Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Would you return to previous worlds to fight stronger versions of existing boss monsters?

Yes!
81% [112]
No.
18% [25]

Feedback Friday 8-8-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Happy Friday, everyone! Let's get going on that feedback thing...

Today's question is a poll about boss monsters. If there were more difficult versions of existing bosses added to the Spiral, would you return to fight them? For example, if there was a level 100 Rattlebones, would you come back to Unicorn Way to fight him, or would you be preoccupied with other things in the Spiral?

Please vote on the poll above, and feel free to elaborate on your opinions below.

Have a wondrous weekend, and I'll see you next time!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Defender
Sep 18, 2010
~ I would but only, and I mean ONLY if they weren't solo and dropped wayyyy better attire. ~

Survivor
Jun 11, 2014
tbh i would just do pvp. As someone who likes to solo most parts of the game, it would make a lot of things a LOT harder. Some bosses are hard enough as is.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Uh, yeah, I would love to see the old cheating bosses of the Malistaire arc make a comeback for people to fight as an optional endeavor to take part in as well.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
If the loot was worth it, yep.

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Grandmaster Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Magus Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Journeyman Theurgist

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
If the rewards were commensurate with the level difficulty, definitely. If you do this though there should be an option which you want to fight.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
I've always wanted this actually! I think it'll be a great way to add new content without adding new places. And it'll keep people coming back to lower level worlds otherwise left alone by high levels.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Yes, as long as they have something cooler added like maybe metal bones as an upgrade, and definitely better drops. Maybe something new?

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
If he dropped useful gear, maybe, but just for something to do, not likely. None of my characters have visited Briskbreeze Tower or Tower of the Helephant or Atlantea, and new wizards I start no longer even bother with Sunken City. I am interested in questing and levelling much more than battling pointless bosses.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2011
Make reshuffle rudolph harder to fight, please? He is the boss in Avalon's High Road and he randomly reshuffles your deck during the fight. He's fun, but too easy to fight. Please, and thank you. :)

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
I think that if you also added special gear drops or maybe even pet drops like miniature versions of those bosses that would be a really cool motivation for re-facing an earlier boss with an adjusted difficulty.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
I would prefer to have new bosses at different levels to go back to and fight something new

Survivor
Dec 02, 2008
That depends. I would battle any boss made tougher at least once for sheer curiosity. However, their rewards would need to be adjusted for Exalted wizards to farm them, I would think.

Most of all though, I'd like to see an update on the Halloween towers. The Master Tower was only made for level 40-50 wizards before Celestia had come out. Having a level 100 Pumpkinhead or a whole new tower this October would be awesome . Perhaps have them drop Kensington Park stuff again (like they did in 2009-10, I believe), or even Morganthe/other Khrysalis boss loot tables?

Thanks for considering this!

Survivor
Jun 19, 2014
hmm well if the boss had a special reward which it gave it would be intriguing. rewards such as special pieces of gears or something concerning astral or shadow spells.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
Would definitely return for higher level bosses but the rewards and drops would have to be worth it as well.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
I would have to say...it depends....
I think it would be great if there was a storyline that took you back to the boss. and the boss was harder for the higher level wizards
I can't see just making the current boss harder and forgetting about those Wizard101 players who are just starting out. While they do need challenges I do not think that they should be forced to face the one suitable for a higher level wizard.
That being said....
I do hate that there are parts of the game that have now been changed so that they are a lot easier.
There are those of us who had to get thru those difficult sections and do not appreciate them being made easier for the new players.
When I decided to create a new wizard, and started her off in Wizard City, I knew that having played those sections before gave me some advantage but I was shocked and a bit mad to discover just how easy some places had been made. I can remember my Wizard being met by four ghost and being pulled into a fight as soon as I entered The Sunken City. I remember being pulled off the sidewalk into fights there too. Not any more...
Yes, it was challenging and, at times, frustrating, but I was proud when I finally defeated that realm.
Now Sunken City is no big deal and that is a shame.

Make the storyline so that Wizards return to various bosses, but only IF you can have their level of difficulty differentiate according to the level of the Wizard.
It would also be great if the drops were also different (and more in line with) the level of difficulty of the boss that drops them.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
I usually go back and fight old monsters and bosses because I am farming or helping someone out. You would have to make a way for the returni to specify whether hevwant the easy monster or hard version because if he has a young wizard half his level, chances are the young wizard will die.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I would fight more difficult versions of bosses if their drops were unique.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Professor Falmea on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
Happy Friday, everyone! Let's get going on that feedback thing...

Today's question is a poll about boss monsters. If there were more difficult versions of existing bosses added to the Spiral, would you return to fight them? For example, if there was a level 100 Rattlebones, would you come back to Unicorn Way to fight him, or would you be preoccupied with other things in the Spiral?

Please vote on the poll above, and feel free to elaborate on your opinions below.

Have a wondrous weekend, and I'll see you next time!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Great question Professor Falmea!
My answer depends on the drops, for example, if level 100 Rattlebones dropped lvel 90-100 gear (or even new and rare pets), then yes, I would definitely battle him again, especially if I'd finished all quests.
However if it was a case of fighting a boss just because he/she were a higher level but with the same lower level drops, then I would pass it over.
Michael Stormhammer Promethean

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Only on two conditions : The drops would have to be fabulous and they would have to be the same school as the wizard who is fighting. We all have our favourite bosses who I am sure we would deffinitely go back to in those circumstances.

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
if you are going to do that why not bring them out in a story line involving the gobbler's world but for only level 100.
yes i would, but i need better reagents and gear at the 100 level

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Although I'm usually one to keep moving forward, i guess it would depend on, well quite a few factors really. Will the level of their drops increase with their level, and can we also choose to fight the weaker version again instead? And if say, there were a rattlebones for level 10 and level 50 wizards, and just about every increase in level how would we choose the level? And what about high level bosses? Would the way the system works have a loophole to create a level 1 morganthe battle? It's an interesting question, but it raises a lot of questions of it's own. Also, that's a lot of bosses to make high level versions of.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
I would love to see hard mode bosses with improved and unique loot! Such as items that level up with your character, rarer pets, and possibly some new spells to earn! Maybe you could put in a hard mode briskbreeze tower that'd give you level 65 items, and hard mode waterworks to give you level 75 items, and even possibly have all the aquila dungeons reward gear that requires 10 levels above from what it normaly gives I.e instead of level 90 hades gear, you would receive level 100 hades gear with a twist! (Maybe some graphical effects such as glowing and so on). I'd also like to see a monster kill count badge that shows you how many monster's you've defeated in the game with the character you are on. Imagine a hard mode cheating malistaire with 100k health and his minions with 15k health that know some dirty tricks themselves! (Mastery, annoying spells so on so on). A level 100 jade oni with 75k hp that drops level 100 samoorai swords! I'd love to see a good challenge come along!

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
assuming they would have level appropriate awesome rewards. that would rock

-Amber