Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fixes needed to be made to game.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
Alright, I've been playing wizard101 for 5 years and I've noticed a few things that needed a huge change. The things listed are not in order from most important or least important.
1. The spell "Guardian wings" Should only be allowed to be used once per battle Including pvp.
2. Players that buy areas with crowns should be able to purchase a permanent backpack item limit increase to 120. Because playing all the worlds with 80 item slots is not enough without having to sell frequently.
3. Players should be able to gift "stitching tokens" to friends who cannot get crowns for themselves, so their friends can look just as fashionable as you do.
4. When kingsisle is going to perform maintenance they need to release an ingame notice 4-5 hours ahead of time instead of 15 minutes or less. (I got kicked from hades fight because of this very reason and never got the stuff I wanted).
5. Loremaster's spell drop rate needs to be tweaked a little bit to ensure that she drops them at a more fair rate. (I've gone over 100 battles dry with her).
6. Equipment sets from the newer bundles need to have a health bonus instead of just some damage and resist and a few spells. (They are not even worth buying because of the disappointment of having no health.
7. The amount of gold used to hatch a pet should be determined by level and pet pedigree. (so the newer players can have fun hatching and training pets instead of waiting till wintertusk to get even close to hatching).
8. The pet talent " May Cast Balanceblade/dragonblade " Needs to have it's cast rate increased, I never see pets with this talent ever cast the blade, EVER.
9. When you are in a group with players, When you enter a sigil for a dungeon, A spot should be saved for your friend(s).
10. Bundle houses should be able in the crown shop for all people to buy at all times with gold or crowns. 250k for a huge house wouldn't be so bad right?
11. When you have 999 of one reagent and you try to open a pack (i.e Shamans lore etc etc). You can't open them due to the saying of "sorry, but this would put you over the reagent limit" Instead the pack will skip that reagent and will replace it with another reagent, if you have 999 of all the common reagents it will be turned into the gold value of the reagent instead.
12. Spell drops from packs need to be increased to something more fair for our money. Do you spend the $60 just to open 60,000 crowns worth of packs and get NOTHING worth using? or you get a spell that's not even a primary school spell? Well lets change that to where customer service will turn the card into a more school appropriate spell.
13. One last thing. What if we could pay crowns to buy a spell directly from the crown shop, and no we couldn't purchase them with gold because you can gain the crafting level to craft them with ingame currency. I'm more than willing to pay 10,000c to buy a spell for a character.
What are some of your Ideas?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4. This is simply not possible. The "maintenance" they did today was not planned. Regular maintenance is done at the same time, same day every week. After playing for 5 years you should know that.

9. Not possible. This is what groups are for.

13. Absolutely not. This would be completely unfair to anyone unable to purchase with CASH, aka crowns. This would change the game entirely to a pay to win game and would result in a mass exodus of players.

Administrator
Hello Chris,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I'm sorry you got caught off guard by the maintenance while in a battle. One suggestion is that if you use Twitter, you can keep up to date on any downtime by following the @Wizard101 or @KI_Alerts feeds. Whenever possible, they will post about downtime several hours ahead.

https://twitter.com/wizard101
https://twitter.com/KI_Alerts

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Apr 21, 2011
all mastery amulets should be banned from pvp all tc beguile use should be banned from pvp make a spell to cleanse beguile cleanse charm beguile NO MASTERY AMULET no mastery amulet in pvp no tc beguile use in pvp

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
1. If you want to limit a school for how many times it can be used in battle then you should not single out life. Why not say Death can only cast infection once per battle, Storm can only use tempest once per battle, etc.

2. If someone wants extra backpack space that bad, they can get a sub. Remember crowns players, once they unlock an area it is theirs forever. A person with a sub is limited to free to play areas once their sub is finished. Because of this, sub players are given a few more 'benefits'.

3. I will agree with the stitching. Although it may open the door for even more begging in the commons.

4. KI does give plenty of warning. I have been on game when they have given a 2 hour warning. Also any planned maintenance is shown on the launch screen. Sometimes problems appear when they have to do EMERGENCY maintenance. It don't happen often.

5. Loremaster spells, maybe a little bit of tweak.

6. I personally don't care too much for crown gear. IMO most of the best gear is from drops.

7. So, a level 10 person with a 70 pedigree pet, wanting to hatch with another 70 pedigree pet should pay less than a level 90? That really isn't fair to the level 90.

8. The may cast dragon blade/balance blade talent is triggered when you make an attack. I see no problem with the casting rate now. Seen it happen many times.

9. Not sure why this is necessary. If you are in a group and are entering a dungeon, aren't you already together? If you have people jumping on your sigils then move to a less crowded realm.

10. Now why should someone be able to use in game gold to get a house that I had to pay REAL money for?

11. If you have 999 of one type of reagent, transmute or sell, then open pack.

12. The same spells you get from packs you can get as drops from Loremaster or even craft.

13. Buying spells with crowns would give an unfair advantage to the people who can afford extras. They can take their chances with packs.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
1. The spell "Guardian spirit" should only be allowed to be used once per battle.
no. learn to counter the spell.

2. Players that buy areas with crowns should be able to purchase a permanent backpack item limit increase.
this, i can get behind.

3. Players should be able to gift "stitching tokens" to friends.
oh good lord, no. begging will skyrocket.

4. When KI is going to perform maintenance... I got kicked from hades fight because of this very reason and never got the stuff I wanted)
annoying. but, let's face it, you probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway.

5. Loremaster's spell drop rate needs to be tweaked (I've gone over 100 battles dry with her).
some of us have gone dry a lot longer than that.

6. Equipment from the newer bundles need to have a health bonus instead of just some damage and resist and a few spells.
bundle gear isn't worth it past level 50 anyway.

7. The amount of gold used to hatch a pet should be determined by level and pet pedigree.
it already is.

8. "May Cast Balanceblade/dragonblade " Needs to have it's cast rate increased, I never see pets with this talent ever cast the blade, EVER.
you've obviously never met sparky the damp demon.

9. When you enter a sigil for a dungeon, A spot should be saved for your friend(s).
that'd be nice.

10. Bundle houses should be able in the crown shop for all people to buy at all times with gold or crowns.
would be nice for us non-american players.

11. When you have 999 of one reagent and you try to open a pack... if you have 999 of all the common reagents it will be turned into the gold value of the reagent.
aw, no fun.

12. Spell drops from packs need to be increased to something more fair for our money.
would be nice, but then no one would buy packs.

13. What if we could pay crowns to buy a spell directly from the crown shop... I'm more than willing to pay 10,000c to buy a spell.
see #12.

What are some of your ideas?
bring back malistaire.and don't die.

-von "give me ice cream or give me death" shadowsong

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
1. Von said everything needed.
2. Timers and Backpack are really the only perks members get already. If they added a month long crown elixir for those I'd get behind it.
3. Allowing the gifting of 500 crowns per week to a friend would take care of that without really increasing the begging factor.
4. They announce maintenance closures at 2h, 1h, 45m, 30m, 20m, 15m, 10m, 5m, 4m, 3m, 2m, 1m
5. It's random, but usually around 1 spell every 200 tries. Craft them or try your luck on packs.
6. There's loads of dropped, crown and bazaar gear in the game already if all you want are health boosts.
7. It is determined by pedigree already, level shouldn't matter. It still has the same potential whether it's Adult or Mega parent.
8. You clearly aren't attacking or blading much, every pet I've seen with them do it quite alot.
9. If you want to go with only friends, go to a perfect realm. Also how do you propose joining? With a "How many friends would you like to join you?" No real need.
10. Won't happen because it removes the whole point of exclusivity in sellers marketing the cards. You just have to wait for the bundle to be online for sale. Gold sales will never and should never happen.
11. Sell a few or Shared Bank
12. And Lottery Tickets should always award me the Millions.
13. And I would pay $10,000 to always win the Millions in the lottery. Forget it.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
Chris Soulsword on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
Alright, I've been playing wizard101 for 5 years and I've noticed a few things that needed a huge change. The things listed are not in order from most important or least important.
1. The spell "Guardian wings" Should only be allowed to be used once per battle Including pvp.
2. Players that buy areas with crowns should be able to purchase a permanent backpack item limit increase to 120. Because playing all the worlds with 80 item slots is not enough without having to sell frequently.
3. Players should be able to gift "stitching tokens" to friends who cannot get crowns for themselves, so their friends can look just as fashionable as you do.
4. When kingsisle is going to perform maintenance they need to release an ingame notice 4-5 hours ahead of time instead of 15 minutes or less. (I got kicked from hades fight because of this very reason and never got the stuff I wanted).
5. Loremaster's spell drop rate needs to be tweaked a little bit to ensure that she drops them at a more fair rate. (I've gone over 100 battles dry with her).
6. Equipment sets from the newer bundles need to have a health bonus instead of just some damage and resist and a few spells. (They are not even worth buying because of the disappointment of having no health.
7. The amount of gold used to hatch a pet should be determined by level and pet pedigree. (so the newer players can have fun hatching and training pets instead of waiting till wintertusk to get even close to hatching).
8. The pet talent " May Cast Balanceblade/dragonblade " Needs to have it's cast rate increased, I never see pets with this talent ever cast the blade, EVER.
9. When you are in a group with players, When you enter a sigil for a dungeon, A spot should be saved for your friend(s).
10. Bundle houses should be able in the crown shop for all people to buy at all times with gold or crowns. 250k for a huge house wouldn't be so bad right?
11. When you have 999 of one reagent and you try to open a pack (i.e Shamans lore etc etc). You can't open them due to the saying of "sorry, but this would put you over the reagent limit" Instead the pack will skip that reagent and will replace it with another reagent, if you have 999 of all the common reagents it will be turned into the gold value of the reagent instead.
12. Spell drops from packs need to be increased to something more fair for our money. Do you spend the $60 just to open 60,000 crowns worth of packs and get NOTHING worth using? or you get a spell that's not even a primary school spell? Well lets change that to where customer service will turn the card into a more school appropriate spell.
13. One last thing. What if we could pay crowns to buy a spell directly from the crown shop, and no we couldn't purchase them with gold because you can gain the crafting level to craft them with ingame currency. I'm more than willing to pay 10,000c to buy a spell for a character.
What are some of your Ideas?
1.The spell is fine as is. Why would you complain about it? It better not be because of PvP, that would just show what kind of player you are, plan before you go into combat, don't just rush in. I don't understand why you want it to be able to use once per battle in PvE... I guess we should put a limit on how many times we can use certain attack spells, healing spells, blades, etc.

2. I would like to see this in game.

3.I would LOVE this! (let beggars be, there's an ignore button for a reason!)

4.The last couple of times they've done this, it's always warned the people and I've been with at least a hour ahead of time.

5.I don't know the chances of getting a drop spelled, but I'm guessing it's around one through three percent, which seems reasonable. I've went hundreds of battles without getting one spell, while some of my friends have gotten more than one spell within the hour.

6. Don't mind it, it doesn't really change much because the stats aren't very good from the start.

7.It shouldn't have anything to do with levels, just make a new Wizard, put that pet on that Wizard, hatch, save gold. For the pet pedigree, I thought it already affected cost.

8. MC BalanceBlade/DragonBlade has the most cast rate out of all the blades!! It's just like how MC Tower Shield casts more often than let's say, MC Storm shield, because it only has a chance to cast when someone uses Storm damage, unlike MC Tower Shield because it has a chance to cast on all damage spells. The same goes with MC BalanceBlade/DragonBlade vs other MC Blades.

9. Doesn't this already happen? If you're in a full group, doesn't it take everyone inside when you click on team up? It did for me.

10. No. No. No. No. That would take the ideal of what bundles are about! They're not meant to be bought from the crown shop, if they're not retired that is... Which it wouldn't be for too long, and for crowns only, like they've done.

11. This is my first time every hearing this... It would take awhile to get most reagents to 999..... So all you have to do, is sell! Or move it to another character. Which if you don't craft, you don't need it!

12. Like I've said on the LoreMaster drops, if you don't have luck, that doesn't mean no one has any! I've had good luck with packs, getting Deer Knight and Lord of Night in the first couple of packs (on my Death Wizard too!). My Storm Wizard always has gotten Deer Knight.. "NOTHING worth using"? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You get gear! If you already had the gear, reagents, housing items, and MORE! It's not called a "Spell Pack", they have more items then just a chance at spells! If you wanted, you could just craft it... Time vs Money.

13. I would like this, but, that would make some packs lose their special item(s), spells! Unless they also add the mounts from the other packs, pets, etc. It wouldn't be fair to those packs.

Sorry for any grammar mistakes.. I know I've made a couple! That is..

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
gorman moonweaver on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
all mastery amulets should be banned from pvp all tc beguile use should be banned from pvp make a spell to cleanse beguile cleanse charm beguile NO MASTERY AMULET no mastery amulet in pvp no tc beguile use in pvp
Could you be more clear, pretty please? Thanks You.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
That's a lot of tweaks XD.
1. Reasonable in PvP but I don't see why in PvE. FYI, it's called Guardian Angel but I like that new name lol.
2. Reasonable.
3. We've had a lot of begging and all these types of shenanigans on the message boards. This my double the amount.
4. Reasonable, though as the Prof said, checking their twitter is a way to avoid that. Besides, I thought the game did already gave warnings at 4 hours notice, then hourly intervals?
5. Reasonable but don't tweak it too much. Those spells are supposed to be rare and a lot of people who crafted the spells (such as me) will get so mad when they find out we could get a spell once every 50 battles.
6. Once you reach level 30, you get Aquila gear which is better anyways. Once you hit level 60, Waterworks is the best gear so far. Any bundle gear under 30 is reasonable.
7. Reasonable and already is.
8. Reasonable.
9. Reasonable only if there are friends around that are willing to go in the dungeon.
10. Reasonable.
11. Reasonable.
12. Reasonable.
13. Absolutely ridonculous. It would be incredibly unfair to non paying people who spend months farming only to find someone just buying the spell without working for it. Sorry, no offense XD.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
This is my list:

1. The amount of treasure cards and reagents NEED to be reduced in hoard packs. I spent 16000 worth of crowns on the Keepers Hoard Pack to get a decent piece of jade gear (to tank when I quest/farm) and I get NOTHING but a few troll treasure cards and frost flowers. Yippee.
2. Insane Bolt and Wild Bolt need to be banned from ranked PvP, simply because the spells are based on luck, not strategy. I heard Insane Bolt has a 75% chance of hitting the opponent. Really! 75% chance to do up to 3000 damage if it goes critical.
3. Drop rates need to be increased, by a lot for Tartarus and Morganthe's Chamber. The Amulet of Divine Influence can stay where it is, but the chance of hades gear should be good enough to get a piece of good gear one in probably ten to twenty runs. The Morganthe amulet chance needs to be doubled AT LEAST. I came close to losing my patience and deleting my account after my 64th run.

That is all.
Exalted