Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bad Luck

AuthorMessage
Squire
Feb 29, 2012
So, I've been having a lot of bad luck lately and I figure I may as well share it and laugh at it. (Here's a sure way to invite more. ) So then I got to thinking, have any of you guys just had that one day where everything was off for no apparent reason? It could be anything from gear not dropping to defeat and don't collect quests being infuriating and the like.

I figured this could be a sort of venting thread. Maybe if we get it off our chest good luck will come our way?

I know that as of late, I've been having power pip problems. Seriously, at 70-80 percent chance of a power pip you'd think that I'd have a full or nearly full rack of power pips. Instead I've been ending up with four or five white pips. Must have been something I said. (I have a habit of jinxing myself. )

That and my farming luck has been sub-par lately, although I've been farming for things with lower drop rates than what I'd normally farm for, so I guess I can't really complain here. (I'm still unsure as to why the treasure cards I'm farming for won't show though. The one time I want treasure cards while farming is the time I don't get them. Huh. Go figure.)

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
Today I wasted about an HOUR trying to play Wizard101 and it had lots of low internet connection. Then I finally fixed it!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Oh, luck... if I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all.

My life wizard has 4 cards in her deck for mobs. Four. And do you think they show up when she needs them? No, ma'am.

And my fire wizard is on a very-bad losing streak, as in getting her backside kicked by grandmasters in pvp. It's like my opponents weren't expecting just any pyromancer, but me specifically. I've heard of 'watching the queue' (which is considered cheating, even though Duelist101 encourages it), but this is ridic.

Sigh,

-the former and future Commander VonSauce

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
Been having such bad luck farming for Sun Serpent tcs.100 battles and you'd think I would have gotten 2 but no -_-.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Since the odds in the game decide what is a success and what is a failure I am not sure 'luck" has anything to do with it. Being in the right place at the wrong time maybe?

Odd you should mention the pip situation though. On my Ice, which I took though some of the new world before I gave up, I started to get so many white pips that on several occasions I was unable to cast Lord of Winter? More recently I just completed as far I am going to take my Myth wizard, end of Avalon and it was starting to get more white pips making casting higher pip spells not practical during the last 2 dungeon instances.

Altho I feel some of this problem is my own fault since I don't farm or craft high level gear so my wizards aren't "keeping up with the game play difficulty" but this white pip thing does seem to be new to me.

For me the game is more about expectations, the lower I set them in the game the better it is for me. I have narrowed things down to get more of the sure things out of the game then the "chance to get" things so I can see results of my progress over wasting time not getting something.

Mary

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Dr Von on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:

My life wizard has 4 cards in her deck for mobs. Four. And do you think they show up when she needs them? No, ma'am.

And my fire wizard is on a very-bad losing streak, as in getting her backside kicked by grandmasters in pvp. It's like my opponents weren't expecting just any pyromancer, but me specifically. I've heard of 'watching the queue' (which is considered cheating, even though Duelist101 encourages it), but this is ridic.

Sigh,

Duelist 101 does NOT advocate watching the queue. Most at Duelist101 agree that it is destructive to the arena environment as a whole: Watching the queue

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Dr Von on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:

Sigh,

If I could add a minor correction.

Duelist101 does not encourage the practice of "Watching the Queue". In the two articles where the subject comes up, both of them actually condemn the practice. Nick's Exalted Fire Guide, spends 2-3 paragraphs explaining why they think it is bad for game health. The other article asks readers to give their opinions on queue watching, but the article itself explains why Duelist doesn't like it, and even offered a suggestion to keep it from happening.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Scarlet Nightdream... on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:
So, I've been having a lot of bad luck lately and I figure I may as well share it and laugh at it. (Here's a sure way to invite more. ) So then I got to thinking, have any of you guys just had that one day where everything was off for no apparent reason? It could be anything from gear not dropping to defeat and don't collect quests being infuriating and the like.

I figured this could be a sort of venting thread. Maybe if we get it off our chest good luck will come our way?

I know that as of late, I've been having power pip problems. Seriously, at 70-80 percent chance of a power pip you'd think that I'd have a full or nearly full rack of power pips. Instead I've been ending up with four or five white pips. Must have been something I said. (I have a habit of jinxing myself. )

That and my farming luck has been sub-par lately, although I've been farming for things with lower drop rates than what I'd normally farm for, so I guess I can't really complain here. (I'm still unsure as to why the treasure cards I'm farming for won't show though. The one time I want treasure cards while farming is the time I don't get them. Huh. Go figure.)
Well.
I don't farm.
Why?
Because I first started farming when I unlocked the loremaster.
50 times.
No spells.
Not even gear for my school, only the wand and the athame.
I did get some cool treasure cards but

And also.
I used to have 46% power pips at level 50 and then I got level 52 gear and now my power pips are at 67%. And I seem to have less power pips then when I had my old gear.
Also to change my gear I lost 7% accuracy. With my old gear I only fizzled like 10 times in the 20 levels I had the gear equipped(slight exaggeration.)
Now my balance spells are back at 85% and they seem to fizzle as much as my storm wizard's spells fizzle.
I am usually pretty lucky with collecting quests though. The most battles I have done for one of those is like five(surprisingly it was in Firecat Alley) and most of the time I only have to do one or two battles.
But yeah I feel what you feel...the bad luck.....