Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pet vs item cards look the same

AuthorMessage
Hero
Aug 18, 2011
This has been posted before, but still hasn't been addressed nearly a year later.

There is no visual difference between spells from pets and gear items, so if you have both you can't tell which is in your hand. Please add an icon to one type or change the background so we can distinguish them.

Thanks.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
I really don't see a problem with them looking the same. It would be a waste of time, money, and effort to change the way they look.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Nicholas Hawkspear on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
I really don't see a problem with them looking the same. It would be a waste of time, money, and effort to change the way they look.
Item cards and pet cards are stackable. Example my Enchanted Armament pet gives 3 Sharpen Blade cards and my boots give another. Both look exactly the same but are treated as separate. I would have to use all 4 to ensure that I had used both. There is also the issue of pet vs item with boss cheats. Pet traps do not trigger boss cheats, Item traps do. It wouldn't be that much money or effort to add some icon to differentiate them. The same treasure cards from different card packs have little icons to show they are different. It's no different.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Prince of Shadows on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
This has been posted before, but still hasn't been addressed nearly a year later.

There is no visual difference between spells from pets and gear items, so if you have both you can't tell which is in your hand. Please add an icon to one type or change the background so we can distinguish them.

Thanks.
Um....why is this a problem? Seriously, you can tell that it comes from either your pet or your gear, but really, why tell the difference between the two? What's it going to change?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Dragoncloud888 on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
Um....why is this a problem? Seriously, you can tell that it comes from either your pet or your gear, but really, why tell the difference between the two? What's it going to change?
If I sharpen a blade from my pet it's a +50% blade, if I sharpen a blade from my boots, it's A DIFFERENT +50% blade. It's a difference of having 150% attack and 225% attack. (1.5 x 1.5 =2.25). That's a big difference and that's only 2 blades.

Defender
Oct 22, 2012
That got me the other day,. Hoping I had the 2 types pet and item. But nope. Either a icon or change in back ground color would help a bunch.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Dragoncloud888 on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
It matters a great deal. If we cast one of each, they stack. If we cast two the same, they don't.

If I cast a pet spell with cheat boss, it isn't a problem, but if it is item it triggers the cheat. It is VERY important to know which he have.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's really a very simple fix in my opinion. Stick a tiny piggle icon on pet cards and a backpack icon on item cards. They already count differently, it would take no time change them. It would be no different than the cards we see with No PVP icons on some of them. And it would make everyone happy.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
I am in full agreement. Knowing the difference between pet cards and item cards can be huge! Why? They're stackable.

Stacking buffs is key to making that one huge hit that will kill the boss and/or minions. If I have a blade from my pet and a blade from my gear, it's almost impossible to tell which is which and could result in duplicate blades. If you're accounting for a blade that isn't actually there, not only will your hit be lower than expected, but it also could result in a very close non kill scenario. Even so, when playing support and buffing friends, it's helpful to know which card (item or pet) is in hand so that I don't repeat something my friend already put on the hammer.

Another big reason why I feel this change would be beneficial is because of cheats. When dealing with cheat bosses, pet buffs go undetected, whereas item spells do not. Since there are no differences between the two, playing an item card instead of a pet card could result in a deadly cheat! (And possibly the difference between success and failure.) It would be extremely helpful to know that the buff I'm using is pet, so I can prevent this scenario.

Please implement this KI! Thanks!

~Vanessa Mythdust

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
It does seem like pet, gear and trained spells are meant to stack. Differences in appearance mean that we can see when casting which type of spell we are casting and so stack.
However, even in hand the pet and gear boosts look the same.

As well as this, after adding boosts to spells they all look the same in hand.

I would love to see the existing sand colour for trained, gold for TC, blue for gear and maybe adding green for pet so that we can differentiate in hand.
When added to the basic spell in hand, if they kept the boost colour we would be able to see which boosts we have used and also which boosts we have left.

Explorer
Feb 25, 2010
Yes please, if the card is going to show up looking exactly the same, it becomes impossible to efficiently stack 2 different boosts from different sources. It would be great to be able to use Jewel of the Apiary with my Enchanted Armament.

A change in the percentage value of the boost could also work, like how item feint is 75% and pet is only 70%, but it seems like that would be harder to program.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
Oh yes please! Elemental blade from amulets and pets look exactly the same, so do sharpen. They should be different colour or background. When you have both on a team there's no way of knowing if they are stacking or not.