I was never sorry I trained Death to Feint, the Tri Blade and Trap from Niles in Krock land and then started the Sun spells (fists only) in Celestia thru Zafaria and then later Sharpen Blade, Potent Trap in AZ. I was able to recover training points going forward so I didn't have to do a buy back, I just had to wait a little longer to get the spells I wanted and took every available training point quest.

Mary
Thanks for letting me know! :)

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
lewski on Aug 25, 2014 wrote:
Some corrections: All of a school's attack cards have the same accuracy. Storm has 70% and Fire has 75%. Also, Death and Balance are tied for second best accuracy at 85%.

Then an opinion about secondary schools. A secondary school for attacking may be strong at first, but will fall of after Celestia or Zafaria, probably much earlier if you don't have a Mastery Amulet due to Power Pips not being useful to your secondary school. Also, your level X8 spells will be better than the <6 Pip spells from the secondary school. Thus, I would advise against having a secondary school, other than Death to Feint, Life to Satyr and optionally Ice to Tower, which are extremely useful.
Thanks for some tips! ( sorry I am replying a lot just to be polite lol )

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
I'm a level 51 life wizard, and I like to focus around one attack spell and see how high I can get that. I don't fill up my deck all the way, I only keep the spells I know I use all the time and that I use. My deck allows 7 copies of life spells and 4 of everything else, so I'll tell you what I have for life:

7 centaurs
6 blades
6 traps
5 satyrs
4 spirit blades
4 spirit traps
My centaurs normally get to 1500-2500 damage, more if I use a balance blade or something. I also keep a few reshuffles in there if a battle gets extra long.

That's just what I have for PvE. For PvP, I like to focus more on the healing side of things if I'm on a team, but that's just me :) As for secondary schools, I think you chose a really good one. You get the healing of life and the power of storm, that's pretty nice! Mine's balance, so I just keep a few attacks (mainly hydra) and elemental blades.

So that's it! :D I hope I helped somehow (:

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
I'm life 37, not in Mooshu yet, still in Marley.

I can't help much, except maybe the fact I'm not in Mooshu yet reflects my strategy
to do all content I can do before I move on to a higher level world.

That said I hope I don't end up struggling in Mooshu too. :-)

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Melissa Daydreamer on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
I'm a level 51 life wizard, and I like to focus around one attack spell and see how high I can get that. I don't fill up my deck all the way, I only keep the spells I know I use all the time and that I use. My deck allows 7 copies of life spells and 4 of everything else, so I'll tell you what I have for life:

7 centaurs
6 blades
6 traps
5 satyrs
4 spirit blades
4 spirit traps
My centaurs normally get to 1500-2500 damage, more if I use a balance blade or something. I also keep a few reshuffles in there if a battle gets extra long.

That's just what I have for PvE. For PvP, I like to focus more on the healing side of things if I'm on a team, but that's just me :) As for secondary schools, I think you chose a really good one. You get the healing of life and the power of storm, that's pretty nice! Mine's balance, so I just keep a few attacks (mainly hydra) and elemental blades.

So that's it! :D I hope I helped somehow (:
Thanks, that helped. :) Lol I know I was thinking Life and Storm go together good. Because life for healing and you get really powerful spells from storm? Perfect package right?

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Jesse LifeMancer on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
I'm life 37, not in Mooshu yet, still in Marley.

I can't help much, except maybe the fact I'm not in Mooshu yet reflects my strategy
to do all content I can do before I move on to a higher level world.

That said I hope I don't end up struggling in Mooshu too. :-)
Lol yeah Mooshu is kind of hard and easy at same time. Its annoying when you keep having to battle monsters which take 10 minutes. ( I don't know just for me.) I am working on the plague oni now for Moolinda Wu for a new healing spell. ( The tree woman one.) And now I have to do the shirataki temple for storyline. Thanks for commenting anyway!

Katie watergem ( no text chat sorry but add me if you see me! ;))
Shelby Lionheart ( new account with text chat! ) I have more wizards on the accounts of course but i'll let you know soon!