Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is everyone's least favorite school?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Hi everyone! I was wondering what is your least favorite school? I don't want anyone to be offended if someone doesn't like ice and there are ice wizards reading. Remember everyone has different opinions! So feel free to share what you think! You're also welcome to say your favorite school and why you don't like the school. Have fun!

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
In my opinion, my least favorite school (to play on) is storm because you're known as the hitter and mostly forced to be one. The low critical block and health really annoyed me and it was pretty hard to get a good power pip rating also. My least favorite school to play along with is another death because I don't get to see other cool spells. Finally, my least favorite school to face in pvp is ice because the match goes on forever if they have really high resists to fire and storm (another reason I don't like storm).
Tara

Explorer
May 26, 2012
Depends,

In PvP wizards can be really annoying with their tower shields and blizzards (which always knocks me out) .

In boss battles minions are super annoying (even though I am a life wizard) because they can give absorbs to themselves or other enemies and they can heal.

Also in battle, minions always like to annihilate you with Homofrog (don't know if I spelled that right).

And of course, bosses are the worst (especially if you are battling them solo) cause they have a lot of powerful moves that could wipe you out in seconds.

But they are all great if they are battling with you .

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I'll shoot straight with you, my least favorite school is Life. I have two main gripes against it: 1) There's only 1 AoE spell in the school, and it takes 2 rounds to be able to use it unless someone donates pips to you, and 2) If you're with a team, there's often confusion about what your role is going to be... will you heal? will you hit? will you be comic relief and bring everyone cookies?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Fire is my least favorite to play and to team up with. Just not a DOT fan and many Fire wizards don't seem to understand they aren't ready to hit yet. They just assume it will kill over time even though they barely bladed up. Early hitting and DOT just keeps you from trapping and prolongs battles.

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Very interesting opinions! Hopefully there will be more people commenting, but thanks! Add me if you see me, Katie water gem :)

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
My least favorite is storm. To me there is not much strategy. Seems it is only Blade and hit, but that is only my opinion.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
I would say death is my least favorite school. I guess just because I don't think the spells are that cool, or particularly powerful. I know a high level skilled death wiz is hard to deal with but I think the other schools may be just a tad bit more helpful, in pvp at least.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Lucas Rain on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
I'll shoot straight with you, my least favorite school is Life. I have two main gripes against it: 1) There's only 1 AoE spell in the school, and it takes 2 rounds to be able to use it unless someone donates pips to you, and 2) If you're with a team, there's often confusion about what your role is going to be... will you heal? will you hit? will you be comic relief and bring everyone cookies?
Actually, if you think about it, life has healing AoEs also. Unicorn and Rebirth, and there might be more I don't know about. Life wizards can be pretty powerful, although it might be hard to do some damage.
I'm not too fond of the elemental schools. They seem to get all the attention and almost every is storm or fire, and then there are quite a bit of ice wizards.
I mean think about it. Who do you verse in PVP the most? Ice, storm, and fire almost always show up.
So, yeah, I don't really like the elemental schools, no offense to anyone in them.
Myrna Dragoncloud

Explorer
Oct 07, 2010
My least favorite school is fire because when I have my elemental shields on me fire just washes them away

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Thats ok even though I am life thank you for being honest. :) I do see where you might question Life. It is a bit difficult at times..

Explorer
May 26, 2012
Well, if I'm with a team then I would try to attack but most of the time I would heal (I wish I could bring cookies, though ).

Jessica Rosethorn lvl 35 wizard

Explorer
Nov 16, 2012
Life!!! To weak and it's to annoying to spend time getting pips.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Hmm idk I think I like ice the least. I used to have an ice wizard but I deleted it for a balance wizard. I am more of an attacker then a defender. I want to be able to kill my enemies fast, and not slowly. I don't know ice just doesn't suit me lol.