Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can I get my crowns back?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jul 13, 2013
So the first time I ever bought crowns I read everything I could find about crowns.
I found one page saying that when you are done with an area you can give it back.
This was on the Wizard101 website, by the way, not some random one.
The page might not be there anymore because it was a long time ago.
Okay so I got done with Firecat Alley, got the Smith, did everything I wanted to there, and I tried to figure out how give it back and get my crowns back. But then I couldn't find out how so I looked up if it was even possible to give back zones and everyone said it wasn't but the Wizard101 site said it was possible.
I used only crowns up to the beginning of Marleybone, where I bought the first few areas.
Then I got a membership.
Now there is absolutely no reason to own those places and I would like to return them so I can use my crowns again, like it said I could on the Wizard101 website.
Can someone explain to me how to give back my zones or did King's Isle lie to me?
Myrna Dragoncloud, Grandmaster

Administrator
Hello young wizard,

Sorry for the confusion, but you cannot get crowns back for an area that you've purchased. If you think you read this on our website, it would be helpful to have a link to where you saw it. Thanks.

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 12, 2014 wrote:
So the first time I ever bought crowns I read everything I could find about crowns.
I found one page saying that when you are done with an area you can give it back.
This was on the Wizard101 website, by the way, not some random one.
The page might not be there anymore because it was a long time ago.
Okay so I got done with Firecat Alley, got the Smith, did everything I wanted to there, and I tried to figure out how give it back and get my crowns back. But then I couldn't find out how so I looked up if it was even possible to give back zones and everyone said it wasn't but the Wizard101 site said it was possible.
I used only crowns up to the beginning of Marleybone, where I bought the first few areas.
Then I got a membership.
Now there is absolutely no reason to own those places and I would like to return them so I can use my crowns again, like it said I could on the Wizard101 website.
Can someone explain to me how to give back my zones or did King's Isle lie to me?
Myrna Dragoncloud, Grandmaster
The only up side to buying over going with membership is now you own those areas, to use, for as long as the game exists. When we started the game we purchased areas at a time as we went. Once we were sure we were staying awhile we did memberships. By now all our accounts would of paid for all areas and probably saved some money doing it.

We have 2 accounts paying for memberships and we have 2 accounts that are now "free to play", these 2 accounts have access to Wizard City and parts of Krockitopia which is nice if you really don't play any more but would like access to more of the game. Of course there are fringes to have membership but in the end you never loose what you paid for already, in areas of the game, if you decide to stop paying for membership..

Mary

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Hey sorry I looked on the website it said "Return back as many times as you like" but it really meant return back to the area, not give the area back to use your crowns again. I was confused. Sorry.